Applebees on Harper Rd

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Never Again

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Applebees sucks!! they can't quit drug dealing long enough to even wait on anyone!! We sat in the curb side and sasw at least 4 deals right in front of us!! SAD SAD We wnt few months ago and said never go back!
1 post removed
Never Again

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 28, 2012
It is getting bad every where really!! But the past few times we have gone the curb side door is used more for dealing and going out to their car then waiting on customers!! Guess if they quit getting tips and ppl stop going in there . wont have money buy the crap!! Oh no wait Ill be buying them for them cause my butt will be working and them sitting on there butts getting high
pointless

Beckley, WV

#4 Dec 29, 2012
They have gone downhill. Terrible service last time I went there
lol

United States

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Then dont go back. All anyone ever writes about on here anymore is how bad restaurants suck. Who cares...1
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Once again people who never had to work in fast food, or restaurants dont have any clue at all! Walk a week in their shoes lets see how far some idiots will go, & lets see how far they take the public freedom of speech!
server

United States

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Exactly. Nobody gets it. You throw 100 orders at a kitchen in twenty minutes and expect your food in ten. Yeah right. People are clueless.
Never Again

Beckley, WV

#8 Dec 29, 2012
I wasn't saying anything about working in fast food!1 I have worked in fast food my self!! It was the DRUG DEALING OUTSIDE PPL!!!!the curb side door was a being used like a drive thru at Mcdee's.. The food is always great! but when ur waitress goes outside for 20 mins and u don't get your food etc then thats bad service!! Food was great just COLD where it had to wait
capitalist pig

Lubbock, TX

#9 Dec 29, 2012
server wrote:
Exactly. Nobody gets it. You throw 100 orders at a kitchen in twenty minutes and expect your food in ten. Yeah right. People are clueless.
People are not clueless. Applebees has been a dump for years. Quit going there a couple of years ago. Service was horrible, place was dirty. Everyone gets a bad experience in a restuarant from time to time and people can see when the restaurant is overwhelmed. That place is in bad need of management.
server

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2012
As i said..no idea.
1 post removed
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#12 Dec 29, 2012
server wrote:
As i said..no idea.
I've had good service and I've I had bad service. Last several times I was at applebees the service was terrible and the place was dirty. I know the difference between when a resturant is busy and when it has poor management.
Sick of it

Newark, OH

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Short, hefty, blonde bartender is so bad. Was also out of straws.
server

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Well you said yourself you haven't been in years...
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#15 Dec 29, 2012
server wrote:
Well you said yourself you haven't been in years...
Thas right, everyone I talk to who goes there complaints. Maybe you are a good waitress. If so you probably could make better tips somwhere with a better reputation. Your loyalty however is appreciated. I always tip well for good service. I shouldnt, but I even tip for bad service. If you notice, all my complaints were about the management, it is their job to make sure the place is clean and adequately staffed.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 29, 2012
I ate lunch at Appleby's a lot when I lived in FL and the food and service were good. I haven't eaten at the Beckley Appleby's but have at the Princeton Appleby's and the service was fine but the food was awful. Won't eat there again.
Sweet

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 29, 2012
My husband and I used to eat there almost every week on our "date night " , but a few months back the service started going way down hill . After a couple weeks of horrible service , we decided to take our business elsewhere .

“I pity the fool...”

Level 3

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Yeah with crappy service going on we have many places to go now..
server

United States

#19 Dec 29, 2012
Fair enough...everyday we hear both sides..." oh its so much better than before" or "oh its so much worse" dependa on the day and the single experience.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#20 Dec 29, 2012
server wrote:
Fair enough...everyday we hear both sides..." oh its so much better than before" or "oh its so much worse" dependa on the day and the single experience.
Ok, I will try applebees again sometime in the near future.
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#21 Dec 30, 2012
I used to work there for 7 years! I quite in june sooooo tired of the public, & the food issues brought on the server like they cook the food in the first place! I agree with cp, it should be mangers out in the dining room ,& the kitchen manager should help out instead of bad mouthing the employees that is catching attitudes from customers as well as kitchen staff! In May beckley applebees hired new managers & staff! The new gm is trying everything possible to get customers, & employees happy & in shape! She is smart, & she will listen & will try to resolve issues! If anyone catches employees doing drugs in the parking lot tell the manager, they automaticly drug test individuals, & send them home until the test comes back. Glade to help! Like I said try walking in their shoes! You should be glade of your jobs until you had to get a job like the food industry, to support your family!
Canada wondering

Beckley, WV

#22 Dec 30, 2012
Servers I agree can do only so much...if the kitchen cant get out quality food it dont matter how nice the waitperson is..and how hard they work..I watched a server go check on my food several times and it was not ready..she apologized over and over...kept working hard so I knew it was not her fault..the kitchen dont work for tips so why do they care?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mossy Rock Tree Service 50 min ItsAboutTime 1
wwhs new principal 54 min Yeah right 3
Obama Cares 2 hr ShadowKnight V 74
Shootist 2 hr Shootist 4
why do most Black People live on Welfare 3 hr fake Beckley legacy 19
You Can't Handle the Truth? (Mar '13) 5 hr Mount Hope Poser 409
Cracker Cartel 5 hr Mount Hope Poser 23
shooting in beckley 6 hr otf304 37
Beckley Dating
Find my Match