Eve

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 24, 2011
Does anyone know where i can take my son to get him on a suboxone program? I called Dr Love and they r not accepting patients with no insurance. WhO else offers this program for cash paying patients? And how much does it cost/
Recovering

United States

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Don't do the suboxone program. I've been drug free for nine years suboxone is highly abused and gets u high. The problem is you get hooked on it and can't get off of it. I don't care what the Dr says I see it often with other addicts. He needs to go to a NA 12 step meeting and sit down and listen try to get to know someone he fills comfortable with and ask them questions. Hardest part of addiction is coming off of drugs cuz it is a awful sickness and your scared of the sickness, we know cuz when we run out of dope it starts the sickness so he knows how bad it is and it's scary. Once off of drugs you still have to deal with the disease of addiction ( the mess that is created between your ears) THE BRAIN!!!!! Addiction is a disease and needs to be dealt with for the rest of your life or you will stay high. But go ahead and let him make you feel like shit and get the suboxone for him cuz we as addicts can talk anyone in to anything manipulating We r the best at it. You need. To put your foot down and practice some tough love!!! Good luck it's not a easy journey!!!
kudos

Fincastle, VA

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Seneca health services in lewisburg. The program is free if u qualify, u only pay for the meds which are pretty expensive but u only get a week at a time so it makes it easier.
Carl

Logansport, IN

#4 Jan 25, 2011
All the above posters are right, you have to have a GOOD support group in the home and outside the home. He has to pick drug free friends to hang with (thats tough). Suboxone blocks the opiate cravings in the brain, but then you have to get yourself off the suboxone which is very difficult. If you Google Suboxone there are alot of discussions about it. We found out the best way to quit Suboxone is cold turkey not weaning yourself off a little at a time, but you have to do whats best for you. Its a long process, give him understanding and support. Good Luck
Eve

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 19, 2011
I lost my baby sister to a drug overdose after useing the tough love method. I stopped calling every ten minutes and allowing her in my home and she is now dead. I refuse to do the same with my son. I need to know where i can go to a cash accepting dr that will put him on a program and wean him off this. The cold hard truth is that if i dont at least try this he can still go out and get ahold of something that could kill him. Weather or not i help him, he is still going to use. At least this gives me a little hope that with the medication and counsiling he can beat this. I have to try this. Please just tell me who offers this program and how much it costs. Phone numbers would be greastly appriciated. Thank you.
1 post removed
Baby

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Feb 19, 2011
There is a clinic in Charleston called Prestera 1143 Dunbar Ave . phone no.1 877 399 7776. God bless you and your son.I will be praying for you both. Dr. Hanson has A great success rate,something like 70%. Please keep us informed of his progress.
mich

Lubbock, TX

#8 Feb 21, 2011
Stanaford Clinic does the suboxone program. It is very expensive for cash paying customers.$85 every visit which is usually weekly, the cost of the suboxone which is a little less than $10 a pill (average of $125 a week if started on two pills a day) & drug test fees.
patty

Tarboro, NC

#9 Feb 21, 2011
mich wrote:
Stanaford Clinic does the suboxone program. It is very expensive for cash paying customers.$85 every visit which is usually weekly, the cost of the suboxone which is a little less than $10 a pill (average of $125 a week if started on two pills a day) & drug test fees.
This program at stanaford medical clinic saved my life. & lots of money too. Dr. Jafarys NOT Powers is awesome and listens.
christina

United States

#10 Feb 25, 2011
There r several suboxone clinics around. Google them. I use to b the nurse that ran the suboxone program for dr love. It was 300 inital program fee then if no insurance 125 to 150 per week. Lots of people thought that was high, but compared to prices of illegal drugs its cheaper. There is no way of persons getting high off suboxone unless they cut it on intent of getting high. If used properly it does work I have seen it work. But the thing to remember is no one can force anyone to get clean they have to do it for themselves or it will not work.
Answers

Rocky Mount, NC

#11 Mar 1, 2011
suboxone is no help I was in it and its on the streets like pills so go to the methadone clinic its not all over the streets and it does help
Carol

Tarboro, NC

#12 Mar 1, 2011
Eve wrote:
Does anyone know where i can take my son to get him on a suboxone program? I called Dr Love and they r not accepting patients with no insurance. WhO else offers this program for cash paying patients? And how much does it cost/
I was on oxycodone by prescription from a car wreck so..i was innocently addicted. I went to Dr. Jafary's a year ago today and have not hd any problems. He is very thoughtful and listens to every word he doesn't rush you, he is sympathetic. Please try this route you will save a life cause it saved mine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Stewart 17 min Lindat 1
Dave Tolliver Pushes for 1% Ral Co Tax 23 min Stanley Lieber 4
Airport Video (Nov '10) 1 hr ThisIgottasee 136
suddenlink $$$$$$$$$$$ 1 hr citizen1 1
Arron Portis (Aug '12) 2 hr F no 5
Man hit in wheel chair 7 hr John Black 7
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 8 hr _FLATLINE-------- 6,857
Wh&%es of Beckley 8 hr Captain Rehab 46

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web