Mining Company Layoffs

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mine Forman

Matewan, WV

#1 Jun 13, 2012
Has anyone else heard that several beckley area mining equipment companies are getting ready to layoff?
HOMIE1

Beckley, WV

#2 Jun 13, 2012
there are 14 companies ready to lay off aprox 350 to 400 workers depending on what the mines do.Coal mines in southern wv are looking to layoff 6 to 8 THOUSAND miners .You can thank the EPA.and the current admin.

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Between Obama, EPA and the treehuggers this country is going down the toilet energy wise!
Consumer_Joe

Rocky Mount, NC

#4 Jun 13, 2012
HOMIE1 wrote:
You can thank the EPA.and the current admin.
Nah, you can thank me. As a consumer, I am more interested in spending my money buying and supporting clean energy products and services. This means using less electricity, insulating my home better, conserving energy and wasting less, and dropping my power bill by near 34% in the last 6 months. This of course lowers the demand for coal and unfortunately puts people out of work. Thats how the free market works though.

Tell your coal mining friends to perhaps look into employment in the gas, solar, or wind energy industries.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 13, 2012
Excellent post Joe .. THANKS!
Level 1

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Wake Up West Virginia
Clear the coal from your eyes!
The coal producers has flooded the market with coal. The coal ships are unable to get into China to offload! Just like the 1970's!
Mine Forman wrote:
Has anyone else heard that several beckley area mining equipment companies are getting ready to layoff?
HOMIE1

Beckley, WV

#7 Jun 13, 2012
solar and wind sounds good but right now you all are dreaming wait and watch it wll not work
Level 1

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 13, 2012
Wake Up West Virginia, Clear the COAL from your eyes!

Simple reason for the downturn is Supply and Demand.

The coal producers have flooded the market in China!

Now they are getting ready to export our Natural Gas by turning it into a liquid form and shipping it out overseas,and drive up the prices on Americans. Just say no to exports of our Natural Resources!

Use our metalergical Coal to produce quality steal in America, for America!
Use our Natural gas to run our vehicles!(This stops our relability on oil from other countries)We have the Technology!

Problems solved!Is that so hard for our leaders (Politicians) to figure out?

Abolish all Free Trade Acts, Produce in America what Americans consume!

Thank you
Mine Forman wrote:

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#9 Jun 13, 2012
HOMIE1 wrote:
solar and wind sounds good but right now you all are dreaming wait and watch it wll not work
Sorry Charlie but those energy sources are working fine & increasing production everyday. Natural gas will be the energy bridge for near future. Coal -- the dinosaur fuel is dead as the energy fuel we have known for years. So out with the old & in with the new!
please

Ardsley, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2012
Actually natural gas is NOT an infinite resource and in many ways it is worse for the environement then coal. Wind power sources are very undependable and expensive. Natural gas is cheap NOW but if we are dependant on it, it will of course be more expensive. Duh. We as a country need to use SEVERAl sources of energy to produce power: wind, solar, coal, gas, nuclear, etc. The more sources we have the less dependancy we have on one certain product and therefore keep cost down.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#11 Jun 14, 2012
randy25880 wrote:
<quoted text>Wake Up West Virginia, Clear the COAL from your eyes!

Simple reason for the downturn is Supply and Demand.

The coal producers have flooded the market in China!

Now they are getting ready to export our Natural Gas by turning it into a liquid form and shipping it out overseas,and drive up the prices on Americans. Just say no to exports of our Natural Resources!

Use our metalergical Coal to produce quality steal in America, for America!
Use our Natural gas to run our vehicles!(This stops our relability on oil from other countries)We have the Technology!

Problems solved!Is that so hard for our leaders (Politicians) to figure out?

Abolish all Free Trade Acts, Produce in America what Americans consume!

Thank you
Smart AMERICAN .... The BUG definitely approves of this message. Keep talkin like that & we'll run you for Vice-Pres.... Sorry we done picked Lisa Jackson for Pres.,, LOL.
Bill y

Ogden, AR

#12 Jun 14, 2012
Bug Ridge/Cockroach,

Read my thread on Natural Gas Production then we can discuss it. Heck,I will even try to lower my intellectual level and use simple words so you can understand me.

Billy

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Bill y wrote:
Bug Ridge/Cockroach,

Read my thread on Natural Gas Production then we can discuss it. Heck,I will even try to lower my intellectual level and use simple words so you can understand me.

Billy
No.
Obama Clooney 2012

Walker, WV

#14 Jun 14, 2012
HOMIE1 wrote:
there are 14 companies ready to lay off aprox 350 to 400 workers depending on what the mines do.Coal mines in southern wv are looking to layoff 6 to 8 THOUSAND miners .You can thank the EPA.and the current admin.
Thank you EPA and President Obama!

:)
Bill y

Ogden, AR

#15 Jun 14, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
About what I thought!

Billy

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Jun 14, 2012
Bill y wrote:
<quoted text>About what I thought!

Billy
U not worthy opponent Billy boy.
Bill y

Ogden, AR

#17 Jun 14, 2012
Or you are afraid to try me.

Billy
ugottastandforso mething

Beckley, WV

#18 Jun 14, 2012
please wrote:
Actually natural gas is NOT an infinite resource and in many ways it is worse for the environement then coal. Wind power sources are very undependable and expensive. Natural gas is cheap NOW but if we are dependant on it, it will of course be more expensive. Duh. We as a country need to use SEVERAl sources of energy to produce power: wind, solar, coal, gas, nuclear, etc. The more sources we have the less dependancy we have on one certain product and therefore keep cost down.
How is gas worse for the environment than coal?Wind power is proving to be a great source of energy out west and do you really think wind power is that much more than to mine coal.Coal mining isn't expensive? I do agree,that as a whole we would be wise to use all our energy sources,each one is a great asset to the United States in many different ways.
Alpha dog

Barboursville, WV

#19 Jun 15, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
Excellent post Joe .. THANKS!
Bug you are everywhere.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#20 Jun 15, 2012
Alpha dog wrote:
<quoted text>Bug you are everywhere.
Mistaken identity ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Ricky Agnor ever get out of his trouble 29 min Finally 6
Woodrow Wilson Cheerleaders 34 min Kudos to the coach 15
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Sundog512 1,586
Bojangles Raleigh Mall area opening soon. 2 hr Enter Username 5
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,725
natalie and jack 4 hr Just saying 77
News Beckley man charged with murder 8 hr Injustice 1
shannon frazier dead 9 hr JLB 30

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web