Michael Jason Dickens
Just Here

Lubbock, TX

#23 Jul 29, 2011
Exactly, Brandy.

Let me ask you something, did I read correctly that they were suing for monetary damages because of future loss?

Are they saying that her education was compromised so drastically that her future will be forever impaired as far as a career is concerned?

Well, I was molested as a child. Not over the internet and not with pictures. I was physically touched by a neighbor. I finished high school, went on to college, and have a career.

Sounds like their attorney is trying to milk it for everything. I do feel a lot of sympathy for the child. Whether she enjoyed sending the pics or whether she did it kicking and screaming her disapproval. This child is in the middle of a circus. It looks like people are trying to cash in on her. Bless her heart.
Just Here

Lubbock, TX

#24 Jul 29, 2011
Ok, I read it again. I guess they are saying that her future is compromised because she will have trust issues with the education system.

I understand, but I'm still not sure what to think about it
just saying..

Mount Hope, WV

#25 Jul 29, 2011
The girl wasn't his student, she was on the opposite team. I was one of his students last school year, and he always flirted with the girls. A lot of people said he was bipolar (not saying it is true but he did have mood swings in class). Even if she was willing, she is a minor and he is the ADULT. He shouldn't be attracted to middle school girls by any means, even if they look older. I have also heard that she is just the first to come out about the situation and that there may be more. It wouldn't shock me at all if there was more than one. But regardless the police must have had some kind of evidence because he had a $250,000 bond.

“Bored with insomnia”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26 Jul 29, 2011
[QUOTE who="just saying.."]The girl wasn't his student, she was on the opposite team. I was one of his students last school year, and he always flirted with the girls. A lot of people said he was bipolar (not saying it is true but he did have mood swings in class). Even if she was willing, she is a minor and he is the ADULT. He shouldn't be attracted to middle school girls by any means, even if they look older. I have also heard that she is just the first to come out about the situation and that there may be more. It wouldn't shock me at all if there was more than one. But regardless the police must have had some kind of evidence because he had a $250,000 bond.[/QUOTE]

Not saying what you are saying is incorrect, however, do you know anything bout the case of David Gale? When it comes to a teacher, esp one of middle or elementary school, ALL you need is an ACCUSATION to ruin a career. I am NOT saying he didn't do it and I am not saying he did, I am just saying that there is alot more to it. And I am sure there will be alot coming out of the woodwork esp if the amount of money is higher, he will have sexually exploited 25 more kids I am sure. One scenario I had asked but I always get a different answer, if she was NOT a student of his and it was all onine, who is to say that she didn't lie about her age in the first place, I am not saying she did I am just throwing it out there because I know several little 13,14,15 year old little girls that put 18 and 19 on their facebook page to try and get older men. I feel really sorry for the girl whether he did it or not, her life will now be tarnished because of the situation she is in. I am not going to comment on the rumors because that is what they are rumors but in light of everything that is being said I just think we should listen before we hang him. If he did in fact have an inappropriate relationship with a minor then he should be punished accordingly.
I agree

Beckley, WV

#27 Jul 29, 2011
The $250,000 bail is automatic when accused of a crime against a child. That means anyone could be accused. No, he shouldn't have been interested in a 14-year-old, but who can say any of this is true?
The newspaper in this town is so one-sided. They only reported the terms of the lawsuit. That doesn't mean the accusations are proven.
2 posts removed
Intrigued

Reedy, WV

#30 Sep 18, 2011
The man has not even been to trial and a suit has been filed?????? This reeks of deceit and greed!.. If the mother is so concerned over her daughter, she would let our CRIMINAL justice system handle this first... To file a suit against the board so soon...If he did these things he's charged of, her daughter has lost her credibility because of the mothers impatience to collect MONEY... Stage mother syndrome I'm assuming...
wait and see

Frisco, TX

#31 Sep 18, 2011
If indeed this is true, perhaps the mother is so upset that her daughter was betrayed by a person in an authoritative, professional role. She may be seeking civil damages just to get him which ever way she can for what he did to her child. I know if my daughter was manipulated by a school teacher I would do the very same. Report him and hurt him legally any way I could.
Intrigued

Reedy, WV

#32 Sep 18, 2011
wait and see wrote:
If indeed this is true, perhaps the mother is so upset that her daughter was betrayed by a person in an authoritative, professional role. She may be seeking civil damages just to get him which ever way she can for what he did to her child. I know if my daughter was manipulated by a school teacher I would do the very same. Report him and hurt him legally any way I could.
I understand your point, but to do it before he is even indicted...What does that say? Can the girl actually get justice in this area if the mother has petitioned the court for money??? Making money over the betrayal of her daughter???? I think the mother has lost ALL credibility with the filing of this suit so early in the game..Why not wait? Whats the hurry..See what the legal system is going to do..then file the suit..Its not as if he molested her!!! The court systems in this area are not very sympathetic for people who appear to only be after the money..Look what has happened to the malpractice suits in this area..nothing..I just think filing may have been a fatal mistake for the justice of her daughter.....Again My opinion
knows the deal

Bluefield, VA

#33 Sep 19, 2011
get help wrote:
The guy has not been indicted. He hasn't been tried. If he's guilty, I hope he's punished. The community buzz is that this girl's trashy mother set all this up for the money. I sure hope none of this is true, for the girl's sake. It would be terrible to be seduced by a teacher and used by a parent for financial gain!
Her mother is certainly not trashy and she could care less about money...she turned him in to the board of education when she saw the emails like a good mom should have
Questions

Spencer, WV

#34 Sep 19, 2011
knows the deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Her mother is certainly not trashy and she could care less about money...she turned him in to the board of education when she saw the emails like a good mom should have
I agree, I would have did the same thing, but you see, after notifying the board, she filed suit against them..BEFORE he was indicted..If her daughter was so traumatized by incident, why put her through the agony of telling her story over and over again???? Once for the indictment, then the criminal trial and the the civil suit...

I simply feel sorry for the daughter that her daughters mental anguish has taken a back seat to mothers greed..Thats all..I wouldnt have did that
Yeah Right

Beckley, WV

#35 Sep 19, 2011
Sure the mom isn't interested in money. That's why she filed suit for an undisclosed amount of it. It'll mean a bigger party and more bar-hopping for her. I know the deal, too.
2 posts removed
get over yourself

Beckley, WV

#38 Sep 21, 2011
Terry Poe's retirement had been in the plans for over a year. He didn't resign, he retired. He was fiscally and legally able to do so because of the time he taught school and served as an administrator. If Dickens did this, why didn't wifey report it to the police?

I read the paper every day. You missed an important part: The plaintiff's case (aka Mommy), has been amended due to allegations. ALLEGATIONS. Not proven. I'm not upholding Dickens or Poe. If there is any truth to any of this, there should be an appropriate punishment. Just remember, anyone can be accused of anything at any time, even YOU! When a child makes such an accusation, the State Police has to get involved.

I just think it is a dirty shame that Mommy is so quick to file a suit, and then have it amended to get what....? As much money as possible! Incidentally, the Raleigh County grand jury indictments are on WVVA's website. I did NOT see Michael Dickens's name among the indictments. The guy hasn't even been indicted, and there is already a civil suit and it has already been amended once!!! I think all these people are NUTS!
realist

United States

#39 Sep 21, 2011
I feel so sorry for his family. But he has been doing this for years. I graduated in 2001 and he was dating seniors in my class when he was like 30 I think this is true but this is my opinion. I have seen this for years. And they will slap him on the wrist just like the rest of the sex offenders they register for life and
Probation and every criminal will do time even if they steal a car stereo system yes its a crime but its no where as severe as the sexual crimes the justice system protects these types of crimes and the system also protects people who get caught doing a crime and will tell on someone who has also done wrong and will punish the second person but let the first go so what sense does that make ?
yuck

Beckley, WV

#40 Sep 21, 2011
realist wrote:
I feel so sorry for his family. But he has been doing this for years. I graduated in 2001 and he was dating seniors in my class when he was like 30 I think this is true but this is my opinion. I have seen this for years. And they will slap him on the wrist just like the rest of the sex offenders they register for life and
Probation and every criminal will do time even if they steal a car stereo system yes its a crime but its no where as severe as the sexual crimes the justice system protects these types of crimes and the system also protects people who get caught doing a crime and will tell on someone who has also done wrong and will punish the second person but let the first go so what sense does that make ?
in 2001 he wasn't 30 dumbass he was like 21-ish that would be right around the 4 year limit, whether he did it or not is one thing but you might not want to put untrue things on the internet when there are criminal charges being faced.
realist

United States

#41 Sep 21, 2011
yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
in 2001 he wasn't 30 dumbass he was like 21-ish that would be right around the 4 year limit, whether he did it or not is one thing but you might not want to put untrue things on the internet when there are criminal charges being faced.
. He was 24 I'm sorry and she was 17 that's a little more than four years. So. Don't take up for him and how long did it go on before it came out in the open
justice

East Liverpool, OH

#42 Sep 22, 2011
Fact is.....this is not the ONLY girl he has had inappropriate relations with...9 other girls and two teachers came forward about his inappropriate behavior. and that's not all of them. it doesn't matter that he was 21 he was still a teacher. and she still a student. he gets older and the gilrs stay the same age or younger...HE IS A PEDOPHLE. it doesn't matter, they (FBI) have his computer. then lets see who was "set up". Two failed marriages. BOTH women left for the same reasons. ONE failed attempt to get married....she called the wedding off 1 week prior...FOR THE SAME REASONS!!! AND 2 dating relationships that failed...ALSO for the same reason! and wifey was 20 years old at the time when she found out and trusted the principle to do his job.
get over yourself

Beckley, WV

#43 Sep 22, 2011
First, you mental giant, it is p-r-i-n-c-i-p-a-l. Second, the FBI does NOT have his computer. It was investigated by the state police. Third, the legal age of consent is 17. Fourth, and most importantly, if others had come forth, his bond would have been revoked. That has not happened. Fifth, I've had a few failed relationships. That does not make me a pedophile.

I'll say for sure that he shows really bad judgement and poor choices in women.He chooses women who are too young, and with questionable reputations. Lots of men are like that. As for the deal with the online solicitation, I wasn't there, I don't know what is on his computer, and neither do you. I've heard only rumors, and so have you. Unless you are Dickens himself or the State Police, you can't know. You are really wanting this man brought down. What is the reason for that?
Are you an ex-wife , ex-girlfriend, or in-law? Sounds like they've been commiserating. Are you a part of it? Maybe you'd like to get your hand in the school board's pocket, too?
justice

East Liverpool, OH

#44 Sep 22, 2011
REALLy? He has made poor choices with women? you are so full of it...all of those failed relationships are the fault of the women he's chosen? and my friend did NOT have a questionable reputation! you must be a family member of his...LOL! and no i don't want him "brought down". i know a lot more than just hear say when it comes to him...and he really shouldn't be around teenage girls...IT'S A FACT!!!
get over yourself

Beckley, WV

#45 Sep 23, 2011
No, not a family member. I'm a casual observer with a little objectivity. You're a friend of an ex-wife, so that hardly makes you objective. You are trying to ruin a man's reputation based on information from a person who is likely pissed off or hurt. Whatever he has done will all come out in court, if he is indicted.

I didn't say his failed relationships were the fault of the women. There are always two sides. However, those girls were young and immature, and that's a fact. Again, this will all come out in court, but most of us will never know exactly what happens there, either.
Content

United States

#46 Nov 1, 2011
JUSTICE wrote:
i KNOW his first wife...very much so, she turned him in SEVEN years ago for the same crap!!! Nothing was done about it then....she heard it with her own ears in a phone conversation with a high school student....anyone of you who think he was "set up" you're full of crap! who in their right mind would want something like this to be true? FACT IS...seven years later he's in trouble for the same thing...coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! Don't talk
about things you know NOTHING about...i unfortunatley know more than i would like to.
He's nice alright....a smooth talking piece of
SH*T!
As his current ex wife & someone who knows the situation I can say that this man was NOT set up in any way, shape, or form. Everything that is said about him is probably true and people who think he's a "sweet man" should try to be married to him. This is just the first time he's been reprimanded for his actions. He has destroyed his life, his daughter's life, his education, his career, and his reputation (what was left of it.)
I have never met a person who had more dirty secrets than this man & I think he deserves any sentence that is brought upon him. He has no one to blame but himself, and himself alone. I, for one, am mentally exhausted of hearing about him.
And for anyone else's 411, there was no custody battle. I have full custody; he gave no fight. But there was no Facebook "hacking" or solicification on my part. And that's all I have to say. Tell your friends. Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is peppers diner any good? 42 min Sarah L 8
Cheating Spouse 1 hr Tristan 4
Hey Democrats 1 hr Tristan 3
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,934
Wished she was mine. Help 2 hr Gerroldean 29
News New Italian Restaurant in Beckley (Apr '16) 2 hr thesaurus 29
Woodlawn: neighborhood in decline 10 hr Sofa King 4

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages