Finally got those dirty coal miners o...

Finally got those dirty coal miners outta work

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
obamenomics

Tarboro, NC

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Finally Obama's policies have started having an effect around here. I've been waiting 20 years for the EPA to do something about what the mine industry has been doing to our mother earth. With all they lay-offs and mine closing I can really see the government taking care of business. As for the dumb@$$es who have mined coal for years sorry bout your luck maybe try going to college.
coal miner

Clay, WV

#2 Feb 5, 2012
well i guess u can pay us to be out of work then cause ur taxes is what pays us to be out of work and the coal we mine is what keeps ur power going so i we set on my ass and u can pay me.
obamenomics

Tarboro, NC

#3 Feb 5, 2012
Thats crazy my lights are still on and would you look at that my computer still works too. I didn't say to sit on your ass and do nothing kinda speaks volumes about what kinda person you are. Oh well I guess all you know is minin' coal.
coal river east

Beckley, WV

#4 Feb 5, 2012
i hope you don't depend on money from this area to put food on your table. it's all coal money. just wait in a few months you will be crying let's put the miners back to work....
geez

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2012
College isn't for everyone. Coal miners make money therefore they spend their money. If they aren't making any then what about the local economy. Explain that. I hope you don't ever have to deal with being laid off. I've been there and its not good. Coal miners have more self worth and don't want to be bums like you are
obamenomics

Tarboro, NC

#6 Feb 6, 2012
No fortunately for me I have an engineering degree and have a nice job planning wind farms. You know dealing with some real space age sh!t. Didn't wanna have to scrape by in a hell hole covered in dirt and constantly wondering when the terrible industry I work in is going to collapse again.
coal miner to

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2012
yeah and after u do the wind mills ur ass will be just like us unemployed u people dont know shit about coal mining we work hard and provide for our familys
retiredandlovini t

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 6, 2012
obamenomics wrote:
No fortunately for me I have an engineering degree and have a nice job planning wind farms. You know dealing with some real space age sh!t. Didn't wanna have to scrape by in a hell hole covered in dirt and constantly wondering when the terrible industry I work in is going to collapse again.
I've read several articles that discussed windmills and never have I heard it described as space age technology. Just how many years have windmills been used to generate power? As for you being an engineer, nice try but I don't think so.

Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 6, 2012
The local economy will go to hell without coal mining. Like it or not, coal mining is the foundation of the southern wv economy. Without the mines to pump money into this hell hole we call home, it becomes more of a shit hole than it already is. My, my, I really need to move.

Level 3

Location hidden

#10 Feb 6, 2012
As far as wind turbines being space age? Get real, and stop being a poser. Yes, wind turbines, not windmills. I have never met an engineer that calls them windmills. Whats wrong, is the truth about yourself embarrassing?
sadie grace

Richwood, WV

#11 Feb 6, 2012
Shame on you for wishing anyone to lose there jobs, I am a coal miners daughter and proud of it,you should be putting all that energy into getting drugs off the streets, sounds like you are bitter over something, may god bless our coal mines and our coal miners, as for you I wish you the best .
to the bigheads

Seth, WV

#12 Feb 6, 2012
To all you miner's with the big head's now you can shrink back to the normal side of life! Now you all made fun of people on welfare and ssi now what the hell you going to do? I think its funny as hell you bunch of assholes are losing you high paying jobs, lets you come back down to the poor folk level! They can call you cheif-wahoo-littlehead now bitch's!!!
please

Beckley, WV

#13 Feb 6, 2012
The entire state wasn't laid off, nor is it going to be. I would not gloat just yet.
Core

Capon Bridge, WV

#14 Feb 6, 2012
obamenomics wrote:
Finally Obama's policies have started having an effect around here. I've been waiting 20 years for the EPA to do something about what the mine industry has been doing to our mother earth. With all they lay-offs and mine closing I can really see the government taking care of business. As for the dumb@$$es who have mined coal for years sorry bout your luck maybe try going to college.
Nobody in the mines has a degree? That's laughable. Going to college is not an easy out either. What young people need now is specialized skills in electronics,computer science and the like. College. You're an educated horse that can't drive a straight nail.
Level 4

Location hidden

#15 Feb 6, 2012
obamenomics wrote:
If YOU are what College produced, I bet many are glad they didn't attend the one YOU were in.
Why don't YOU learn to READ and actually READ a History book, YOU may learn something about what the coal mines have done for this country. BUt of course anyone who would uphold a islam lovin President who has done everything to destroy America and every energy source and Jobs...we can not expect you to be very intelligent .

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Feb 6, 2012
obamenomics wrote:
What an oxymoron! You hug your trees talking about "Mother Earth" and then say you plan wind farms. LMFAO! There is no disturbance in to the earth there.....not. You should go to Cold Knob in Greenbrier county and see just what an impact the wind farms have. What about the poor little birds, bats, deer, etc.... Grow up and live your life being thankful for what you have and thankful to the hard working people in the world that give it to you. And by the way...... my brother is a coal miner and has a Master's degree. You didn't accomplish that much going to school to be an engineer (if in fact you even are one).

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 6, 2012
Wind turbines have been around since 1888.
Now if Humphry Davy invented the first incadescent light in 1802 and others followed until Edison came along and found a filament that lasted over 1200 hours, just to shorten this whole thing Edison improved the heck out of the lightbulb and made it more workable. The others failed to last long enought to become useable.
But to get to the point if Edison improved the bulb that much and it has advanced to what we have today, why have the wind turbines not moved ahead?
Could it be that they just will not do what is truly needed to keep the lights on?
Look how the storage battery improved from the original conception, the phonograph, the computer and on and on. But wind turbines really have not broken that much new ground industial wise. Maybe it would be smarter to put that engineering degree to use in another field.
I am all for saving the earth, but you cannot plunge mankind into synchronized black outs to bring this about. The era of civilization advancement has arrived. We cannot go back. But we can find better methods of using the"tried and true" natural resources that abound. Remember wind is a fickle natured phenonomen. It may be blowing like crazy today and then go silent for a time. You cannot put a harness on this part of nature. Man has created chaos and havoc in his endeavors to do so with other parts of nature.
sicking

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 6, 2012
it makes me sick that people get on here talking shit about the coal minners,they are very few of them left,you should be proud of them becouse once they are gone they will be no more the younger generation has found a easer way out they have got strung out on drugs and run to docters so they can help them get there ssi check and then there medical card and food stamps and then the goverment sets back and says they are going broke wonder why.i wouldent worrier to much about the coal minners we have a much bigger problem (drugs)they need to work on getting that under control.idont think anyone hast to have a collage degree to figer out how the drug problem got out of control.try and fix something that needs fixing and leave our coal miners alone.
coal hog

Beckley, WV

#19 Feb 6, 2012
first place they need to turn the power off is in washington DC and then see if this country saves any money.yall worrie about the enviorment but jump jets to fly all over the country to raise money for yals tree hugging campane.
just wondering

Beckley, WV

#20 Feb 6, 2012
why does tree huggers talk shit about a coal miner and nobody says anything about these timbering companies coming in here cutting thousands of trees down and picking out the best ones and leaving the rest lay on the ground to rot.i ahve seen what it looks like when a timbering company is finished cutting all the trees that they want it looks like a tornado has came threw.but have you ever seen a mine site when they are done it is one of the prittiest sites you will ever see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GoodBye Beckley -- BRICK BY BRICK 8 min Marcy 3
Affinity Coal 50 min u b trippin 3
good martial arts place (Aug '11) 1 hr Carlisle tang 66
billy payne 2 hr reaper 7
John Kerry 4 hr Marcy 1
Phillipine President 5 hr Bruno 1
Rick Agnor 5 hr johnny 3

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance