First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ARH BOYS CLUB

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 23, 2011
If you were to look at my name, you would think that meant I was part of the power of ARH Hospital. Quite the contrary. I am one who is sick and tired of how this Administartion will protect their own yet are firing people left and right and breaking the contract simply to weaken the union and save money at any cost, even poor healthcare for the community of Beckley WV. The gang of Rocky, Bob , Rob, and Sue have demonstrated that they could care less what the union contract states and they have fired many employees. One would wonder why are they doing this. I implore the Steel workers union of ARH hospital to take notice and awaken yourself before it is your turn.
I will also state the reasons for this careless hatred they demonstrate to the employees of ARH Hospital.
1) The past contract states that a new hire will have to wait (3) years to reach full pay for his/her posistion. That means if they replace me at my position they will save approx $5 dollars per hour saving them atleast $10,000 per year. If they fire 30 employees and they have, then that alone will save them $300,000 a year.
2) Due to the obama administration healthcare provision, older employees who have larger families will cost them more for insurance then a younger couple just starting out and with no or a child or two. I have 6 children on my policy. I cannot give an estimated savings here but please understand ARH Hosptial is self insured and so therefore they feel the cost directly and not as a group plan.
3) As a senior employee of ARH Hospital I have served them for 20 years or so and my last review was good and I was tied for the best cost percentage of my department. I earned 5 weeks a year working many christmas, thanksgiving, and other holidays over that 20 year period. A new hire does not get a vacation until after a year of service.
4) Workers compensation- ARH Hospital are removing older employees because they are concerned that a 50 year old nurse that is helping a large person to move ,is more likely to be hurt then a younger counterpart.
So my fellow employees and steelworkers, You need to wake up because your turn is next. Also the good citizens of ARH communities, I assure you that the one performing that test on you this week, may be done by the one the Dr made me redo last week, because of low quality.
If you are facing these circumstances then please let me know or if you have been fired and you are on workers compensation. These gutless people who hide behind their posistion are going to be stopped the right way
MAGPUL

Charleston, WV

#2 Feb 23, 2011
ARH BOYS CLUB wrote:
If you were to look at my name, you would think that meant I was part of the power of ARH Hospital. Quite the contrary. I am one who is sick and tired of how this Administartion will protect their own yet are firing people left and right and breaking the contract simply to weaken the union and save money at any cost, even poor healthcare for the community of Beckley WV. The gang of Rocky, Bob , Rob, and Sue have demonstrated that they could care less what the union contract states and they have fired many employees. One would wonder why are they doing this. I implore the Steel workers union of ARH hospital to take notice and awaken yourself before it is your turn.
I will also state the reasons for this careless hatred they demonstrate to the employees of ARH Hospital.
1) The past contract states that a new hire will have to wait (3) years to reach full pay for his/her posistion. That means if they replace me at my position they will save approx $5 dollars per hour saving them atleast $10,000 per year. If they fire 30 employees and they have, then that alone will save them $300,000 a year.
2) Due to the obama administration healthcare provision, older employees who have larger families will cost them more for insurance then a younger couple just starting out and with no or a child or two. I have 6 children on my policy. I cannot give an estimated savings here but please understand ARH Hosptial is self insured and so therefore they feel the cost directly and not as a group plan.
3) As a senior employee of ARH Hospital I have served them for 20 years or so and my last review was good and I was tied for the best cost percentage of my department. I earned 5 weeks a year working many christmas, thanksgiving, and other holidays over that 20 year period. A new hire does not get a vacation until after a year of service.
4) Workers compensation- ARH Hospital are removing older employees because they are concerned that a 50 year old nurse that is helping a large person to move ,is more likely to be hurt then a younger counterpart.
So my fellow employees and steelworkers, You need to wake up because your turn is next. Also the good citizens of ARH communities, I assure you that the one performing that test on you this week, may be done by the one the Dr made me redo last week, because of low quality.
If you are facing these circumstances then please let me know or if you have been fired and you are on workers compensation. These gutless people who hide behind their posistion are going to be stopped the right way
I used to be a steelworker, non-union of course, buy I don't understand how nurses are part of a steelworkers union. Also, I hope that unio deteriorates into oblivion because whe all of the nurses went on strike, everyone blamed the hospital, but the union compromised the lives of innocent people.
half staff

Pineville, WV

#3 Feb 23, 2011
MAGPUL wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be a steelworker, non-union of course, buy I don't understand how nurses are part of a steelworkers union. Also, I hope that unio deteriorates into oblivion because whe all of the nurses went on strike, everyone blamed the hospital, but the union compromised the lives of innocent people.
The short staffing compromises the lives of people there everyday.
ARH BOYS CLUB - Beckley

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 24, 2011
LPN 's are steel workers.

(everyone blamed the hospital, but the union compromised the lives of innocent people.)

The hospital compromises the quality of healthcare every day with the hiring of non qualified persons to perform life threating test. Having a degree doesnt automatically mean you are qualified to perform a test that will determone whether someone lives or dies, does it? The manager always states they will fix the problem but never does.

This threads main concern is to make ARH employees aware what the hospital management is doing and to right the wrong of illegally firing those on workers compensation. It is not intended to become a debate about whether the union should exist. I assure you that for every one thing you can say about the union , I can say 5 about the hospital.
ARH BOYS CLUB - Beckley

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 24, 2011
Also I have two questions for you.

If the nurses went on strike, how did the steel workers union compromise lives?

How were you a steel worker and you were non union?
MAGPUL

Newark, NJ

#6 Feb 24, 2011
ARH BOYS CLUB - Beckley wrote:
Also I have two questions for you.

If the nurses went on strike, how did the steel workers union compromise lives?

How were you a steel worker and you were non union?
Just like being a non-union coal miner, and a non union pipefitter.
ARH BOYS CLUB - Beckley

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 24, 2011
Just like being a non-union coal miner, and a non union pipefiter

To work at ARH as a steel worker you have to be in the union
meeeeee

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2011
ARH BOYS CLUB wrote:
Email me. mandi_dawn17 @ yahoo.com . I am a former employee
ARH BOYS CLUB - Beckley

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 26, 2011
Since I already have an imposter here Please email me anything you wish to share to arhquestion@yahoo.com
anonymous

Brownsville, TN

#10 Sep 2, 2012
hey yall news on arh its fixing to switch to only one insurance plan that covers you for anything for them cant remember the name but i thought the info might be useful pass it along
omar

Lubbock, TX

#11 Sep 4, 2012
better than rg
worthless

United States

#12 Sep 4, 2012
ARH is worthless to work for. They talk about how they are all about caring for people and there family but when it comes to u or your children being sick they don't care. Also they are all about these organization with helping the community and abuse, bullshit. A former employee i know that worked there got fired cause her husband was harrassing her at work and out of work and he called and complained on her and was making falls complaints and they had no sympathy for her cause he had any abused her several different ways and she got a protective order for her and her family for protection and he thought this was funny and a way to get back at her. Well wrong cause know his child is suffering not her. Cause he is a worthless piece of shot pill head that don't pay her any child support. Rocky, Bob Wayne, sue and terry can all go to hell. They don't support this community. They lost a excellent worker. There loss!
Wendy

Beckley, WV

#13 Nov 18, 2012
Administration there is horrible. It really is the good ole boys club.
MUAHAHAHAHA

Lubbock, TX

#14 Nov 18, 2012
The contract now calls for a 5 year wait on any new hire getting a raise. I used to set up unions back in my day and I will tell you this. Your union at ARH is doomed. Best way to kill a union is to make sure union members are not union loyal. You will never ever ever get union loyal people to replace those retiring, dying, or having to quit if new hires cant get a raise. Why would they stay when your union has allowed such to happen. Now you can blame your president all you want, but the fact of the matter is the majority of you voted on this. You thought hell it dont effect me, but in the end, you work short staffed, cant keep anyone, and when the most loyal union members you have retire, die off, or get fed up and quit, they will vote your union out. Also the RNs there being in a seperate union gives you no barganing strength what so ever. If everyone, RN, LPN, house keeping ect was under the same contract you would have a union that corporate would fear, but as it is you dont.
Wanda Monroe

Lubbock, TX

#15 Nov 18, 2012
I recently had to visit ARH's ER becuase of a family member. I was treated like I was a worthless dog by not the nurses, but by their management when I had a mere question to ask concerning what I needed to do to have an MPOA set up since my dad has come down with dementia. The managers name is Kay Babbit, which I was informed later by another nurse that she was their ER director. If it is my dying breath and I have to go to the hospital again, I will beg for death before I ever go back to the ER at ARH so long as this monster continues to work there.
Wendy

Beckley, WV

#16 Nov 18, 2012
If you complain to your union rep nothing gets done.
Missy

Beckley, WV

#17 Nov 18, 2012
All they want is your money
Panda

Beckley, WV

#18 Nov 18, 2012
Is Bob W. a male? Just wondering.
Sweetie

Beckley, WV

#19 Jan 4, 2013
Barb is a garbage hospital. A ghetto trash hospital. Tried to get a test done there but they would not register me. Not to worry got it done elsewhere. Sue Thomas is probably gonna rot in hell for all the crap she has done to others she is a dirty bitch.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Beckley, WV

#20 Apr 6, 2013
worthless wrote:
ARH is worthless to work for. They talk about how they are all about caring for people and there family but when it comes to u or your children being sick they don't care. Also they are all about these organization with helping the community and abuse, bullshit. A former employee i know that worked there got fired cause her husband was harrassing her at work and out of work and he called and complained on her and was making falls complaints and they had no sympathy for her cause he had any abused her several different ways and she got a protective order for her and her family for protection and he thought this was funny and a way to get back at her. Well wrong cause know his child is suffering not her. Cause he is a worthless piece of shot pill head that don't pay her any child support. Rocky, Bob Wayne, sue and terry can all go to hell. They don't support this community. They lost a excellent worker. There loss!
u r right they don't care and i know who ur talking about that got fired because of her husband but u can thank the skanky nurses and the even worse security guards there for that, if the nurses and guards would keep their underwear up past their ankles for five minutes and leave people alone things like that wouldn't happen, after they let her go things got a little better cause one of the guards (probably the worst) left cause he was caught sleeping with several nurses and patients and rumor was he worked for a garage for a few months then ol pizza face had to come back to the hospital and is already starting up the skank wagon and stirring more shit so just be expecting more innocent people getting fired, hopefully if the rumor is true about the security loosing their contract is true they can get some of the garbage out of there for good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
99.5 wjls big dawg (May '10) 4 min SueAnn 35
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr Doug77 5,795
Corrupt Ral Co Assessor ? 1 hr WOW 13
ATV Parts Plus Grand Opening a Big Flop 1 hr brute force rider 14
Another One Bites The Dust 2 hr HAHAHAHA 1
Is there a god? (May '10) 2 hr Diggler 374
Maple Fork Road 2 hr curious 12 15
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE