Worse Pharmacy in Beckley!

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mad in Beckley

Beckley, WV

#1 Feb 18, 2010
I wonder what every one in here thinks is the worse pharmacy in Beckley?

I think it's the Rite Aid on Johnstown Road. I dropped of my mothers prescription of at 6:00 in the evening only to be told that it would be ready in the morning at 10:00. I didn't make it back until 1:30 the next day and I was told it would be another hour until it would be ready. An hour later I come back and they couldn't find my moms medicence. They put with the other prescriptions but not in alphabetical order like it should have been. It took them nearly half an hour to find it.

With incompetance like that I can't trust the staff there!
Rxx

Beckley, WV

#2 Feb 19, 2010
Mad in Beckley wrote:
I wonder what every one in here thinks is the worse pharmacy in Beckley?
I think it's the Rite Aid on Johnstown Road. I dropped of my mothers prescription of at 6:00 in the evening only to be told that it would be ready in the morning at 10:00. I didn't make it back until 1:30 the next day and I was told it would be another hour until it would be ready. An hour later I come back and they couldn't find my moms medicence. They put with the other prescriptions but not in alphabetical order like it should have been. It took them nearly half an hour to find it.
With incompetance like that I can't trust the staff there!
I suggest you contact the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy and file a written complaint. Mr. Brown at CVS Harper Rd. makes them the absolute pharmacy. He thinks he is "god".
lester square

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2010
Rxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you contact the West Virginia Board of Pharmacy and file a written complaint. Mr. Brown at CVS Harper Rd. makes them the absolute pharmacy. He thinks he is "god".
cvs called my ins. company and negotiated my diabetis supplies down to two a day. Lester square phar. is the worst.
Moon Willow

Beckley, WV

#4 Feb 19, 2010
Crab Orchard Pharmacy is the best! You can't find a better pharmacist than Dick. All of the staff are so friendly.
Rxx

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 19, 2010
CVS is notorious for buying the cheapest generics money can buy. I know a 30 day supply of generic bupropion costs $1.67 for 30 pills wholesale, but they charged by friend who was out of work, depressed with no insurance $65 for that prescription. That is what I call GREED. You want to know how CVS is building all the new buildings on every street in Beckley??? GREED. Stay away from them. And I already mentioned how Pharmacist Brown did me at CVS on Harper Rd. He wouldn't fill my prescription claiming it wasn't due, but in fact is was 3 days OVER DUE. He thinks he is GOD Almighty.

Crab Orchard Pharmacy and Beckley Pharmacy on Stanaford Rd are the 2 BEST in Beckley. I know Beckley Pharmacy also delivers.

Either can meet or beat CVS, Walgreen, Walmart, or Sams any day of the week.
big 1

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Feb 19, 2010
I was without insurance a few years ago and had a perscription Rite-aid told me the per. was $250 I did not get it filled. When I complained to the dr. my next visit about the cost he told me to take it to wal-mart. The next day I took it to wal-mart when I asked the price before it was filled. And to my surprise the cost was $17.98. When I had insurance back then I never asked the price. Now I have great insurance and always ask the price. Wal-mart is the cheapest by far. I hate to go in wal-mart, always crowded and 1 lane open but I have the dr. to call it in and allow a couple hours, it is ready when I go pick it up.
CVS Shopper

United States

#7 Feb 19, 2010
I love going to Beaver CVS, they are friendly and answer my questions. When I have been out of state or in another area of WV and needed something refilled. I told them I was a regular customer of Beaver CVS. They found my records and filled what I needed or found my file for all my insurance information for another type of refill.

Yes CVS is building everywhere. They are trying to compete with Wal-Greens & Rite Aid. If you notice a Wal-Greens on one block look around and you will find a CVS or RIte Aid or both. It is pure competition.
Rxxx

Beckley, WV

#8 Feb 19, 2010
CVS Shopper wrote:
I love going to Beaver CVS, they are friendly and answer my questions. When I have been out of state or in another area of WV and needed something refilled. I told them I was a regular customer of Beaver CVS. They found my records and filled what I needed or found my file for all my insurance information for another type of refill.
Yes CVS is building everywhere. They are trying to compete with Wal-Greens & Rite Aid. If you notice a Wal-Greens on one block look around and you will find a CVS or RIte Aid or both. It is pure competition.
And WHO do you think pays for this competition? The WV Board of Pharmacy is a do-less political board that needs a check up from the neck up for permitting such idiocrasy.
myopinion

Tarboro, NC

#9 Feb 19, 2010
My vote goes to Rite Aid on Harper Road.......Slow and rude.
Is That Right

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2010
I've always had good luck with Rite Aid on Harper Road. Always helpful to me and I've never had to wait very long. It must be different folks and different times.
wv man

Beckley, WV

#11 Feb 19, 2010
Colony is the absolute worst.they suck.they are slow and act like everyone that comes in there is a pill pusher.they presume everyone is guilty.
Wondering

Tarboro, NC

#12 Feb 19, 2010
Kmart sucks too
healthcare worker

Beckley, WV

#13 Feb 19, 2010
Been to Kmart and Walmart of Beckley. Never had any problems.
driver

Beckley, WV

#14 Feb 19, 2010
WalMart in Beckley I had two meds that were wrote out as 90 day supply 2 times a day for 90 days (360 pills) for each. when i had them refilled they refilled as 320 pills on one and the other was 180. was in a hurry did not pay that much attention to it till 1 med ran out before the other, when i refilled it again i asked them why i did not get the quantity that i should got. they said that is how the doctor wrote it. i told them that was not true and the original refill was correct and they could even check their documents that they are required to keep on file from the doctor, their reply was we don't have them. the next time they do that to me, I'm going to advise them they need a lawyer for not keeping those records.
Uno

Beckley, WV

#15 Feb 20, 2010
driver wrote:
WalMart in Beckley I had two meds that were wrote out as 90 day supply 2 times a day for 90 days (360 pills) for each. when i had them refilled they refilled as 320 pills on one and the other was 180. was in a hurry did not pay that much attention to it till 1 med ran out before the other, when i refilled it again i asked them why i did not get the quantity that i should got. they said that is how the doctor wrote it. i told them that was not true and the original refill was correct and they could even check their documents that they are required to keep on file from the doctor, their reply was we don't have them. the next time they do that to me, I'm going to advise them they need a lawyer for not keeping those records.
Your math isn't right. 2 times a day for 90 days = 180. NOT 360
BOLT

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Feb 20, 2010
We get everything at Sams in Beckley. NEVER a problem and friendly service.

Used to go to the Rite Aides. They suck. Half the time you'd go in the pharmacy was closed so I quit them.
driver

Beckley, WV

#17 Feb 20, 2010
opps, 2 pills 2 times a day is 4 pills a day. 7*90=360. I have 2 different meds that were wrote that way.
CVS BEAVER

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 20, 2010
CVS Beaver is the best. Those girls there really know what they are doing. They are nice, friendly and so helpful. Every pharmacy customer experiences problems from time to time but CVS Beaver always puts the customer first. They strive for customer satisfaction.
1 post removed
The working man

Beckley, WV

#20 Feb 20, 2010
Eppy's is the worst. What is up with the people that work there?
rude employees

Mount Hope, WV

#21 Feb 20, 2010
driver wrote:
I agree Wal-Mart pharmacy is by far the worst,we dropped a script off and they said it would take 30 mins. so 45 mins. later went back and they said its not done give us 10 more mins. went back still not done said give them 15 more mins. went back and still not done this went on for 2 hours and the sad thing is someone who dropped their meds. off after us whom had more that were filled got theirs before us and we were waiting on the benches in front of the pharmacy so it wasn't like we left or anything.
I think they done it on purpose and thats when the big snow was hitting so I was kinda in a hurry and the employee's are RUDE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Beckley Pool 4 hr 100 2
this girl 6 hr Brandon S 4
24 yr old exSoldier looking for jobs 7 hr Slick 14
Need help finding good inpatient substance abus... 7 hr frustrated 3
new theif in town 9 hr apple 5
McDonalds Robert C Byrd and Prince St. 11 hr central scrutinizer 2
Drugs on Stanaford hoist rd 13 hr Heather 98
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE