(Obama) 2016 The Movie -Coming to a Theater Near You

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jul 15, 2012
Opened in Houston July 13. For general release July 27.

About 2016: Obama’s America

The introduction to the movie trailer reads: 2016 Obama's America takes audiences on a gripping visual journey into the heart of the world’s most powerful office to reveal the struggle of whether one man's past will redefine America over the next four years. The film examines the question, "If Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?"
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Jul 15, 2012
The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America’s empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.

Emotionally engaging, 2016 Obama’s America will make you confounded and cheer as you discover the mysteries and answers to your greatest aspirations and worst fears.

Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Jul 15, 2012
The movie that's freaking out Obama's PAC

This is the movie by Dinesh D'Souza that the Obama P.A.C. was trying to obtain an injunction to stop before you could see it.

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#4 Jul 15, 2012
The movie is based on Dinesh D'Souza's book "The Roots of Obama's Rage". Here is a link to the ultraconservative Weekly Standard's review:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/roots-...

WE NEED TO FEAR OBAMA BECAUSE HE IS AN ANTICOLONIALIST!?!

LOL!!! Goodness ... we do need Jane Austen in 2012.
capitalist pig

Welch, WV

#5 Jul 16, 2012
Natalie_ wrote:
The movie is based on Dinesh D'Souza's book "The Roots of Obama's Rage". Here is a link to the ultraconservative Weekly Standard's review:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/roots-...
WE NEED TO FEAR OBAMA BECAUSE HE IS AN ANTICOLONIALIST!?!
LOL!!! Goodness ... we do need Jane Austen in 2012.
Actually the book is well researched and gives an interesting point of view. It is just that a point of view. I personally think the book gives some insight into Obama's point of view, attitudes and actions. For example his sending back to England the bust of Winston Churchhill. It is not going to change anyone's opinion of Obama. Are you offering an opinion on a book that you have not read. DSousa is a conservative, but he is not a hater and I dont think the book is a hit peice on Obama at all, it just attempts to explain some of his actions and attitudes. For liberals, at least he doesnt call him a marxist.

The movie should be called Nightmare on Pennslyvania Avenue

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 16, 2012
The Churchill bust was a loaner from Tony Blair..not a gift to the White House...Obama put a bust of Lincoln in its place.

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#7 Jul 16, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the book is well researched and gives an interesting point of view. It is just that a point of view. I personally think the book gives some insight into Obama's point of view, attitudes and actions. For example his sending back to England the bust of Winston Churchhill. It is not going to change anyone's opinion of Obama. Are you offering an opinion on a book that you have not read. DSousa is a conservative, but he is not a hater and I dont think the book is a hit peice on Obama at all, it just attempts to explain some of his actions and attitudes. For liberals, at least he doesnt call him a marxist.
The movie should be called Nightmare on Pennslyvania Avenue
From your statement above, it is "a point of view about a point of view" ... therefore, it is really just speculation. With much of that speculation being based on Obama's autobiography--making the leap that he is fulfilling his father's anticolonialist dreams.

I didn't "offer an opinion on a book that I have not read"--I offered The Weekly Standard's opinion. Did you not comprehend?

If the ultraconservative Weekly Standard gave it a thumb's down, why in the world would I waste my time and money reading it?
Bill-y

Moundsville, WV

#8 Jul 16, 2012
Read Adam Smith's "Theory of the Moral Sentiments" instead. Kinda/sorta explains why people are sheep.

Billy
capitalist pig

Welch, WV

#9 Jul 16, 2012
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
From your statement above, it is "a point of view about a point of view" ... therefore, it is really just speculation. With much of that speculation being based on Obama's autobiography--making the leap that he is fulfilling his father's anticolonialist dreams.
I didn't "offer an opinion on a book that I have not read"--I offered The Weekly Standard's opinion. Did you not comprehend?
If the ultraconservative Weekly Standard gave it a thumb's down, why in the world would I waste my time and money reading it?
Yes, I comprhend very well. I was basing my statement about your opinion of the book on your all caps statement about Obama being and anticolonist. You smart ass comments really dont impress me. By saying that you would not waste your time or money reading the book, that is an opionion.

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#10 Jul 16, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I comprhend very well. I was basing my statement about your opinion of the book on your all caps statement about Obama being and anticolonist. You smart ass comments really dont impress me. By saying that you would not waste your time or money reading the book, that is an opionion.
"By saying that you would not waste your time or money reading the book, that is an opinion"--No ... it's a fact.

Level 5

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#11 Jul 16, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America’s empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.
Emotionally engaging, 2016 Obama’s America will make you confounded and cheer as you discover the mysteries and answers to your greatest aspirations and worst fears.
Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.
I'm waiting on the Romney campaign to start demanding the ayatollah in chief's SEALED records that he, and the DNC, spent millions to have sealed. What is HE hiding that would affect his farce of a presidency and his run for a second term. Don't we, as Americans, have a right to know WHO is running this country?
capitalist pig

Bluefield, WV

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
The Churchill bust was a loaner from Tony Blair..not a gift to the White House...Obama put a bust of Lincoln in its place.
Are you really that clueless? The British, our closest ally were offended. Actually that question was rhetorical.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#13 Jul 16, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that clueless? The British, our closest ally were offended. Actually that question was rhetorical.
No, they were not offended....that's just rightwing speak. I repeat, it was not a gift but a loan from Tony Blair to George Bush. Obama has the right to decorate his office as he chooses. What should they have done with the bust...put it in storage? Last I heard we don't have a Great Britain room in the White House.

Abe Lincoln was a very fitting replacement. American heroes for the American White House.
Judith

Odessa, TX

#14 Jul 18, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not offended....that's just rightwing speak. I repeat, it was not a gift but a loan from Tony Blair to George Bush. Obama has the right to decorate his office as he chooses. What should they have done with the bust...put it in storage? Last I heard we don't have a Great Britain room in the White House.
Abe Lincoln was a very fitting replacement. American heroes for the American White House.
Actually, it is a matter of class. Obama has none.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 18, 2012
Oh, I guess you would rather have as president someone who hides his money in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands and refuses to release his tax returns so the American people can get a true picture of the man who would be president.

"Why would the scion of a political family who always wanted to be president tangle himself in a cat’s cradle of tax trickery in the first place?

Romney contended that he had “no role” at Bain after 1999 when some of its companies went bankrupt, shipped jobs overseas and fired workers. He remained the firm’s chairman of the board, C.E.O., president and only stockholder until 2002. Other than that, he had nothing to do with the place.

Aside from his time running the Salt Lake City Olympics, which he’s happy to publicize, Romney’s whole life, from his $250 million fortune to his tenure at the cultish Bain to his Mormonism, seems as though it’s secreted in a hidden shelter."
Maureen Dowd, NY Times

Is that class to you? You wouldn't know class if it hit you in the face.

Level 5

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#16 Jul 18, 2012
I personally don't give a fat rat's behind WHERE he keeps his money. I'm concerned WHERE this jerk wad is keeping OUR money. You know that mesely 16 TRILLION he keeps adding to. I, along with other sane,rational people want to know what's in those papers on oweblamers past he had sealed from us. THAT's way more important than a man who made lots of money (LEGALLY).

There is none so blind than those who refuse to see.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Jul 18, 2012
Are you talking about Obama's highschool grades? Obama wouldn't have gotten into Harvard had he not had decent grades...and he certainly wouldn't have been selected editor of the Harvard Law Review had he not been an outstanding student...in addition, I know he's a lot more normal, and more American, than Mitt Romney. That's all I need to know.

But you are correct, there are none so blind as though who will not see! LOL
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#18 Jul 18, 2012
Judith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is a matter of class. Obama has none.
Thank You.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#19 Jul 18, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
Are you talking about Obama's highschool grades? Obama wouldn't have gotten into Harvard had he not had decent grades...and he certainly wouldn't have been selected editor of the Harvard Law Review had he not been an outstanding student...in addition, I know he's a lot more normal, and more American, than Mitt Romney. That's all I need to know.
But you are correct, there are none so blind as though who will not see! LOL
What part of he was not a good student, by his own admission do you not understand. How did he get to transfer from Occidental College to Columbia. Very few students ever get to transfer in to an Ivy League School. Someone, somewhere with some clout opened some doors for Obama. That is why he will not release any college records. BTW, your class envy is showing again.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 18, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of he was not a good student, by his own admission do you not understand. How did he get to transfer from Occidental College to Columbia. Very few students ever get to transfer in to an Ivy League School. Someone, somewhere with some clout opened some doors for Obama. That is why he will not release any college records. BTW, your class envy is showing again.
According to David Maraniss, Obama was a B+ student at Occidental, applied to Columbia after his second year and was accepted. There is no mention of pressure or favors being called in....who would have helped him anyway...he had no influential friends at that time. I'm still reading about the Columbia years so don't know what his grades were there but they must have been OK for him to get into Harvard. Harvard doesn't take just anybody. As one of Obama's Columbia classmates said "as long as there were white students who performed less well than he did no one could tell him he didn't belong at Columbia because of affirmative action".

I believe that SOMEBODY'S envy is showing but it's not mine...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the WIGGER Female at Kroger Harper Rd 2 hr Neighbors 8
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 2 hr Neighbors 673
last post wins! (Sep '11) 4 hr mr goodwrench 5,508
People Who Have Applied At Olive Garden.. (Sep '12) 4 hr Doug 22
pais (Mar '12) 4 hr haha 18
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 4 hr haha 15
Are junk yards open memorial day???? (May '14) 4 hr Kat 3
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]