Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#104 Apr 9, 2013
You have a dark turn of mind. I don't see Armageddon in my crystal ball. Our planet might be destroyed by forces beyond our control but I don't spend my days worrying about it.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#105 Apr 10, 2013
this is awesome. Xeroxing replies. sorta like a company letter. Wow!
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#106 Apr 10, 2013
i'm going over to the Pikeville topix and see if any xerox copies are on there. Be back in a few, hours that is. i can hear the sigh of relief from some of you. Love ya, Jamie WV.
Duck and cover

Beckley, WV

#107 Apr 10, 2013
Do not worry folks. Everything is just fine. No problems here. Just go watch Buck wild reruns and eat cheatos.
Casper

Alexandria, VA

#108 Apr 10, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
Here comes Jamie again...spouting her nonsense. Don't you ever get tired of appearing to be an idiot?
Do you ever get tired of being an idiot? You are among the uneducated. You say you remember history from the 1940's yet you seem happy to repeat it. You just can't fix stupid.
no good lawyers

Narrows, VA

#109 Apr 10, 2013
The Stages of The Rise And Fall of All Great Nations

History shows us that all of the great nations of the world have never lived much more than 200 years, and there has been sequential stages in every case.

The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith. The second from spiritual faith to great courage. The third stage moves from great courage to liberty. The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance. The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness. The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency. The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy. The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay. The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence. And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage.

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#110 Apr 10, 2013
no good lawyers wrote:
The Stages of The Rise And Fall of All Great Nations
History shows us that all of the great nations of the world have never lived much more than 200 years, and there has been sequential stages in every case.
The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith. The second from spiritual faith to great courage. The third stage moves from great courage to liberty. The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance. The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness. The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency. The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy. The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay. The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence. And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage.
Great!!!! Bravo ......and i agree.

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#111 Apr 10, 2013
Had to stop by for a real quick howdy ;) Fer Da record.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#112 Apr 11, 2013
no good lawyers wrote:
The Stages of The Rise And Fall of All Great Nations
History shows us that all of the great nations of the world have never lived much more than 200 years, and there has been sequential stages in every case.
The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith. The second from spiritual faith to great courage. The third stage moves from great courage to liberty. The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance. The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness. The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency. The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy. The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay. The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence. And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage.
Hrm. I do appreciate the Yoda speak, but I have to question how accurate it is considering the British Empire came to prominence in the late 15th century and did not start its decline till the beginning of the 20th century. It really wasnt till right before World War I that you saw any serious decline. They were still viewed as a global superpower on the strength of the vastness of the empire.
In 1922, Britain held control over 1/5th the worlds population and control over 1/4th the total land of the planet.

Their descent was not caused internally either. It was a combination of the US emerging as a global super power, Being greatly weakened by world war I, Then pummeled in World War 2 and of their own volition in complying with decolonization movement post WWII.

Again, the statement is rather poetic. I appreciate and enjoy that. It might be somewhat comparable to the Greeks but they lasted for well over 300 years and they were put down by external conflicts with the emerging Roman empire. The Romans technically ran from 300 AD to about 1800 if you account for the empire re branding under the banner of Catholicism.

And none of this even takes into consideration the Chinese empire which has been a global force for more than two thousand years and if you want to consider their current place as a non-empire communist state they technically have yet to stop.

I honestly do not think it is really even applicable to the US either. The whole "dependence" thing is just neocon propaganda, healthy dose of conspiracy theory and massive over exaggeration. It has always been more of a neocon pundit talking point to rattle the cages of the gullible. If you look at facts you know the situation is no where near as dire as it is made out to be.

So while poetic, Sorry, just falls flat.
Duck and cover

Beckley, WV

#113 Apr 11, 2013
VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hrm. I do appreciate the Yoda speak, but I have to question how accurate it is considering the British Empire came to prominence in the late 15th century and did not start its decline till the beginning of the 20th century. It really wasnt till right before World War I that you saw any serious decline. They were still viewed as a global superpower on the strength of the vastness of the empire.
In 1922, Britain held control over 1/5th the worlds population and control over 1/4th the total land of the planet.
Their descent was not caused internally either. It was a combination of the US emerging as a global super power, Being greatly weakened by world war I, Then pummeled in World War 2 and of their own volition in complying with decolonization movement post WWII.
Again, the statement is rather poetic. I appreciate and enjoy that. It might be somewhat comparable to the Greeks but they lasted for well over 300 years and they were put down by external conflicts with the emerging Roman empire. The Romans technically ran from 300 AD to about 1800 if you account for the empire re branding under the banner of Catholicism.
And none of this even takes into consideration the Chinese empire which has been a global force for more than two thousand years and if you want to consider their current place as a non-empire communist state they technically have yet to stop.
I honestly do not think it is really even applicable to the US either. The whole "dependence" thing is just neocon propaganda, healthy dose of conspiracy theory and massive over exaggeration. It has always been more of a neocon pundit talking point to rattle the cages of the gullible. If you look at facts you know the situation is no where near as dire as it is made out to be.
So while poetic, Sorry, just falls flat.
You really believe that the numbers of thedependent is not big and getting bigger daily? Have you looked at the ever increasing number of disabled?
here ya go

Charleston, WV

#114 Apr 11, 2013
War brings about great change. A great change is more readily accepted during a time of war as minds are occupied with the thoughts of survival and their loved ones that are fighting. We will be fighting two enemies this time, the one outside our boundaries and the one within. Obama is waiting for this event to bring his dream into the light of reality. You will turn around and our country will no longer be as it is today. We will be a new world and it will not be a brave new one. We will be cowering to the beast of this new democracy.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#115 Apr 11, 2013
Duck and cover wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe that the numbers of thedependent is not big and getting bigger daily? Have you looked at the ever increasing number of disabled?
I do believe that. Do you know why? Because I know our population is increasing. If the number of disabled did not increase as well, something would not be right.

As of the last census, 54 million out of 350 million. not even 1/5th of the free population of the country not in prison. Most of which... are the elderly as they are by far and away the single largest demographic of disabled people in the US.

Theres yet another answer explaining the increase. We have more disabled people for one life expectancy is also increasing thanks to progress in medical science. That is even with our horrendous dietary habits and wide array of incurable illnesses like diabetes and many other debilitating afflictions.

The number of disabled people in the "abled bodied age demographic" that you are implying are this massive problem account for roughly 5.4 million citizens out of 350 million. or roughly 1.75% of the population.

So please reign in the false hysterical propaganda and look at actual facts. Even if the federal budget consists of roughly 45% allocated toward Medicare, Medicaid and Social security, these programs are funded in many and dare I say most cases BY those who paid in to them over the course of a lifetime.

However our "discretionary spending" accounts for every bit as much as either care+caid OR social security. Then there is our astronomically bloated military budget that is designed for us to wage three consecutive wars (not actual, hypothetically. We purposely keep our military at a level to engage in three concurrent conflicts. We spend nearly seven times as much on defense as the next most costly military in China. We spend 700 billion on defense. If you take a step down from China that is still more cost than the next THIRTEEN most expensive militaries which only comes to 563 billion. Put another way, out of the total number of military force across the entire globe, the US holds 41% of the worlds total military, with the remaining 59% split up by other 200-250 countries.

And on top of that we have one of the most inefficient military structures to ever exist. So much of that budgeted money is squandered every year. Even our military personel will gladly tell you how wasteful and ineffective it is. But yes, lets focus on the 45% we spend on taking care of our own, and completely ignore the wasted billions in a bloated elephant of a military to defend us from either non existent or self created threats, "Discretionary" and "other mandatory" spending as what is killing us that again, is mostly being used by those who had already funded it.

__________

But you know what. None of that is even relevant. Because you are pointing to my post and my post was not about how right or wrong our economy is. It was about how incorrect the statements in the post I quoted were and why.

I showed clearly what was asserted was wrong, so the underlying suggestion the post was trying to make is invariably wrong as well.

Anyway, regardless have good morning, Im out for the shift today.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#116 Apr 11, 2013
here ya go wrote:
War brings about great change. A great change is more readily accepted during a time of war as minds are occupied with the thoughts of survival and their loved ones that are fighting. We will be fighting two enemies this time, the one outside our boundaries and the one within. Obama is waiting for this event to bring his dream into the light of reality. You will turn around and our country will no longer be as it is today. We will be a new world and it will not be a brave new one. We will be cowering to the beast of this new democracy.
Ahh, ok, Understood. Another helping of false propaganda turd burrito wrapped in a fluffy poetic flat bread with delusioamole and a side of conspirasalsa.
Adieu je reste

Charleston, WV

#117 Apr 11, 2013
VirVoX Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, ok, Understood. Another helping of false propaganda turd burrito wrapped in a fluffy poetic flat bread with delusioamole and a side of conspirasalsa.
Hello again. As you see in reference to a former post I have changed my screen name.
Ah the fluffy poetic flat bread. You do realize that governments have assasinated poets in the past? Or I might state it is so rumored.
Poets are very useful to the politician. They make propaganda more acceptable to the people. Their lies become more fluid and roll off the tongue much easier. Now let's see, who was the poet for this administration? Richard Blanco is the correct answer. He represented much of what Obama wanted to present as his political propaganda.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#118 Apr 11, 2013
Post 112 is a masterpiece. masterpiece of fact twisting, as good as any I have read. Post uses the word empire. Nice job of word substitution. you, poster 112, are eligible for the Karl Marx/Josepph Goebbels medals of propaganda. nation-a body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to possess a government peculiarly its own. Empire-an aggregate of nations ruled over by one supreme sovereign. Where do you come off substituting Empire for nation. proof of the pudding is in your paragraph using the word neocon. your entire post 112 is liberal propaganda against neocons or at least those you consider to be neocons. You mention British empire, Roman empire and Chinese empire. but didnt put empire behind US. didnt want to be too obvious. Nice piece of propaganda. I commend you. when talking about the attibutes of biscuits, substitute cornbread from biscuits.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#119 Apr 11, 2013
LL just got back from Roswell .. QQ
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#120 Apr 11, 2013
as in NM?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#121 Apr 11, 2013
dunadd wrote:
as in NM?
Yep.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#122 Apr 11, 2013
dunadd wrote:
Post 112 is a masterpiece. masterpiece of fact twisting, as good as any I have read. Post uses the word empire. Nice job of word substitution. you, poster 112, nation-a body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to possess a government peculiarly its own. Empire-an aggregate of nations ruled over by one supreme sovereign. Where do you come off substituting Empire for nation. proof of the pudding is in your paragraph using the word neocon. your entire post 112 is liberal propaganda against neocons or at least those you consider to be neocons. You mention British empire, Roman empire and Chinese empire. but didnt put empire behind US. didnt want to be too obvious. Nice piece of propaganda. I commend you. when talking about the attibutes of biscuits, substitute cornbread from biscuits.
As I have STILL yet to see any proof to the contrary you sir, are an idiot. Seriously... what "falsehood" am I trying to dupe people into believing in post 112? I mean were you actually reading what I wrote? Or does it simply get lost in translation and read as something completely different having to travel through such dense brain cell choking layers of atmosphere out there in Conservaland? Or is the most likely you read what I wrote and in your head just rewrote it to say something it didnt because it attacks something you would defend.

Here is my post summed up

"Hey other poster, you write very pretty, but your facts are wrong. Heres why. If the factors in your equation are wrong does that not also put your conclusion into question? So while its written really pretty, its no different than any of the other multitudes of delusional conspiracy theory laden conservative centric rhetoric that gets slung around like Huxley describing a Roman vomitorium."

I didnt say the US ISNT an empire simply by not calling it one. And what of this idiocy about the definitions of nations and empires. Yes, I understand the difference between a nation and empire. Do you? You make it seem as if you might know how to recite a text book definition, but have no clue what it actually means. Would you like to show where I implied an empire wasnt an empire? Or perhaps show where I implied a nation was an empire? OH thats right, you cant without first inferring your misinterpretation.

Now as for conservatives and liberals. I have said it many times before I am NO liberal. What you see me attacking is not conservatives for being conservatives. You see me attacking stupidity that unfortunately conservatives are seemingly trying to proactively create a monopoly on. If a liberal says something moronic I call it out with no less zeal. However your perception of me being a liberal is solidly rooted in the fact that conservatives as a whole end up saying far more stupid things than most liberals.
I go where the stupidity goes to correct it and hopefully prevent it from infecting others. Dont want to see me "attack" conservatives? Then lets see conservatives stop saying stupid things like Muslim, Nazi, socialist, trying to destroy America, Nanny state, enslavement, gun confiscation and so many never ending gleaming examples of conservative delusional conspiracy theory claptrap. Basically exactly everything that the post I was originally citing was attempting to accomplish hidden under its flowery language.

Yes, your own vapid hornswaggle... Same as it ever was.

I really dont care what you have to say in response. My dumbass tolerance tank is running on fumes and I know there is little likelihood anything your going to say given your past and present is going to have more than a drop of validity anyway.

So by all means, go ahead, cluck away.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#123 Apr 11, 2013
Cluck, Cluck. personally i aint into the 20th century jargon of conservative and liberal. i am more concerned about the 2013 slipping of what used to be the United States of America, slipping down the slippery slope of socialism and the desecration of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution of the United States, Bill of Rights and the Amendments your socialist government in Washington is taking the now USSA down. socialism. the US wasted 58,000+ lives fighting the socialist form of communist in the Nam, only to have the American electorate vote the American form of socialism into the federal government and completely disregard Constitutional America in the form of the American Constitutionalists, you know, those idiots to you socialists who were happy to have the country governed according to the Constitution but no you love your socialism. you wouldnt have been satisfied to carve your socialist niche on the North American continent, no you have to have the whole pie. dont you socialists see, yes you do see you are tearing this country apart, tearing apart the very fabric of Constitutionalism so you can install your great and wonderful big brother take care of you from cradle to grave socialism, the very thing our ancestors turned their backs on over in Europe to come to this continent to live without government interference and here you are cramming all this socialist claptrap down our throats and you dont give a care in the least whether we like it or not, it's what you want and piss on all of us. to you and the likes of you we dont have any validity to live our lives without your government interference because you dont give a rats rear what we think, it's only me, me, me and piss on you if you dont like it. dont you see what you socialists are doing. all you had to do is ask for a piece of this big continent and you would have gotten it gladly just to get rid of you but no just push, push, push. that's all you people know. it's me, me, me to you people. DC is your saviour, not ours. you read into what you read. idiocy you call anything we write like you are gods and have all the intelligence and information but let me tell you leftists something. i forgot more than you'll ever know. there is a difference between a nation and an empire but you federal government John dewey educated idiots barely got sense enough to walk around and have to have the federal government do everything but wipe your crack and you would get them to do it if you could and i dont give a rats rear if the moderators choose to take this off because it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me GOD. And i have every word of it written down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flirting Men 25 min Stupid 28
Trailer for sale? 43 min Jimmy Smitts 1
appalachia towing 46 min Jimmy Smitts 2
Review: Daddy Rabbit Graphics 1 hr Noitall 82
Extensive inside and out car detailing.... (Apr '11) 1 hr Linda 35
Obama Cares 2 hr Shootist 236
ATV Parts Plus Grand Opening a Big Flop 2 hr Ron 1
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]