needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#1 Jun 9, 2012
Hello I need some advice. I have a relative who has a dependency on prescription pills. He has came to us for help to kick this habit but we have no idea where to take him to start. I know there are clinics in the beckley area but again i have no clue where to call or look.
any advice is appreciated
ENTERTAINMENT

Tarboro, NC

#2 Jun 9, 2012
First let them go into detox, follow some home remedies or something that will take the edge off of withdraw but be careful it all depends how long they have been doing it and what they have been doing. Many cant stop with out some other form of narcotic medication then in the long run it doesn't help all it does is move them onto something for a while or a worse habit. Thats why I say to do it the ol fashioned way use some home remedies.
help

Portage, MI

#3 Jun 9, 2012
needingadvice wrote:
Hello I need some advice. I have a relative who has a dependency on prescription pills. He has came to us for help to kick this habit but we have no idea where to take him to start. I know there are clinics in the beckley area but again i have no clue where to call or look.
any advice is appreciated
Don't give up on him no matter what....check into a suboxone clinic like at Dr Loves office, Dr. Hasan, or Dr. Jafary.....its almost impossible to quit cold Turkey and can b dangerous (seizures etc)..
sfsl

United States

#4 Jun 9, 2012
The best detox meds is phenagren for stomach, vistirl for sleeping and leg cramps and kloninpon, its how I got off of pills do this for 2 weeks
needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jun 9, 2012
Thank you all for the advice. We do not plan to give up because we know it is possible to kick this habit with enough willpower
Personalexperian ce

Rocky Mount, NC

#6 Jun 9, 2012
I was on oxy for 10 years, I was prescribed by a irresponsible dr at a VERY young age, it got the best of me, I finally decided that I just got sick & tired of being sick & tired. Its the worst thing Ive ever been through in my life, and honestly I would rather go through child labor for a few hours. Its not just a physical addiction, it is a big physiological addiction too. And its worse if you have problems, actual pain too. Do NOT have him go to the methedone clinic its just another high and harder to come off of. Suboxone is a very good thing, but its hard to get into the clinic. Nothing will make it better for him to get off of it. He will just have to mentally get to the point that he is ready to be done. The most common thing to get off pills other than going to the clinic is marijuana. yes its illegal and everything, but some people use it. I did it cold turkey, and yes phenigrin helps you sleep more than anything, its impossible to sleep while your withdrawing so that would be something good to help. He should try to ween himself down little by little if he cant do it cold turkey. And he doesnt need to be alone while he is coming off of it, bc he will just get so sick that he will want a pill to make it all go away
stan

Beckley, WV

#7 Jun 10, 2012
Dr Rana covington va suboxone program there's no wait but only takes patients on Monday 9am to 4 pm very good Dr and very strict only 1hr 15 min from beckley good luck
needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#8 Jun 10, 2012
stan wrote:
Dr Rana covington va suboxone program there's no wait but only takes patients on Monday 9am to 4 pm very good Dr and very strict only 1hr 15 min from beckley good luck
Where in va is this office located?
needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#9 Jun 10, 2012
stan wrote:
Ok i see now...sorry about that. Trying to find him a place that will not make him wait a long time
stan

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2012
His number is on the internet call in the morn about 9 and let them know u are coming and he will be seen tom cause mondays are the only days he sees patience it is 250$ for the first visit after that it is 125 every other week which is a lot cheaper than any where around here with no waiting list
needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#11 Jun 10, 2012
stan wrote:
His number is on the internet call in the morn about 9 and let them know u are coming and he will be seen tom cause mondays are the only days he sees patience it is 250$ for the first visit after that it is 125 every other week which is a lot cheaper than any where around here with no waiting list
Do they not accept insurance?
Roger

Beckley, WV

#12 Jun 10, 2012
needingadvice wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in va is this office located?
he is an excellent doctor. his clinc's address is 110 interstate drive. first exit off covington. nice and private office but i think they only take cash, but it is ALOT cheaper than some other local doctors.
needingadvice

Bluefield, WV

#13 Jun 11, 2012
I have been noticing alot of places local are not accepting new patients or have a waiting list.
which is bad for someone wanting immediate help
Anonymous

Sutton, WV

#14 Jun 11, 2012
Brians Safehouse is a christian based rehab center in Beckley. It is a year long program but very effective. They live on premises and are now even building housing for an after treatment program to help with the transition back into the world. Founders son died of a precription pill overdose and he is very dedicated in helping as many people as he can. His name is Leon Brush. You can find info on internet just google brians safehouse beckley wv. Changed my brother in laws life!
Fast pitchn

Beckley, WV

#15 Jun 13, 2012
From experience I tried the suboxone and methadone it does work but your replacing one drug for another. So please do not go this route. If you cant do it without a crutch try naltrexone, it is a nonnarcotic and does the same effect as suboxone. I went to a dr and asked to be helped detoxed, the medically detoxed me in 4 days. I still went thru wd but it wasn't as bad. I've been clean for over 2 years. What has helped me this time around is making sobriety my priority and going to meetings. Don't give up!
Bailey

United States

#16 Jun 13, 2012
I currently have a very close friend in the suboxone clinic it truly works AWESOME. it is replacing one drug w another. But the Dr takes you down & until you're clean. They don't need to attempt detox or anything on their own beforehand, but wait times to get into suboxone clinics can be very long unless you know the dr. I agree that Brians Safehouse is an AMAZING rehab facility,(have met & know many workers there & people who have graduated from their rehab.) However, w there or any rehab facility, the addict must detox themselves first. I 100% understand not wanting a long wait to get a loved one clean, so I would recommend calling suboxone clinics & seeing where has the shortest wait time. Also, it's a huge battle, not only physically from the addiction, but also mentally from the lifestyle. It can almost be harder than the initial getting clean. Remember to stay strong for your family & don't get discouraged! Good luck finding somewhere! & hope they get clean soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Narcissist neighbors 3 min Donald J Biglybus... 7
Valley College ACICS 1 hr Regional 6
Wished she was mine. Help 4 hr Larry j 43
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr Native 3,993
Demonic activity reported at Trump rally 4 hr Vitirbrun 29
Child support past 18 (May '13) 4 hr Sick of It 31
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 5 hr Jon_B 7,023

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance