County Commission continues political...

County Commission continues political feud

Posted in the Beckley Forum

informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Aliff accuses Tolliver of not being a team player. He goes on to say that before Tolliver he can't remember the commission EVER having a 2-1 vote on any issue.

What?? Everyone was always in agreement? How fortunate. How many other times and situations can you remember 3 ever agreeing on everything? Aliff accuses Tolliver of not being a team player. Aliff and Reed aren't displaying value of team sports if we follow Aliff's idea of being a team player.

I don't want team players - I want discussion, careful consideration of facts and what's good for the county and someone opening their mouth if they have an opinion or objection. For too long the county has followed a rubber stamp agency and the President (the one who's running in the next election) is the only face on the agency. Truly I believe Raleigh county needs to add a few more commissioners (Jefferson county has 5 commssioners). Three doesn't seem to be working in this county.
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#2 Aug 22, 2012
Why,I thought Pastor Matt Epling's mother,the one the new stadium was named after,was running for that.

Did I ever tell anyone why I blocked him from my facebook page? I got sick and damned tired of seeing picture after picture of his fancy meals at restaurants day after day with all the starving people in this area.

Billy
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#3 Aug 22, 2012
The proof is there,Matt,no slander nor libel involved.

Billy
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Aug 22, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
Why,I thought Pastor Matt Epling's mother,the one the new stadium was named after,was running for that.
Did I ever tell anyone why I blocked him from my facebook page? I got sick and damned tired of seeing picture after picture of his fancy meals at restaurants day after day with all the starving people in this area.
Billy
Yes, Aliff isn't running this time and Linda Epling was running against John Wooten. "Someone" challenged Wooten's eligibility so he withdrew and Sherrie Hunter (associated with landfill/solid waste authority) has been appointed to fill Wooten's spot against Epling.

I like Wooten and don't understand why he couldn't have just been allowed to run and recused himself from voting on the proseuctor's budget.

http://www.register-herald.com/todaysfrontpag...
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#5 Aug 22, 2012
Geez--think of all those "business meals" the taxpayers will pay for. Escargot and champagne,anyone?

Billy
Twidle dee

Columbus, OH

#6 Aug 23, 2012
Sherrie will be backing out very soon as well.
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#7 Aug 24, 2012
We be cursed by a few by this,you know? To ever-lasting damnation. The Wrath will descend upon us,God backs them. Woe is me!! No,that was not stirring,it was pure evil sarcasm at it's best.

Billy
SAY WHAT

Beckley, WV

#8 Aug 24, 2012
Sounds like tey got the same thing going on in the county commission as they did at MSU. maybe they can cloe the county before too long.
Twiddle Dee

United States

#9 Aug 24, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
We be cursed by a few by this,you know? To ever-lasting damnation. The Wrath will descend upon us,God backs them. Woe is me!! No,that was not stirring,it was pure evil sarcasm at it's best.
Billy
Matt's in really good shape. I doubt he is eating too much.
I bet your a fat ass.
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#10 Aug 24, 2012
At first impression,yes. However,Mother Earth has blessed me with a very heavy-boned skeletal structure and far above average muscularity. Lower than most percentage of body fat compared to weight.

Billy
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#11 Aug 24, 2012
Look at the facts. Rich family. Stadium in her name,(a good piece of propaganda there),county commission decides if buildings can be built or not among other things,I see very possible conflicts of interest.

Billy
Bill-y

Ogden, AR

#12 Aug 24, 2012
Matt is also overweight,soft,and very in to bragging where he is dining at and what he is eating. What was that economic term------conspicuicuous consumption? Yes,him showing the pictures offended my sensibilities. If we are to presume that his behavior was imprinted on him in his childhood then we must look to the parents as being the teachers.Ipso Facto I would not want her on the county commission. It would be just another case of thinking for self before the public.

Billy
lauren

United States

#13 Aug 24, 2012
Billy I don't have the courage to say I m in love with kiss me I teach ur tongue new tricks7
Twiddle Dee

United States

#14 Aug 26, 2012
Bill-y wrote:
Matt is also overweight,soft,and very in to bragging where he is dining at and what he is eating. What was that economic term------conspicuicuous consumption? Yes,him showing the pictures offended my sensibilities. If we are to presume that his behavior was imprinted on him in his childhood then we must look to the parents as being the teachers.Ipso Facto I would not want her on the county commission. It would be just another case of thinking for self before the public.
Billy
I guess It's good they don't allow felons to vote.
Rick

United States

#15 Aug 26, 2012
I applaud Commissioner Tolliver for standing up to the other commissioners and looking out for the tax payers. We need to elect more like him, that's why I'm voting Republican this go round.
Beentheredonetha t

Beckley, WV

#16 Aug 26, 2012
Rick wrote:
I applaud Commissioner Tolliver for standing up to the other commissioners and looking out for the tax payers. We need to elect more like him, that's why I'm voting Republican this go round.
That makes two of us. It is time to get another not in the click. That will make 2 out of 3 and the little click will be broken. Then they can revisit the Humphrey county administrator position, and get someone in that position that will work for the commission. Not someone the voters voted out.
Rick

United States

#17 Aug 26, 2012
Amen to the last post!
Twiddle Dee

United States

#18 Aug 27, 2012
Beentheredonethat wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes two of us. It is time to get another not in the click. That will make 2 out of 3 and the little click will be broken. Then they can revisit the Humphrey county administrator position, and get someone in that position that will work for the commission. Not someone the voters voted out.
That makes 3 of us.
Vote Kay Eppling in November.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Care 37 min Nut crusher 14
To the girlfriend of a dude named mike 52 min lisa 3
ashley lilly 1 hr rachel 10
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr Jon_B 6,444
Tonia Garcia 1 hr Gary 7
black lives dont matter to blacks at all 3 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 22
Nurses at VA 4 hr Jerold 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages