dudly

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Is it legal in WV for first cousins to get married?
Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 18, 2013
no its not but it is legal to eat roadkill if your the one that hit it
dudly

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2013
So if they did get married.Does this mean the marriage is not legal?
Hehehe

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jan 18, 2013
dudly wrote:
It is legal for First cousins to get married as long as they don't marry each other. Hope that answers your question. Me and all of my First cousins are married but, we don't live in WV.
dudly

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2013
I am seeking some real input on this. No stupid or juvenile jibber jabber.
Hehehe

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
dudly wrote:
I am seeking some real input on this. No stupid or juvenile jibber jabber.
I thought question was jibber jabber!

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#7 Jan 18, 2013
dudly wrote:
No.

CHAPTER 48. DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
ARTICLE 2. MARRIAGES.

48-2-302. Prohibition against marriage of persons related within certain degrees.

(a) A man is prohibited from marrying his mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, granddaughter, half sister, aunt, brother's daughter, sister's daughter, first cousin or double cousin. A woman is prohibited from marrying her father, grandfather, brother, son, grandson, half brother, uncle, brother's son, sister's son, first cousin or double cousin.

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/Code.cfm...
Burl n Lucy Wizzleworth

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
hourglass wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
CHAPTER 48. DOMESTIC RELATIONS.
ARTICLE 2. MARRIAGES.
48-2-302. Prohibition against marriage of persons related within certain degrees.
(a) A man is prohibited from marrying his mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, granddaughter, half sister, aunt, brother's daughter, sister's daughter, first cousin or double cousin. A woman is prohibited from marrying her father, grandfather, brother, son, grandson, half brother, uncle, brother's son, sister's son, first cousin or double cousin.
http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/Code.cfm...
I had planned to bring my Wife to Mountain Lake Lodge in WV and redo our marriage vows, but now I have reservations due to your laws that are pertinent to marriage. Being that she is my Wife and so close in kinship to me, now it looks as though she is going to be brokenharted when I tell her we can't get reget married in WV. What is your State coming to when a man and wife can't get married there in that beautiful State?
dudly

United States

#9 Jan 18, 2013
My dad married his first cousin. I was wondering if the marriage is even legal. Thats all I was trying to find out. I think its awful. But thats just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 20 min jtr304 1,064
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Meme 4,409
Commodities to replace foodstamps 10 hr Realnews 20
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 10 hr Jon_B 7,491
MRSA at Raleigh general wound care center 11 hr Sick to death 1
woay tv (Aug '09) 12 hr Max 109
Got a black girlfriend today. Praise black Jesus 15 hr Fullmetal Alchemist 6

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance