Next Last
Just Me

Beckley, WV

#1 Feb 16, 2011
Ever ate there?
almost everyday

Beckley, WV

#2 Feb 16, 2011
I eat there almost everday! Excellent food and reasonably priced!
Skeptical

Princeton, WV

#3 Feb 16, 2011
Love it. Probably not the cleanest place but no one beats their mama anne' burger and onion rings. Best hamburger in town
love2eat

Roanoke, VA

#4 Feb 16, 2011
Where is this place located?I've never heard of it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Feb 16, 2011
Couple shops down from Lost Parrot. They have the best cheeseburgers in town, for real.
Country Boy

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Feb 16, 2011
Have ate there for years since it was at the old bus station.Food is great and you get what you pay for.And the portions are larger than any other resturants in this area with home cooked meals.Mama,Gary and everyone keep up the good work.
NIKKI

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2011
Oh man there banana split is the best
dudedog

Beckley, WV

#8 Feb 16, 2011
sounds good, ima have to visit. How is lost parrot, it a good place to goto ?
Just Me

Beckley, WV

#9 Feb 17, 2011
The Lost Parrot is pretty boring, I think there may even be a forum about it on here. If you like to dance, play pool or a lively crowd u are better off going somewhere else. This just seems like a place to watch sports or hang out. Diring the summer it's nice outside on their decks but still pretty boring.... a "sit down" bar.
1 post removed
Appreciate Good People

Beckley, WV

#11 Feb 17, 2011
The owner's son doesn't wear an apron and he cooks there for eight hours a day, maybe that's why he looks that way. As far as trash hanging out there, Mama Anne is one of the few people in this town who accepts all people who walk in her door. Everyone is welcome, probably comes from the fact that they ran the bus station for four years and there were people from all walks of life who rode the buses. Thank you, Mama Anne for not judging people and treating all people with respect.
The Daughter

Beckley, WV

#12 Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for all the kind words, my Mom has put her heart and soul into that place and continues to work harder than any other person I have ever met to ensure that her buisness succeeds and that her customers leave happier than what they were when they come in .
The food is terrific the atmosphere is family oriented and fun , and although it gets hectic sometimes, there is nothing that compares to home cooked meal in a place that makes you feel like family.
The laughs, jokes , stories, friends , and memories we have had along the way surpass anything bad anyone could ever say about our family or our buisness. Many buisnesses have came uptown since we were there, and many have failed.That alone says something about us.
As far as cleanliness goes, never once have we failed a health inspection, had negative write ups in the paper or hit the news because of uncleanliness and we pride ourselves in the fact that the Health inspector brags everytime she is in there. The only mess you may run into is dirty dishes on a table from a customer that may have just left, and for those of us who work hard for a living, we know that not everything is perfect all of the time.
As far as "Beckley trash" goes. We also pride ourselves in the fact that everyone is a part of where we've been,what hurdles we've jumped and how far we have come in reaching a goal my mother has devoted her life too. Whether it be a lawyer or doctor from uptown Beckley or the homeless man on the street starving, our door is open to whomever is hungry. If you are too good to sit with other Beckley citizens , I recommend that you pack your lunch and eat alone with all your unpleasantness.
Again, I thank the ones who have posted such great things about our restaraunt and hope that you continue to enjoy yourselves at our restaraunt we appreciate your buisness , and your help in helping my Mother live her dream.
hey

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Feb 17, 2011
hello mama, daughter, son and all you nice folks there. haven't been there for a while. but if you still have it on the menu, i'll have the pork chops. yum yum
The Daughter

Beckley, WV

#14 Feb 17, 2011
lol, we have different specials every day, you are surely missing out if you havent been there lately. Today was roast beef , shrimp scampi or taco supremes..... I had the roast beef today ... NUMMY!!! Come on up ! Or we deliver!!:)
kenneth meador

Rocky Mount, NC

#15 Feb 17, 2011
i was there yesterday and could not finish my burger it is huge everything is good i was going today but they clse early and they deliver
ashley

Beckley, WV

#16 Feb 18, 2011
Yes "daughter" you are right and I know this because I am the other daughter. Its really pathetic that someone has to get on this post after such wonderful words are said about mom's business just to trash it. I come from a family that believes that all people breath the same air, their money spends the same way, and everyone has to eat to survive. That is one less customer we need because we have many loyal customers who don't mind eating with the less fortunate. I personally think its great that we don't discriminate against anyone because of what they look like or where they come from. Lots of people eat there everyday some of our "regular" customers consist of; lawyers, judges, police officers, soldiers, retired veterans, doctors, nurses, teachers, the list goes on and on, it doesn't matter how much money someone has, just as long as they can pay for their delicious home cooked meal. Hopefully the biggot that wrote that horrible comment will be too ashamed to come back to eat at MAMA ANNE'S because you sir are the customer we DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else is welcome to come try out mama's wonderful food. Daily specials are great everyday and plenty of other menu items to choose from. Thank you to everyone who has helped make my mom's dream come true!
Corinne

Beckley, WV

#17 Feb 18, 2011
Beautifully said baby sister .... and Kenneth, soon our hours will be extended to our spring time hours !!:)
low class place

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 18, 2011
dirty sort of low class restaurant. to bad beckley cant get some classy places.......a bunch of drugs and thugs go there...
beckley woman

Beckley, WV

#19 Feb 18, 2011
dirty looking rest. and people...............needs to clean up and I agree...they need to class it up.............

Location hidden

#20 Feb 18, 2011
It isn't the Char people. It is a mom n pop, in this case just mom, restaurant. A diner! Why the heck do they need to class it up? I think the place is cute.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 18, 2011
Just realized "low class" and "beckley woman" are the same person. Good try.

Lets support our local restaurants, especially anything trying to make uptown alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linda K. Epling Stadium (Jul '12) 2 hr cold hard facts 45
I'm so high that I'm seeing purple chicken nugg... 8 hr so lame 5
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 8 hr Tbuck95 42
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 10 hr So_da_lish_us 7,314
Women: Mirena IUD (Nov '11) 15 hr Terry 24
The Monon inside the White House 17 hr Russiasucks 12
Does anyone remember a Pediatrician named Dr. B... (Mar '11) 23 hr mount olive worker 25

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages