Suddenlink Phone Service

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Beetlejuice

Greenville, NC

#1 Feb 11, 2009
Does anyone here use Suddenlink phone service? Are you happy with it? Have any complaints? Im thinking of switching to save some money, but I want to hear from other people who have it first.

“......Country Girl......”

Since: Nov 08

Pine Grove, WV

#2 Feb 11, 2009
We have a complete bundle pack with phone, internet, and cable. The bill is a lot cheaper than what just internet and cable was in Morgantown with another service and I think the quality is a million times better. Also if I ever have a problem they are always more than happy to help me.
Glade Lady

Tyler, TX

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Beetlejuice wrote:
Does anyone here use Suddenlink phone service? Are you happy with it? Have any complaints? Im thinking of switching to save some money, but I want to hear from other people who have it first.
The Suddenlink
package with all 3 services is great. It is very
economical. I have been very pleased with SL and
have been with them for a couple of years. They
always have courteous and knowledgable technicians
at their 800 # to help you with anything. Go with
the service to bundle everything andyou won't be
sorry. You will be pleasantly surprised at the
amount of money that you will save.
mom of 2

Greenville, NC

#4 Feb 11, 2009
i have my services bundled also, and i love it.
steven st - WHITE OAK

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2009
WE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT SERVICE. THE NEIGHBORS HAVE IT,AND WE COULD ACTUALLY THROW A ROCK AND HIT THE LINE IT IS SO CLOSE. BUT THERE ARE 5 HOUSES PAST IT ALL IN VEIW OF THE LINE, AND THEY SAID NO, SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LINE TO GET IT. YET, THE ROAD WERE IT SPLITS HAS NO HOMES AND IS APPROX THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL FIELD, HAS A LINE RAN UP IT JUST TO HOOK UP THE OTHER STREET, WHICH IS SO CLOSE WE CAN LOOK RIGHT INTO THE NEIGHBORS YARDS,(WAVING DISTANCE). So, MY NEIGHBORS 3 HOUSES DOWN GET CABLE WHILE THE OTHER 5 OF US, AND WE ARE AT THE DEAD END OF THE STREET HAVE SATELLITE. THANKS!

Pine Grove, WV

#6 Feb 11, 2009
steven st - WHITE OAK wrote:
WE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT SERVICE. THE NEIGHBORS HAVE IT,AND WE COULD ACTUALLY THROW A ROCK AND HIT THE LINE IT IS SO CLOSE. BUT THERE ARE 5 HOUSES PAST IT ALL IN VEIW OF THE LINE, AND THEY SAID NO, SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LINE TO GET IT. YET, THE ROAD WERE IT SPLITS HAS NO HOMES AND IS APPROX THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL FIELD, HAS A LINE RAN UP IT JUST TO HOOK UP THE OTHER STREET, WHICH IS SO CLOSE WE CAN LOOK RIGHT INTO THE NEIGHBORS YARDS,(WAVING DISTANCE). So, MY NEIGHBORS 3 HOUSES DOWN GET CABLE WHILE THE OTHER 5 OF US, AND WE ARE AT THE DEAD END OF THE STREET HAVE SATELLITE. THANKS!
BooHoo. I know of a street within town limits that couldn't get cable until they paid the company for the extra line so guess what, instead of trash talking the company all the residents on the street agreed to go together and pay for the extra line. Trust me there were more than five houses on this street too.
So if you want service, pay for it; if you aren't willing to pay then why put the company down?
steven st - WHITE OAK

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2009
TRASH TALKING? YOU ARE ON EVERY FORUM GIVING YOUR OPINION ON EVERYTHING,EXCEPT ITS EITHER IN A NEG WAY OR MAKING NO SENSE AT ALL. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A FRIENDS STREET, IM TALKING ABOUT MINE. THIS ISNT SOMETHING YOU ARE EXPERIENCING. SO AS FAR AS THE TRASH TALKING, I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED THAT, I STATED A FACT, IT REALLY ISNT YR BUSINESS UNLESS IT AFFECTED WHERE YOU LIVE. ARE YOU LIVING IN WHITE OAK? OR ARE YOU JUST BUTTING INTO ANOTHER TOWN FORUM?

Pine Grove, WV

#8 Feb 11, 2009
steven st - WHITE OAK wrote:
TRASH TALKING? YOU ARE ON EVERY FORUM GIVING YOUR OPINION ON EVERYTHING,EXCEPT ITS EITHER IN A NEG WAY OR MAKING NO SENSE AT ALL. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A FRIENDS STREET, IM TALKING ABOUT MINE. THIS ISNT SOMETHING YOU ARE EXPERIENCING. SO AS FAR AS THE TRASH TALKING, I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED THAT, I STATED A FACT, IT REALLY ISNT YR BUSINESS UNLESS IT AFFECTED WHERE YOU LIVE. ARE YOU LIVING IN WHITE OAK? OR ARE YOU JUST BUTTING INTO ANOTHER TOWN FORUM?
It was the street I grew up on as a kid and my mom still lives there. As for being in every fourm; I participate in the ones that I currently live in, have lived in, or do business in. Those factors make these areas my community and surrounding.
P.S. Typing in all caps is not proper "netiquette".
Taking the time

Greenville, NC

#9 Feb 12, 2009
I have the bundled package, saved myself money with the phone service and it is great to make one payment instead, a phone bill, cable bill, etc.
I have not had any problem whatsoever!
Level 3

Waynesboro, VA

#10 Feb 12, 2009
I am NOT really mad about anything at all I just like coming on here screaming from time to time AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH man I am MA.......
Not mad man I am pretty much even kiehl right now EWWWWWWWWW man oh and Suddenlink has awesome service
Level 3

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Feb 12, 2009
my wife and I had to pay for the extra line to get to our property was $8,600 but it was worth every penny

Since: Jan 09

Charleston, WV

#12 Feb 12, 2009
The main drawback of using a service like suddenlink for phone service is the potential for outages. If your internet goes out, you have no phone service.

Last evening my internet was out all evening due to the high winds. Had I been using suddenlink I would have had no phone service.(aside from cell phone)
Level 3

Waynesboro, VA

#13 Feb 12, 2009
that is where our $168,000 wind shield barrier we built around our entire home comes into play Suddenlink suggested this once we were finished building our line to our home and asked them questions about possible hurricane like scenerios
Level 3

Waynesboro, VA

#14 Feb 12, 2009
we have a 9,000 cable line ran to a 1961 1 Br mobile home surrounded by a 168,000 Wind barrier
With our BMW sportster and our escalade parked out front........ Typical WV Thinking

Pine Grove, WV

#15 Feb 12, 2009
Jaymae, you crack me up. I can be having a horrible day and your posts can make me smile. Thank you for making my day a little brighter. :)
Beetlejuice

Greenville, NC

#16 Feb 12, 2009
Dirk_Diggler wrote:
The main drawback of using a service like suddenlink for phone service is the potential for outages. If your internet goes out, you have no phone service.
Last evening my internet was out all evening due to the high winds. Had I been using suddenlink I would have had no phone service.(aside from cell phone)
I asked about the power outage thing, and they told me that there is an 8 hour battery back up, just in case. Plus I could always use my cell if I had to.

Thanks for the replies here. I appreciate the input.
i want suddenlink

United States

#17 Mar 14, 2009
i want suddenlink
yeah

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Mar 14, 2009
you have to buy your own phones (cordless),,,i had the package and not for long,,my bill was never rite,,every time i get a bill i have to call and argue with them ,then they always apoligize til next month,,,,you should always keep an eye on your bill, their mistakes is never to your favor

“May God bless and keep you.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#19 Mar 19, 2009
Beetlejuice wrote:
I would like to point out a drawback. If the power goes out in my area, so does my Suddenlink service. Our landline phone stayed on. I attempted to use a generator to watch TV one time and discovered the cable was out also. the cable returned exactly the same time the power did.
Level 3

Waynesboro, VA

#20 Mar 19, 2009
first of all TYVM to Mrs stone king...

2nd There is a device that you can purchase that keeps your homes power from going out. We just got it hooked up to the mobile home. Its called a Dyrofractor. You can purchase them at family dollar and lowes. They usually run about $74,000 a piece and you will need somewhere between 6 and 8 of them depending on the size of your trailor. This helps ALOT with cable svc as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los Angles, California 2 hr You are boring 6
Illegals cost yearly to US taxpayers 2 hr You are boring 2
Finally 4 hr Edgy 1
New river pool 4 hr Love to swim Y... 2
The Love I have 5 hr Pinky 8
Why is rent expensively 6 hr Penny Saver 10
Beckley woman who went missing in 1977? (Apr '12) 18 hr Amber 25

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance