All i can tell you about Suddenlink phone service is dont get it. " It sucks "
mystery

Beckley, WV

#23 Apr 10, 2009
I am very pleased with the service.
I like it

Beckley, WV

#24 Apr 11, 2009
I have had the service since it first became available and have had NO problems with it at all. Recently they added a feature that has the caller ID number show up on the bottom of your TV screen if the TV is on and that is neat and easier to see than the one on the phone. as for sound quality, I can tell no difference than it had ever been with the other land line phone services in the area.

“Pickin and grinnin”

Since: Mar 09

Hazard County

#25 Apr 11, 2009
The caller id on the screen is a great new feature. I've never had a problem with the price and quality of their service so far.
wondering

Lubbock, TX

#26 Apr 11, 2009
I would like to know what everyone is paying for the phone service after their special is over.
I like it

Beckley, WV

#27 Apr 12, 2009
I think I am still paying 39.99 a month because they take off 10.00 a month for having cable, internet, and phone together. with that you get all the long distance calls you want and no extra charges...plus caller ID and call waiting and call forward. With free long distance it would be a bargain even without the 10.00 they subtract every month.
wondering

Beckley, WV

#28 Apr 12, 2009
Not that I'm trying to sell something else. I have packet8. For $29.08 I get caller ID caller ID waiting, voice mail. Call forward. Since it is not the cable company box I can take my box anywhere as long I have a ethernet hookup and use it there. Voice mail to email. I can choose to block my info for outgoing calls, also can change the name displayed on the CID but takes about 7 days to show up on other cid units. I can block specific numbers from dailing out. Also have a block call number, for these if you are on the list it just goes to voice mail. If they don't leave a message then you never knew they try to call you.

Now the down side to it is that if I'm doing something on the internet like pcanywhere or downloading something the phone quality is rough. I tend to see this when school lets out for kids. But most time it is no better then the 1st generation of the digital cell phones. Oh, also faxing will not work.

Since: Sep 08

Beckley, WV

#29 Apr 12, 2009
Let me tell you all, it is awful !! I lose phone service all the time while on the phone. I have to reset it and then call to have it fixed. it goes out all the time. We switched from Verizon,
hoping to save money and the suddenlink internet was suppose to be better. Well you get what you pay for. The internet is nowhere near as fast as Verizon, I absolutely hate it !!! I switched from Verizon because I cannot stand calling Verizon Customer Service when there was a problem.
The amount of money averages out to be the same, well Verizon is actually cheaper. It will not save you enough money to make up for not having the phone or internet most of the time, you are not credited the time you are without service. think long and hard before you switch !!
I like it

Beckley, WV

#30 Apr 13, 2009
confusedinwv wrote:
Let me tell you all, it is awful !! I lose phone service all the time while on the phone. I have to reset it and then call to have it fixed. it goes out all the time. We switched from Verizon,
hoping to save money and the suddenlink internet was suppose to be better. Well you get what you pay for. The internet is nowhere near as fast as Verizon, I absolutely hate it !!! I switched from Verizon because I cannot stand calling Verizon Customer Service when there was a problem.
The amount of money averages out to be the same, well Verizon is actually cheaper. It will not save you enough money to make up for not having the phone or internet most of the time, you are not credited the time you are without service. think long and hard before you switch !!
I am sorry to hear you have had so many problems but honestly, the only time I had any kind of problems was a brief period when my power went out because of a downed power pole. As far as the internet, I have not had any problems with that either...

Since: Apr 09

Mount Hope, WV

#31 Apr 13, 2009
I like my suddenlink, can't complain one bit. I mean ya got it all in one bill. And the way my mind goes keeping up with one is better than keeping up with 3. lol

“......Country Girl......”

Since: Nov 08

Pine Grove, WV

#32 Apr 13, 2009
confusedinwv wrote:
I had an issue with my phone doing this a few times a week and called them to have it fixed. They were very helpful and immediately sent someone out to fix it. I didn't like having an issue with my phone service but I was so happy to have it fixed in a very timely manner. They even gave us a free on demand movie to comp for our time.:)

“Pickin and grinnin”

Since: Mar 09

Hazard County

#33 Apr 13, 2009
wondering wrote:
I would like to know what everyone is paying for the phone service after their special is over.
I pay 20 dollars a month for the phone service.
Bowhunt

Beckley, WV

#34 May 5, 2009
I have Suddenlink phone service and i think it sucks.They been here three times to repair it. You can be talking and get cut off and there times when you cant even called or get a called.
Rod

Tarboro, NC

#35 May 10, 2009
If you can get all your find to switch to Skype you can make all your calls free. I use a company called Teleblend and they are way cheaper than SL and you can keep your existing number. If you want to save money on movie channels go with Netflix it is great. Watch what you want when you want it not when HBO wants you to watch it. 2 movies at a time is $12 and you can watch a movie everyday and they have thousands of movies steaming when you subscribe.
bowhunt

Beckley, WV

#36 May 22, 2009
Every one on here saying suddenlink phone service is great.Where you get your suddenlink phone at ????? Wish you would trade me because mind sucks.
dick almighty

Beckley, WV

#37 May 22, 2009
There are many other internet phone service that are about 12 -15 dollars a month.Suddenlink is really high and you can get the same stuff though someone else for alot less.
no name

Elkins, WV

#38 May 23, 2009
buy the magic jack it works great
SadSam

Mount Hope, WV

#39 May 24, 2009
If suddenstink doesn't quit with these annoying commericals I am going to direct TV and Verizon internet service. JC are they driving me nuts. I wouldn't get their phone service if it were free right now I hatr them so much.
Suddenlink sux

Beckley, WV

#40 May 24, 2009
I have several family members that have suddenlink and they do good to get a dialtone 3 days outta the week if they are lucky! There service is horrible that's why it's so cheap, you get what you pay for and can access there service through phone about 3 days a week so your paying for that kinda service! Take it from the horses mouth, or learn the hard way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Cares 13 min Lesson Learned 231
Flirting Men 22 min Adam 24
Place 2 stay in a good hood 33 min Juwade 1
Chris Ward 49 min Stines 2
Drugs on Stanaford hoist rd 2 hr and 40
Ulta - please stop hiring employees who don't k... 2 hr Get it together 4
Review: Bays Services 4 hr pissedresedent 1
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE