ricky

Lubbock, TX

#85 Sep 4, 2012
line is still long
Hungry Toad

Beckley, WV

#86 Sep 11, 2012
no they don't drug test. they have managers that deal drugs in the area...are you for real? they need to test their supervisors there. how can the serving staff be expected to be sober when the supervisors support that type of lifestyle? it's a sick management team there with more issues than just drugs. corporate needs to talk to employees still there and those who have already left.
ladylike

United States

#87 Sep 11, 2012
Wow...are people already quiting?
Queenie Bee

Beckley, WV

#88 Sep 13, 2012
Waited 40minutes for a table. When I asked Hostess why half of the restraunt was empty she stated that it was because the kitchen couldn't keep up, so they could only seat so many at a time. Once receiving meal, I ate about three quarters of it and noticed a long hair in my food. I spoke with the Manager about this and ihe stated he would go check the kitchen. He offered to get me something else however, why would I want something else from there......point is, Too long of a wait and kitchen is unsanitary
Truth

Miramar Beach, FL

#89 Sep 13, 2012
agree for once wrote:
<quoted text>For once I agree with you, and it seems the smaller the town the more what you say is true. Good lord, you would think that Rt. 3 was worse than Miami if you hear the people talk down there. I just sick of hearing it. I have lived places where it is so much worse.
I agree. In the military we move around a lot and every city I've lived in has the same problem. In this area of Florida we have weekly meth lab busts in hotels, trailers, houses,(even in the pricey neighborhoods), and even in businesses. Every town, city, and county is overwhelmed by pill zombies. Beckley is no worse than any where else.
Help

Beckley, WV

#90 Sep 13, 2012
Anybody who works there know if they hire wait staff as full or part time? I'd like to be able to work part time 2-3 days or evenings a week. FYI - I can pass a drug test, just don't want to leave my kids every day.
1 post removed

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Beckley, WV

#92 Sep 17, 2012
@help I was also wondering that. Ate there loved it and it resonable.
The Truth

Beckley, WV

#93 Sep 17, 2012
Queenie Bee wrote:
Waited 40minutes for a table. When I asked Hostess why half of the restraunt was empty she stated that it was because the kitchen couldn't keep up, so they could only seat so many at a time. Once receiving meal, I ate about three quarters of it and noticed a long hair in my food. I spoke with the Manager about this and ihe stated he would go check the kitchen. He offered to get me something else however, why would I want something else from there......point is, Too long of a wait and kitchen is unsanitary
Sorry Chedders is not a all you can cram into your mouth all day for one low price. The hair was probably yours that got caught in the feeding frenzie.
MountaineerMAN

Bluefield, WV

#94 Sep 17, 2012
Queenie Bee wrote:
Waited 40minutes for a table. When I asked Hostess why half of the restraunt was empty she stated that it was because the kitchen couldn't keep up, so they could only seat so many at a time. Once receiving meal, I ate about three quarters of it and noticed a long hair in my food. I spoke with the Manager about this and ihe stated he would go check the kitchen. He offered to get me something else however, why would I want something else from there......point is, Too long of a wait and kitchen is unsanitary
This is a 110% dam lie! The back of the house is the most clean and sanitary restauraant in Beckley, i mean how many restaurants in Beckley have ALL their employees have a food handlers license??? NONE IN BECKLEY!!! Get your facts straight before going on here lying! That's exactly what your doing, but no harm im sure you havent hurt their business at all! Thats why there is always a 2 hour wait! Must have been worth your wait! Sorry you didnt get your meal for free as thats probably what your aim was for! NEVER has anyone found a hair in their food their EVER! They wear hairnets even they guys that are bald do, so i guess your one of those that ate 3/4 of your meal and threw your own hair in it to try to get it for free ! LMAO didnt work though!
amber

Charleston, WV

#95 Sep 18, 2012
Help wrote:
Anybody who works there know if they hire wait staff as full or part time? I'd like to be able to work part time 2-3 days or evenings a week. FYI - I can pass a drug test, just don't want to leave my kids every day.
yes, you can pretty much work as much or as little as you want. The serve staff doesnt get benefits for working more than 40 hours a week but many of us do anyway.
yeppers

Charleston, WV

#96 Sep 18, 2012
HOG TROUGH
Jordan bailey

Johnson City, TN

#97 Sep 20, 2012
What about the rampant hiring of illegal aliens or the fact that your gm used to be Bristol s gm what about the fact that only the people who are liked are promoted not the ones who deserve it, Ryan Stephens is a drunk and a convicted felon with no car but made floorwalker. The company sucks and is now being investigated from the top down by INS
Oh really

Uneeda, WV

#98 Sep 20, 2012
billy j wrote:
Iit would already be open,but they are having trouble finding drug free employees
lol
Oh really

Uneeda, WV

#99 Sep 20, 2012
VirVoX Populi wrote:
LOL... Seriously? What are you people smoking to suggest that Beckleys drug problem is anything bigger than a gnat on the ass of a bear sized problem any major metro like Philly has.

Ill explain it to the one from Philly... its a form of Self fulfilling prophecy.

[QUOTE]A strongly held belief, or a delusion, declared as truth when it is actually false may sufficiently influence people, either through fear or logical confusion, so that their reactions ultimately fulfill the once-false belief."

You hear about it.. you see it everywhere. Its the same effect that can be observed when you buy a new car, and then immediately see how "common" that car is on the road but never noticed it before.

You cannot be in this area without people telling you how horrible the drug crime is here. You hear about it, you see it everywhere. Even when it isnt present, you begin to assume its presence.

Perception created illusions. Nothing more. If this town were any more "sleepy" it would be comatose.
amen only thing we have to do is fish hunt and eat at all the dang restaurants lol
bosslady

United States

#100 Sep 20, 2012
Who cares if he's from bristol...is he a good guy? That matters more.
Jack

Beckley, WV

#101 Oct 11, 2012
MountaineerMAN wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a 110% dam lie! The back of the house is the most clean and sanitary restauraant in Beckley, i mean how many restaurants in Beckley have ALL their employees have a food handlers license??? NONE IN BECKLEY!!! Get your facts straight before going on here lying! That's exactly what your doing, but no harm im sure you havent hurt their business at all! Thats why there is always a 2 hour wait! Must have been worth your wait! Sorry you didnt get your meal for free as thats probably what your aim was for! NEVER has anyone found a hair in their food their EVER! They wear hairnets even they guys that are bald do, so i guess your one of those that ate 3/4 of your meal and threw your own hair in it to try to get it for free ! LMAO didnt work though!
Sorry to say, but I found a hair in my broccoli cheese dish. This is not good. I didn't bring it to management's attention, as many others may have done; so you can not make the claim a hair was never found in Cheddars food.
lol

Beckley, WV

#102 Oct 11, 2012
Fact Check wrote:
Just so you know the story about Cheddar's Drug Testing is a lie !! The GM advised everyone that they do not drug test, that's why they are opening on time. I know The Olive Garden is drug testing, and that's why they are still in the process of opening.
MYTH: CHEDDARS DRUG TEST
FACT: CHEDDARS DOES NOT DRUG TEST AND none OF THERE STORES EVER DRUG TEST !!
if its wait staff no,but cooks and Management they do.
1 post removed
wow

United States

#104 Nov 8, 2012
just so u all know cheddars never drug tested anyone there were right on schedule with the opening they had no problems finding people to work they interveeed thousands and picked 224 it is a good place to eat and its not fast food a sit down restaurant were the food is made for u when ordered so it takes time these are facts and it is a good place just give it a chance
wow

United States

#105 Nov 8, 2012
people work in restaurants and most people have hair it is just part of it doesn't mean they are mot clean most time it falls unoticed its not like someone put it in there on purpose really just let them fix a new one and enjoy ur meal does everything have to b a big deal
1 post removed
Used to work with food

Barboursville, WV

#107 Nov 8, 2012
No one mentioned hairnets. Are they even around these days? When I was in college, I worked in the cafeteria, and hairnets were required wear for all food handlers. Hair in food was not a problem!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckley VA Release of Information 32 min Flloyd 10
Are there any men's rights or anti-feminist gro... (Jan '14) 37 min Flloyd 69
vc 42 min Alice 3
TRUMP is an acronym for........ (May '16) 1 hr Porch Honkey the ... 60
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 2 hr Jon_B 6,944
Why is it so cold in restaurants (Aug '10) 7 hr Carl 38
Beth and friends lol 21 hr Gmoney 7

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages