Barney Fife strikes again!

Barney Fife strikes again!

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Go get educated”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 22, 2012
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/20 ...

Cops stop two men for doing nothing. Kick them and arrest them. Cops are caught on tape saying they will "make stuff up" including felony robbery charges. The two men are taken to jail for assault, then let go when nobody wants to press charges.

Of course the police say there's nothing wrong with telling citizens that they will "make up" felonies if they don't admit to crimes they didn't commit.

Good grief, somebody needs to put a leash on these assclowns
Not All

Beckley, WV

#2 Feb 22, 2012
Its a shame that a very very few can make the hundreds of thousands of police officers look bad. Please keep in mind that NOT ALL police officers are like that and they are NOT ALL criminals. The vast majority are HONEST, HARD WORKING, CARING people that are just trying to make the world a little safer for you and your families.

“Go get educated”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 22, 2012
Not All wrote:
Its a shame that a very very few can make the hundreds of thousands of police officers look bad. Please keep in mind that NOT ALL police officers are like that and they are NOT ALL criminals. The vast majority are HONEST, HARD WORKING, CARING people that are just trying to make the world a little safer for you and your families.
In my opinion, the vast majority are ignorant racist men that have control issues. Most cops would rather take you to jail than help you. They also seem to have quite a penchant for shooting people.

Honest and caring? Please keep reading this thread, my little grasshopper.

Maybe one of Beckley's finest would like to get on Topix and straighten me out.

Here piggy piggy....
Law abiding citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Feb 22, 2012
I've lost so much faith in law enforcement. They so much rather go after the guarantee money (petty traffic violations) than do a real job of serving and protecting! I was following my husband through beckley a few nights ago, he drove through a traffic light, at that time green. When I passed through, the light had turned yellow. At the very next light I see a cop wigged on behind me. Thinking he needed to get by, I pull off to accommodate. He pulls off behind me and informs me that I've run a red light! Impossible, I tell him,,, but he is an officer of the law so it is his word against mine. He said the light changed to red when I was under it! I said "so did you run a red light to chase me down?" give me a break ass hole. I can't wait to see his face where I work and nine times out of ten I will! What goes around comes around.
Law abiding citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Feb 22, 2012
Sorry, wigged- "with lights" typo
NOT ALL

Beckley, WV

#6 Feb 22, 2012
Well you seem to be the closed minded racist one..... Reading your post just proves it. But I would be willing to bet that the first time you need help, you WILL call 911 and ask for the police.
NOT ALL

Beckley, WV

#7 Feb 22, 2012
Last comment was for Big Shot Bob.

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2012
NOT ALL wrote:
Last comment was for Big Shot Bob.
I will help you out a little. Please don't argue with BSB as he will just embarrass you very much. Jump on the BSB Bandwagon if you wish but tread lightly.
Appreciative

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2012
One thing I have learned from reading posts on topix is law enforcement can never win with the citizens of Raleigh County. Everyone likes to complain about getting pulled over for speeding, running a red light, or other traffic violation saying they should be out arresting the criminals instead of picking on working citizens. BUT when someone passes you driving fast, or almost hits you because they are running a red light, or cuts you off in traffic, you are the first one to say “where is a cop when you need one.” So you lose faith in law enforcement when you get pulled over for a traffic violation, and you lose faith when you see a traffic violation happen that goes un punished. Is there anything that will give you faith in law enforcement? Of course not, most people bitch either way. There are a very few that appreciate what law enforcement does for citizens and their family’s. Just think of how things would be if all the officers decided to quit one day. Like it or not, these officers that everyone likes to complain about keeps you and your family safe by risking their lives each day. They risk their lives for YOU, the same person that gets on here and talks crap about them. Granted there are the few officers that have control issues, but the majority are good people. Every profession has a few workers that give it a bad reputation, but that does not give anyone the right to stereotype the whole by what a few does. And in closing, I believe Big Shot Bob has proven who the ignorant racist person is by his posts.
Law abiding citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Feb 22, 2012
Last time I checked it was perfectly legal to drive through a yellow light. It's all good. I'll not simply call and pay my fine, I will show up for my "hearing" and it will be his word against mine. And when he comes to my place of employment, I will return the favor ;^)
build a dayum bridge

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2012
Thts all i have to say thanks!!!
Lawyer up

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2012
It is perfectly legal to drive through a yellow light, as long as your vehicle is COMPLETELY out of the intersection before the light turns red. If any part of your vehicle is in the intersection when the light changes to red, you have just ran a red light. People trying to beat a yellow light causes a lot of vehicle crashes, I'm glad you got pulled over for it. Go ahead and show up for your hearing, you will lose that battle...and still have to pay the fine. Usually your word against an officers does not go well for you.

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 22, 2012
Lawyer up wrote:
It is perfectly legal to drive through a yellow light, as long as your vehicle is COMPLETELY out of the intersection before the light turns red. If any part of your vehicle is in the intersection when the light changes to red, you have just ran a red light. People trying to beat a yellow light causes a lot of vehicle crashes, I'm glad you got pulled over for it. Go ahead and show up for your hearing, you will lose that battle...and still have to pay the fine. Usually your word against an officers does not go well for you.
Yes and that is BS in and of it self. The court will always side with officer. That gives Beckley's finest free reign. All police need to be held accountable for their actions.

There should be no ticket issued if your vehicle enters the intersection while the light is yellow. Camera lights are also a BS idea and should be banned across the USA.

Give it a rest Barney.
Law abiding citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Feb 22, 2012
I did not run a red light. Like I said, the light was green when my hubby, who was in front if me, went through. I was right behind him. The light does not go from green to yellow to red within 2 passing cars! And I was not speeding or else I'd have a citation for that as well. But I suppose he endangered no one when HE ran the red light and your ok with that. And I'll take my chances with the magistrate, I've NEVER been cited for a moving violation. So, be glad that I got a ticket. I'm glad that I'm in a position to bring karma around for him.
Lawyer up wrote:
It is perfectly legal to drive through a yellow light, as long as your vehicle is COMPLETELY out of the intersection before the light turns red. If any part of your vehicle is in the intersection when the light changes to red, you have just ran a red light. People trying to beat a yellow light causes a lot of vehicle crashes, I'm glad you got pulled over for it. Go ahead and show up for your hearing, you will lose that battle...and still have to pay the fine. Usually your word against an officers does not go well for you.
the know

Jersey City, NJ

#15 Feb 22, 2012
Law abiding citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I did not run a red light. Like I said, the light was green when my hubby, who was in front if me, went through. I was right behind him. The light does not go from green to yellow to red within 2 passing cars! And I was not speeding or else I'd have a citation for that as well. But I suppose he endangered no one when HE ran the red light and your ok with that. And I'll take my chances with the magistrate, I've NEVER been cited for a moving violation. So, be glad that I got a ticket. I'm glad that I'm in a position to bring karma around for him.
So it's bad for the police to " harass the public " and " abuse there power ". Yet you yourself have stated numerous times in your post " I'm glad I'm in a position to get him back. I'll see his face again. What goes around comes around ". Sounds to me like your the one abusing your power and harassing people.

Listen, whether you did run a red light or not, as a US citizen you have rights. Right to a speedy and fair trial, right to consult an attorney, right to plead not guilty. Go to the court and plead not guilty and request a trial. Ask the judge if there is dashcam footage or the like. Stand your ground and fight. Or shut the **** up.
Law abiding citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Feb 22, 2012
I won't shut the Fu#* up! That's what this forum is for a*s hole! And I never said I planned to abuse my "power", but he will remember me and wish he were not such a pretentious prick!
Fred

United States

#17 Feb 22, 2012
Law abiding citizen wrote:
I did not run a red light. Like I said, the light was green when my hubby, who was in front if me, went through. I was right behind him. The light does not go from green to yellow to red within 2 passing cars! And I was not speeding or else I'd have a citation for that as well. But I suppose he endangered no one when HE ran the red light and your ok with that. And I'll take my chances with the magistrate, I've NEVER been cited for a moving violation. So, be glad that I got a ticket. I'm glad that I'm in a position to bring karma around for him.
<quoted text>
You ran it or you would not have gotten the ticket. Don't forget the in car camera. Just think of all the violations you have committed and didn't get charged with. He has the right to run the light as long as he exercised due care. I'll go ahead and call and get your court costs and fine figured for you. Have a nice life. BAHAHAHA
Law abiding citizen

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 22, 2012
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
You ran it or you would not have gotten the ticket. Don't forget the in car camera. Just think of all the violations you have committed and didn't get charged with. He has the right to run the light as long as he exercised due care. I'll go ahead and call and get your court costs and fine figured for you. Have a nice life. BAHAHAHA
I'm banking on the in car cam! I know I didn't run it and so does he. Like I said, no light turns green, yellow then red within the passing of 2 cars. Keep being a prick like the little badger, bothers me not. The fine really doesn't bother me either, the fact that he's a liar pisses me off. But, he's a cop so there ya go!
the know

Beckley, WV

#19 Feb 22, 2012
Law abiding citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm banking on the in car cam! I know I didn't run it and so does he. Like I said, no light turns green, yellow then red within the passing of 2 cars. Keep being a prick like the little badger, bothers me not. The fine really doesn't bother me either, the fact that he's a liar pisses me off. But, he's a cop so there ya go!
You yourself stated that when you went under the light it was YELLOW. Have fun telling the judge that!
You: when I came through it was yellow
Prosecutor: yellow right?
You: right yellow
Prosecutor: not green?
You: nope yellow
Prosecutor: your honor based upon the offenders admittance that when she entered the intersection the light was already yellow, not green, and the camera footage and the officers testimony and the fact that lights change from yellow to red not green to red - I ask you find her guilty.
You: but...but...
Judge: Maam based upon your statements, the officers, and the camera footage and the simple fact that a light does change from yellow to red I find you guilty.
Bahahahahahaha!!!!!
Level 4

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 22, 2012
Big Shot Bob wrote:
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com /dailyweekly/20...
Cops stop two men for doing nothing. Kick them and arrest them. Cops are caught on tape saying they will "make stuff up" including felony robbery charges. The two men are taken to jail for assault, then let go when nobody wants to press charges.
Of course the police say there's nothing wrong with telling citizens that they will "make up" felonies if they don't admit to crimes they didn't commit.
Good grief, somebody needs to put a leash on these assclowns
Doesnt EVERY Criminal say they were doing nothing ?

And after long hours of arresting and re-arresting people and watching the system set them free...I am sure a few cops ( being human ) lose it once and while when they come across people who simply want to argue and instead of following simple directions...

I know when I go out and have to deal with people who can not drive and or they are texting and or playing with someone while driving...I would like to stop and kick them a few times myself....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messing around 27 min Josh 2
Cheating advice 51 min Josh 19
Helicopter Increase Presence 1 hr Lineman 9
RGH Surgical Care Management Worst in the US. (Oct '15) 2 hr Hi Tolls 18
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr RSM 4,245
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 4 hr Had Enough 33
I need a dentist who isnt too expensive, (May '12) 9 hr Lol 18

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages