jeff

Beckley, WV

#23 Feb 6, 2010
give me an email [email protected]

i may be interested
Beckley Dude

Beckley, WV

#24 Feb 6, 2010
Earlier I said I had no problem with guitars plus, but all I had bought was some books and picks. But I've heard from a guy at a pawn shop and the music store at the mall that guitars plus buys used guitars and sales them as new. And they ain't a authorized Gibson dealer.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#25 Feb 6, 2010
Epiphone wrote:
I have a 1936-37 Epiphone hollow body electric that I am interested in selling. Excellent condition. Does anyone know where there might be a place I could sell it or if someone is interested?
I would do some internet research & find out about how much it's worth, unless you already know, ofcourse. Good luck.
the zoo

United States

#26 Feb 6, 2010
BLUEGRASS CONNECTION is the ticket!!!!! Can't beat their prices and the stand behind what they sell!! Authorized Dealer

United States

#27 Feb 7, 2010
Just talked to the guy that bought the guitar and he said that there is definitely 2 frets that are not set right. It is exactly where the neck bolts onto the body. That does not sound good. He said that he plays it but the action is pretty high. He's an incredible guitar player so I don't doubt anything he says. It's a shame to pay 1100 bucks for a guitar, then have to turn around & either buy a new neck or pay someone to try & repair the frets. I asked him if he took it back to Guitars Plus & he said that 'after the way that dickeye acted the last time he was there that he would rather not', then mumbled something about Py May from Kill Bill. He said the one eye dude told him that he stands behind his guitars but apparently he ain't standing behind this one. It's kinda messed up because 1100 bucks IS a lot of money, if you ask me, but I guess that with the knowledge posted here ppl will be warned & know better. I know that I'm glad that I found out.
honestly

Beckley, WV

#28 Feb 7, 2010
i would knock his windows out...but thats just me
GuitarPicker19

Oak Hill, WV

#29 Feb 17, 2010
gibson man wrote:
hell,it doesnt matter if you can play it or not tommy creek.Is that American strat just a mexican body with an american neck?
Is that amp a good working amp or just a piece o crap that someones traded in and rigged to work a little while?
at least from musicians friend if you buy a new amp you get a new amp...or a real american fender...
I wouldnt buy a pack o strings down there.
Hell I dont care if its from Mars if it plays and sounds good but Im a player not a poser.
beckley player

Beckley, WV

#30 Feb 17, 2010
I have a guitar you may be interested in...Its not a fake or anything...its an old Ibanez.an original 1987..if your interested in that sort of thing...

it plays great...has the wizard neck and original pickups...books for $900...ill take less thna that for it
parentof2

United States

#31 Feb 17, 2010
I went there to buy my oldest a Guitar, they sold me a regular size instead of youth. I told the guy it was for a nine yr girl, he said this one she could grow into. So we got it for her for Christmas and then took her to lesson and the man given her lesson told us it was to big and they should have never sold it to us for her. They would not take it back, so we ended up at the mall to by a youth size that she could play. I will not go to them anymore.
justa imposter

United States

#32 Feb 17, 2010
RonGermany88 wrote:
Just talked to the guy that bought the guitar and he said that there is definitely 2 frets that are not set right. It is exactly where the neck bolts onto the body. That does not sound good. He said that he plays it but the action is pretty high. He's an incredible guitar player so I don't doubt anything he says. It's a shame to pay 1100 bucks for a guitar, then have to turn around & either buy a new neck or pay someone to try & repair the frets. I asked him if he took it back to Guitars Plus & he said that 'after the way that dickeye acted the last time he was there that he would rather not', then mumbled something about Py May from Kill Bill. He said the one eye dude told him that he stands behind his guitars but apparently he ain't standing behind this one. It's kinda messed up because 1100 bucks IS a lot of money, if you ask me, but I guess that with the knowledge posted here ppl will be warned & know better. I know that I'm glad that I found out.

What does the guy want to do with his messed up inst,? I mean if it's just a couple of frets and the action high , that's not a biggee to fix or "change the set up " I build custom acoustic guitars and if thats all is wrong with it I could fix it in a couple of hours,!
picker

Beckley, WV

#33 Feb 17, 2010
why should someone pay $1100 for a guitar and have to pay to have it worked on...especially when they claim they stand behind their products?

They will gauretee this stuff and promise you the moon till they get your money then they will tell you to kiss their a$$

they are crooks I tell ya
Musician

Princeton, WV

#34 Feb 18, 2010
Musician's Friend is the way to go. Every time I go to Beckley and see this music place, they always look closed. Fro what I hear, I wouldn't want to buy a pick from the damn place. You know, I hear a lot of local businesses say buy here local and support your local businesses. I've learned that whenever you go local, you get burned. My house and auto loans are from banks away. My car insurance is away from here. This goes out to local businesses in the area because you all have created your own demise. SCREW YOU and I'm glad that you are not doing well and don't lie and say you are.
ratm

Beckley, WV

#35 Feb 18, 2010
about all businesses owners in beckley are blow hards they think there rich and act rich but most are broke. its like all the people on this site that talk about all this money they have. they crack me up thinking they can fool people.

United States

#36 Feb 18, 2010
justa imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the guy want to do with his messed up inst,? I mean if it's just a couple of frets and the action high , that's not a biggee to fix or "change the set up " I build custom acoustic guitars and if thats all is wrong with it I could fix it in a couple of hours,!
The action is higher on the guitar than it should be, according to the factory. He said that the one eyed dude assured him that the action could be lowered, no problem. When the guy that bought the guitar got it home & set it up, he couldn't get the action any lower because the first & second strings deaden out at the 15th & 17th frets completely. That's exactly where the neck bolts on, which could mean a couple of things.
It's bad enough that the guy paid 1100 bucks for it and now he has to either pay someone to refret the neck or buy a new neck altogether. He said oh well, he would do what needs to be done & move on & chalk it up as a lesson learned.
justa

Edgewood, NM

#37 Feb 18, 2010
RonGermany88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The action is higher on the guitar than it should be, according to the factory. He said that the one eyed dude assured him that the action could be lowered, no problem. When the guy that bought the guitar got it home & set it up, he couldn't get the action any lower because the first & second strings deaden out at the 15th & 17th frets completely. That's exactly where the neck bolts on, which could mean a couple of things.
It's bad enough that the guy paid 1100 bucks for it and now he has to either pay someone to refret the neck or buy a new neck altogether. He said oh well, he would do what needs to be done & move on & chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Ok, I was just askin, but I would have been glad to help him on it, it sounds like he knows what he's doing. I wouldn't trust anyone that told me they could set action by ajusting a truss rod , this is all the local shops know how to do. The proper way is to set the neck straight with the body then cut or raise the nut slot to get or change relief from the 12th fret towards the nut.

Then reduce or change the saddle height and the string slots for action from the 12th fret towards the bridge, never allow anyone to crank up the truss rod the increase the string height.
Good luck .
GuitarPicker19

Oak Hill, WV

#38 Feb 18, 2010
gibson man wrote:
he is not a fender dealer...not a gibson dealer...not a marshall dealer....dont let him lie to you and say he is.
I can always tell when Randy is lying....his lips are moving..
Biggest liar in Beckley
I looked online at Marshalls website and he is a dealer I guess you dont know you *** from a hole in the ground
GuitarPicker19

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Feb 18, 2010
RonGermany88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask about shopping there then bash him sounds strange to me
GuitarPicker19

Oak Hill, WV

#40 Feb 18, 2010
RonGermany88 wrote:
Yeah Im sure you believe everything you hear little man
Dot

Glasgow, KY

#41 Feb 18, 2010
Well said, and amen.
GuitarPicker19 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell I dont care if its from Mars if it plays and sounds good but Im a player not a poser.

United States

#42 Feb 20, 2010
GuitarPicker19 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Im sure you believe everything you hear little man
I believe what the guy that bought the ax tells me because I know him, he is a good guy & an incredible guitarist. The reason I asked ppl about dealing with GP is because I was by there around christmas & told my wife that I needed a new bass and she said stop & pick one up, but I've heard all sorts of sh*t about how they conduct buisness there, so I asked on here to get ppl's opinions, nothing more, nothing less. Me running into the guy that got his ass burnt purchasing the p.o.s. guitar is purely coincidental, but not really that rare, because we are both musicians in the same area & as you well know, musicians bump into each other all the time. Knowledge is key, there sunshine. I only believe facts & calling me 'little man' tells me one of two things that at this time I will keep to myself, dickeye f*cktard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 4 min Bitchn pay bills 16
Why did David Darden get fired from rgh 24 min DD is a great per... 5
does anyone know -is dr. yee a good doctor? (Sep '12) 38 min Just stop talking 29
$70 Mil Bockbuster about WV Native Virgil Light 5 hr Aaron 5
Lake stevens boating problems 6 hr Speedy 7
Beckley's Catholic Problem 8 hr WillhegoRound 31
Whitney Bsharah 10 hr Ohmy 2

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages