Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 2, 2013
LOL

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/02/18...

There goes compromise out the window huh?...Unbelievable:)

No more rules or regulations for any organization or group, just throw them out the window...
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Shootist wrote:
LOL
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/02/18...
There goes compromise out the window huh?...Unbelievable:)
No more rules or regulations for any organization or group, just throw them out the window...
Surely you are not suprised.
The parent who allowed a cub scout to march in the parade in his uniform should be arrested and have their child taken away. A cub scout should be making pinewood derby cars, not being used to make political statements.
1 post removed

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#4 Jun 2, 2013
The Mormons "Building Bridges" is slick PR on the part of the church. Mormon doctrine forbids the act of sex between two people of the same gender; however, it will accept members into the faith who are same gender attracted. So, the church's evolving position is that it is OK to be gay (in thought), just as long as you don't have sex with someone of the same gender (practice).

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/12/0...

The Church of LDS did lobby heavily with the BSA to lift their ban on gay scouts.

Mormons walking in a Pride Parade--a strange intersection of religion and culture...

Level 8

#5 Jun 2, 2013
Boy Scouts are not allowed to wear their uniforms at events supporting social or political positions. According to the link in Post 1, they must remain neutral at all times:

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2012/09/20/...

http://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ro...

Oooops!!!

:)))
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#6 Jun 2, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
The Mormons "Building Bridges" is slick PR on the part of the church. Mormon doctrine forbids the act of sex between two people of the same gender; however, it will accept members into the faith who are same gender attracted. So, the church's evolving position is that it is OK to be gay (in thought), just as long as you don't have sex with someone of the same gender (practice).
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/12/0...
The Church of LDS did lobby heavily with the BSA to lift their ban on gay scouts.
Mormons walking in a Pride Parade--a strange intersection of religion and culture...
Thanks for the info. I had wondered about all the Mormon support (but obviously not enough to look it up) You are right, about strange intersection of religion and culture. They still dont allow cafine consumption, but are ok with homosexuality. Did they find some more lost scripture?

Level 8

#7 Jun 3, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. I had wondered about all the Mormon support (but obviously not enough to look it up) You are right, about strange intersection of religion and culture. They still dont allow cafine consumption, but are ok with homosexuality. Did they find some more lost scripture?
Lol. No, Joseph Smith's golden plates still have not surfaced.

It's a religion based on continuing revelations, the current living prophet is Thomas Monson. He has twelve apostles that serve with him. According to the Mormon faith, God speaks through Monson.

The Mormon's "building bridges" campaign seems inconsistent. It's perfectly acceptable to be a Mormon and be attracted to the same gender--as long as that attraction does not manifest itself in sex. I'm not sure how Mormons define "sex", so I have no idea what the boundaries are.

I guess the message to the congregation is that you don't have to disown a family member, friend, or fellow Mormon who admits to being gay--it's puzzling, because the Mormons appear to be standing down on the issue of gay marriage:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/m...

They've stopped funding efforts against same sex marriage ... I'm really puzzled, I have no idea what's going on. Here's a wild guess ... maybe they feel that it will open a door towards legalizing polygamy.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#8 Jun 3, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. No, Joseph Smith's golden plates still have not surfaced.
It's a religion based on continuing revelations, the current living prophet is Thomas Monson. He has twelve apostles that serve with him. According to the Mormon faith, God speaks through Monson.
The Mormon's "building bridges" campaign seems inconsistent. It's perfectly acceptable to be a Mormon and be attracted to the same gender--as long as that attraction does not manifest itself in sex. I'm not sure how Mormons define "sex", so I have no idea what the boundaries are.
I guess the message to the congregation is that you don't have to disown a family member, friend, or fellow Mormon who admits to being gay--it's puzzling, because the Mormons appear to be standing down on the issue of gay marriage:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/m...
They've stopped funding efforts against same sex marriage ... I'm really puzzled, I have no idea what's going on. Here's a wild guess ... maybe they feel that it will open a door towards legalizing polygamy.
Where gay marriage is legal, how can they continue to legally deny polygamy? The whole agrument for gay marriage was (I even heard President Obmama say it) that people should have the right to love whoever they want. If I have a right to love another man, why dont I have the right to love two women (assuming I could find two to love me). That is a whole different conversation.
Have we now not reached the point where a family is just whatever we chose to call it?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 3, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Where gay marriage is legal, how can they continue to legally deny polygamy? The whole agrument for gay marriage was (I even heard President Obmama say it) that people should have the right to love whoever they want. If I have a right to love another man, why dont I have the right to love two women (assuming I could find two to love me). That is a whole different conversation.
Have we now not reached the point where a family is just whatever we chose to call it?
You're in luck...in a polygamus marriage I doubt love has anything to do with it. You have lots of money, right?
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#10 Jun 3, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in luck...in a polygamus marriage I doubt love has anything to do with it. You have lots of money, right?
It is my understanding that a lot of the women in those polygamists cults are on welfare.

Level 8

#11 Jun 3, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that a lot of the women in those polygamists cults are on welfare.
Very true ... Few mainstream Mormons in Utah are on welfare, but the fundamentalist Mormons (especially cults like Colorado City) are heavy welfare abusers.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#12 Jun 3, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true ... Few mainstream Mormons in Utah are on welfare, but the fundamentalist Mormons (especially cults like Colorado City) are heavy welfare abusers.
Are you saying the HBO Series Big Love is not very realistic. LOL

Level 8

#13 Jun 3, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the HBO Series Big Love is not very realistic. LOL
I've never seen the show, so I cannot comment further ... that should keep the Bug happy.

:)

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#14 Jun 3, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
OF course it does.. don't you think CP might be a big hearted loving man?... He might have love in his heart for multiple partners.. Who are we to judge?....What happened to your "liberalism" on this subject?:)
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#15 Jun 3, 2013
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
OF course it does.. don't you think CP might be a big hearted loving man?... He might have love in his heart for multiple partners.. Who are we to judge?....What happened to your "liberalism" on this subject?:)
thanks for the vote of confidence. LOL

Location hidden

#16 Jun 4, 2013
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was talking about the women, not the man. I don't know any woman who would willingly share the man she loves. Ergo, they marry for some other reason. So CP doesn't need to be lovable to multiple women, just have another reason why they would want to marry him...like lots of money.

(I hate having to explain all my comments.)

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#17 Jun 4, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I was talking about the women, not the man. I don't know any woman who would willingly share the man she loves. Ergo, they marry for some other reason. So CP doesn't need to be lovable to multiple women, just have another reason why they would want to marry him...like lots of money.

(I hate having to explain all my comments.)
Here I'll explain it to you ... What's about 6 inches long, got a head on it & girls love it?
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#18 Jun 4, 2013
Bug Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I'll explain it to you ... What's about 6 inches long, got a head on it & girls love it?
Too bad that all you contribute to discussions are vulgar comments and attempts to control where & what others have the right to make comments. Dumb, redunant and vulgar.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#19 Jun 4, 2013
actually it comes under the freedom of speech thingee. between the two I would rather hear Lesson Learned's leftism than vulgarity but in actuality Bug aint given, is aint given good English, if it aint let me know, Bug aint given the answer. hold tight to your seats.

Location hidden

#20 Jun 4, 2013
dunadd wrote:
actually it comes under the freedom of speech thingee. between the two I would rather hear Lesson Learned's leftism than vulgarity but in actuality Bug aint given, is aint given good English, if it aint let me know, Bug aint given the answer. hold tight to your seats.
Regardless of his answer we know what his intent was, don't we?

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#21 Jun 4, 2013
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that all you contribute to discussions are vulgar comments and attempts to control where & what others have the right to make comments. Dumb, redunant and vulgar.
Shame on you .. I don't call you bad things :-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Daddy Rabbit Graphics 7 min Badonkadonk 34
Post by Harold about Jamie Lilly Hall 37 min Prnceton_wv1 1
Colton Davis and Traci Hylton 2 hr Lizzie Sue 2
suddenlinks phony upgrade 2 hr Freedoms Road 55
Help save downtown Beckley, WV 2 hr Beckleyian 2
Cheating 3 hr case no 7013224375 10
Are white people of the seed of satan (Mar '12) 4 hr WalkingInWillows 160
Dr love clinic closing 10 hr got what he deserved 23
Beckley Dating
Find my Match