Dr. Matthew Nelson
canada_wondering

Beckley, WV

#41 Feb 21, 2013
Dang..he did fine by my Mom...staph is everywhere in these hospitals..did not mean he was the cause of you getting it.
been there

Princeton, WV

#42 Feb 25, 2013
unsatisfied wrote:
My kneecap went behing my leg and contuines to do so and he just said grit your teeth rotate it back and I do but can't walk 5 ft w/o happenin I wish what is causing it I keep it wrapped but still does it any ideas??????
you should see Dr Morgan at the Orthopeodic Centers of the Va's. It's located in Princeton and he is a wonderful Dr. Good bedside manner's and very up to date on everything!!! he has treated my daughter 4 or 5 times for torn ligaments and tendon's. He treated me for both knee's. He is great!!!
Worried Now

Pineville, WV

#43 Mar 5, 2013
I hoped I would fine answers here. But you can't trust people to tell the true about doctors anymore.
Because he told you something you did NOT like now he's a bad DOCTOR that's why people go to Charleston Wv or out of state to there doctors then you complain because these doctors and our nurse leave. When will you be happy? I'm my brothers keeper I thought we all felt like this. One day you will need to know about a doctor but you will Stop and think is these people telling the truth think about it you will be in my shoes on day. Needing someone to tell you the truth.
Bad Hip

Pineville, WV

#44 Mar 11, 2013
I have seen several orthopedic doctors around the area but I still have to go to Morgantown, or possibly out of state for my problem. I have a torn Labrum in the right hip and the Bursa has to come out as well. The last orthopedic doctor I seen was in Princeton (Orthopedics Of The Two Virginia's). Most of the orthopedic dr's may do ok when it comes to a knee, elbow, or shoulder but IF you have to have something done to your hip, then it is best to go to Morgantown or out of state, if possible. My doctor that I see at Princeton told me that he COULD NOT do the surgery and his colleagues couldn't do it either because of everything that is wrong with my hip now. I had also seen Dr.Nelson, liked him but did not like his bedside manner so I did not go back to him again. I'm not about to let one of those quacks in Beckley cripple me the way I've known of them to do so many others. I recommend the "Orthopedics Of The Two Virginia's" because they DO know what they are doing and they won't play games or beat around the bush!! Good luck to everyone!

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Oak Hill, WV

#45 Apr 23, 2013
I am terrified.. now don't know what to think.. have to take my son to see him soon.. for scoliosis.
against stupidity

Beckley, WV

#46 Apr 24, 2013
I would not see him if he was the last orthopedic surgeon in the tri-state area. He is more concerned with quantity instead of quality. I know a few people who have been treated by him and they have problems now. I've heard wonderful things about Branson and Morgan though.
Disgusted

Mount Hope, WV

#47 Apr 25, 2013
JaNSaN6979 wrote:
I am terrified.. now don't know what to think.. have to take my son to see him soon.. for scoliosis.
Took my daughter to him for chronic muscle and back pain despite her pediatrician telling us he wouldn't recommend it. He referred her at my request because she was suffering and I was tired of traveling to Morgantown. He said she was doing great! She is NOT doing great! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD THERE! We will stick with Dr. Lynch in Morgantown.
against stupidity

Beckley, WV

#48 Apr 25, 2013
Worried Now wrote:
I hoped I would fine answers here. But you can't trust people to tell the true about doctors anymore.
Because he told you something you did NOT like now he's a bad DOCTOR that's why people go to Charleston Wv or out of state to there doctors then you complain because these doctors and our nurse leave. When will you be happy? I'm my brothers keeper I thought we all felt like this. One day you will need to know about a doctor but you will Stop and think is these people telling the truth think about it you will be in my shoes on day. Needing someone to tell you the truth.
The truth is he is a bad doctor.
1 post removed
me me me

Beckley, WV

#50 Apr 25, 2013
I went to him for my shoulder.in six months I WAS BACK IN THE GYM.SHOULDER IS DOING GREAT.
Doctor Tallman

Beckley, WV

#51 Apr 26, 2013
He is not a good doctor he is full of it.
deb

Beckley, WV

#52 Aug 5, 2013
mr nelson does not deserve to be called dr. over a year ago he did knee surgery on me and after that I was so messed up I was in the hospital over 100 days and 4 operations later I. am still in pain and can hardly walk I was in Morgantown 2 months and they saved my life and my leg. pls. do not go to mr. Mathew nelson.
Wondering

Beckley, WV

#53 Aug 6, 2013
Was you messed up because of an infection?
hmm

Beckley, WV

#54 Aug 6, 2013
I wouldnt let my dog see nelson.
me me me

Oak Hill, WV

#55 Aug 7, 2013
going back to get my knee checked out.great dr.
mother

Charleston, WV

#56 Dec 6, 2013
JaNSaN6979 wrote:
Take him to Dr. Shuff at Neurological Associates in Chas. He's an orthopedic spine surgeon and specializes in scoliosis. My child sees him and we love him.
Boy Scout

Craigsville, WV

#57 Jan 7, 2014
Please, Do not let Dr. Nelson perform ANY type of surgery. I am NOT, nor have ever been an employee of Dr. Nelson. I work for a family practice physician, & we have sent several patients to WVU in Morgantown, to correct surgeries that Dr. Nelson did incorrectly.
injured

Roanoke, VA

#58 Feb 25, 2014
Terrible you have to wait for ever and you still might not be seen secretary is very rude
1 post removed
mary

Beckley, WV

#60 Nov 1, 2014
what about Dr, scibetta, is he a good orthopedic surgeon? anybody know

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#61 Nov 2, 2014
Worried Now wrote:
If you want to know the real truth about a doctor, just look them up by name on the WV Medical Licensing Board website! It's free, it will tell you all the details of his education, specializations, any extra or advanced training, years in practice and where, and any lawsuits or censured received due to malpractice or complaints.

I never go to any doctor or medical professional without checking their license first!
Tya

Bowling Green, KY

#62 Nov 3, 2014
Two Cents wrote:
I have taken my daughter there for two separate injuries. I have nothing bad to say about the doctor personally, however his front office employees and the way they treat patients is ridiculous. My daughter was scheduled at 7:45 am and did not see Dr. Nelson until 11:30. Wake up Doc! Hire people who are fit to work with the public- the lady who schedules acts like a miserable cow! I will not go back to his office simply because of his rude, inconsiderate, unprofessional staff!
Please don't go to home I had a basketball injury he said I needed surgery when I got a done and was bout to get m. Pins out he ttold me I had to leave them in for a lil bit longer this other doctor told me I never needed anything done but Nelson all bout money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any businesses in Beckley that do car title loans? 58 min Legal Beagle 10
What is this world coming to? 1 hr ShadowKnight V 76
Best place to eat in beckley 1 hr Nobody069 23
Beckley Mayor Too Cowardly to Stop Unsafe Stree... 1 hr just sayin 8
Beckley Tops Lists of WORST PLACES TO LIVE 4 hr Hookers for Jesus 5
United Cycle PARTS RIP OFF (Jan '10) 4 hr Ruff Ryders 157
Appalachia Towing & Recovery 4 hr Close Neighbor 4
More from around the web

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE