First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Jun 23, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not unemployed and yes, it's nice to have the time to factcheck and counter your liberal spin. You'd be surprised how much I know and how I gained that knowledge. For what I don't know (yet) I read and research. I do appreciate the articles you submit - it gives me a lot of material to work with and increases my political knowledge. Thank you!
Oh, last year you told me you didn't work...would you find that post for me?

All that you know are rightwing spins on facts and that doesn't count for very much with knowledgeable people.

Location hidden

#23 Jun 23, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't read left-wing sites.
You don't but others will....LOL

Location hidden

#24 Jun 23, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
It is amazing all the finger pointing about overseas jobs at a time when companies are actually bringing jobs back to the united states. How about the government focus on what it can do to help continue that trend. Or maybe just stay the hell out of the way.
As Vox pointed out, China is having its own problems. Remember when Japan was going to overtake the United States. One thing people forget is that the Japanese and Chinese are imitators and not intovators. They have been good at copying American products and selling an inferior product at a lower price. Americans are getting tired of buying inferior, dangerous and toxic products. The last thing the Chinese invented was gun powder.
I have one of those inferior products....a television that has sound that is as irritating as a parrot squawking. The only way it's bearable is to have it at almost the lowest decibel. I should have returned it but I had it in the spare bedroom for a couple of years and used it only when I was on the treadmill and didn't realize how horrible it was.

BTW, manufacturing jobs are coming back to the USA under the Obama administration...is that what you meant to say? LOL
2 posts removed
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#27 Jun 23, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't but others will....LOL
Actually I do look at them...just finished my reply...look up
1 post removed

Location hidden

#29 Jun 23, 2012
Look up? Was that one of the two posts that were removed?

Location hidden

#30 Jun 23, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
Look, it is not really that complicated. If you are a giant U.S. corporation, you can either make stuff here, or you can make stuff overseas where it is far, far less expensive to do so.
http://conservativepapers.com/news/2011/09/10...
By all means then, let us move our manufacturing jobs overseas where it's less expensive to manufacture, even though they turn out to be inferior products.

My, my, my!
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#31 Jun 23, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means then, let us move our manufacturing jobs overseas where it's less expensive to manufacture, even though they turn out to be inferior products.
My, my, my!
The alternative in a lot of cases is to go bankrupt or just shut down. At least the products are sold and someone here in AMerica makes a dollar or two from the sales.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#32 Jun 23, 2012
Hey, when you are President you get to shoot at anything that flies and claim anything that falls.
You cant show any Obama policy that has helped that happen. it is called capitalism. American companies are discovering that all that glitters is not gold. It is profitable for them to manufacture here. But yes Obama can take the credit becaause it happened on his watch, just as soon as he takes credit for high unemployment, lower home prices and rising deficit. Yeah right. LOL

Location hidden

#33 Jun 23, 2012
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The alternative in a lot of cases is to go bankrupt or just shut down. At least the products are sold and someone here in AMerica makes a dollar or two from the sales.
Oh come on! American corporations are making money hand over fist and a lot of it is coming from China. If they were going broke they couldn't have afforded to move to China. Get real!

Location hidden

#34 Jun 23, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
Hey, when you are President you get to shoot at anything that flies and claim anything that falls.
You cant show any Obama policy that has helped that happen. it is called capitalism. American companies are discovering that all that glitters is not gold. It is profitable for them to manufacture here. But yes Obama can take the credit becaause it happened on his watch, just as soon as he takes credit for high unemployment, lower home prices and rising deficit. Yeah right. LOL
Presidents can't pass laws...they can only advocate and Obama has advocated plenty for bringing jobs back to the USA. We ALL know that the rightwingers in congress have made a pact (with the devil?...I don't know) to stop any Obama initiative from bearing fruit even though it hurts the country.

And the debt (not the deficit) would increase if we didn't spend another dime because of the interest on the debt that George Bush and others left for Obama to deal with.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#35 Jun 23, 2012
capitalist pig wrote:
It is amazing all the finger pointing about overseas jobs at a time when companies are actually bringing jobs back to the united states. How about the government focus on what it can do to help continue that trend. Or maybe just stay the hell out of the way.
As Vox pointed out, China is having its own problems. Remember when Japan was going to overtake the United States. One thing people forget is that the Japanese and Chinese are imitators and not intovators. They have been good at copying American products and selling an inferior product at a lower price. Americans are getting tired of buying inferior, dangerous and toxic products. The last thing the Chinese invented was gun powder.

"Americans are getting tired of buying inferior, dangerous and toxic products."

AMEN, glory hallelujah brother:)
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#36 Jun 23, 2012
And the Obama spin never ends.
HOMIE1

Beckley, WV

#37 Jun 23, 2012
The only true dif between Romney and Obama is skin color nothing major is going to change.If romney is electedtime will prove me right.So dont get your hopes up heis no better than what is already in office
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#38 Jun 24, 2012
The Fact Checker:

The Pinocchio Test

The Obama campaign fails to make its case. On just about every level, this ad is misleading, unfair and untrue, from the use of “corporate raider” to its examples of alleged outsourcing. Simply repeating the same debunked claims won’t make them any more correct.

4 Pinocchios for Obama’s newest anti-Romney ad

Regarding the outsourcing claims, we have frowned on these before. The Obama campaign rests its case on three examples of Bain-controlled companies sending jobs overseas. But only one of the examples — involving Holson Burns Group — took place when Romney was actively managing Bain Capital.

Regarding the other claims, concerning Canadian electronics maker SMTC Manufacturing and customer service firm Modus Media, the Obama campaign tries to take advantage of a gray area in which Romney had stepped down from Bain — to manage the Salt Lake City Olympics — but had not sold his shares in the firm. We had previously given the Obama campaign Three Pinocchios for such tactics.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

Location hidden

#39 Jun 24, 2012
Maybe Fact Checker should read the Washington Post story last week that detailed all the jobs sent overseas by Bain Capital companies while Romney was very much a part of it. I trust the Washington Post to get the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 min polite 1,654
Beckley Corruption Going for LAND GRAB ANNEXATI... 17 min polite 5
Michael Shawn Shively OUT OF JAIL AGAIN 3 hr Jonathan 3
shannon frazier dead 4 hr Amen 32
natalie and jack 4 hr Name the men 82
wanting to buy a female pitbull puppy (Mar '12) 5 hr Diggler 168
Bojangles Raleigh Mall area opening soon. 5 hr Enter Username 7

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance