|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Go getter wrote:
ANyone know of ANY coalmines hiring?
Thousands of miners are asking the same question. Unfortunately Obama's war on coal is hitting home with the WV mining community. My advice is to try a contract company such as Lightning, Oasis or Mountain Edge. They don't pay very well and their benefits aren't much but at least they will help you get your foot in the door somewhere. Good luck in your search!

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Best of luck in your search, however I would offer the suggestion of turning this lack of available jobs in mines as an opportunity to diversify your work portfolio with relatable skills. It never hurts to expand your versatility, but it can hurt to only be employable in one field.

Also, WV is no longer the coal capital it once was. If your determined to stick with coal it might require you to move to where the work is. Right now your seeing more opportunities out west than in West Virginia. Wyoming, North Dakota, Colorado, etc. Unfortunately you have to go where the work is.

Again best of luck to you.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Anon77 wrote: "Unfortunately Obama's war on coal is hitting home with the WV mining community."

What about natural gas's war on coal?
Go getter

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !!!
coaler

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Go getter wrote:
Several just got canned because they couldn't pass a drug test down at the mines in deep water near Montgomery. Can't think if the name of it though. You might get one of those positions if you can pass a drug test.
coaler

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Go getter wrote:
I think it's called Walter energy, I think lol. But you might start there. It's 32 miles from Beckley. Good luck!
BoBo

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

coaler wrote:
<quoted text>
Several just got canned because they couldn't pass a drug test down at the mines in deep water near Montgomery. Can't think if the name of it though. You might get one of those positions if you can pass a drug test.
I know a LOT of miners would get canned if they actually did the drug testing like they should at all of the local mines!
please

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Speed just had a job fair yesterday. Here are a few more. http://www.indeed.com/jobs... that should help
Gogetter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Thanks for the help guys I will go any an everywhere untill I find something! But yes I can pass a drug test I Am drug an alcohol free!
IDK

Crawley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

This isn't true. A few months ago, a few were fired for failing their drug tests but they it was after that when the mine revamped their schedules and laid off more than 20 people due to production and sales. It's Maple Coal Company, Walter Energy. They are accepting applications and resumes but they aren't on a hiring spree right now.
coaler wrote:
<quoted text>
IDK

Crawley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

I'm sorry, I mistyped. First, the word "they" shouldn't be after the word "but". Second, they laid off more than 50 people.
Go getter

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Once again thanks everyone I have sent out several resumes just hoping to hear from somebody!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min liar George 43,984
Darlene dumpit 14 min does anyone 1
Bundy vs United States Government 38 min Lesson Learned 264
How can you tell a Democrat from a Republican? 59 min wvu 27
Natural Gas worse than coal ? 1 hr grounded 30
name all methheads you know in beckley 1 hr truth 23
Chris Preston 1 hr lmfao 4
Was there a shooting at Morgans last night? 7 hr I wonder 34
fat people 9 hr aka 78
•••
•••
•••
Beckley Dating