Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Elkins, WV

#1 Nov 5, 2011
Needed to purchase 55 Squares of Owens Corning shingles today. Waited 45 minutes; no help. Not one person said I'll be with you as soon as I can. Hotta, nothing. Went to Means and got first class service !!!
john

United States

#2 Nov 5, 2011
Same thing happen to me! I was wanting to buy a washer and dryer. Pushed the need help button 3 times and after standing their 30 minutes decided to take my business else where
LOL

Beckley, WV

#3 Nov 5, 2011
You waited 45 minutes? In the same place? Why didn't you ask for help?
tiger

Beckley, WV

#4 Nov 5, 2011
Same thing happened to me at Wal-Marts. I waited over two hours for someone to get my milk and eggs! No help!
Been There Done That

Fayetteville, WV

#5 Nov 5, 2011
Went to Lowes yesterday A woman was leaning on the counter in flooring.Her name tag had Melony on it.She said the department manager was down the isle next to the carpet.Her name was Linda.I have did it I found a person at Lowes who knows what they are doing and will go out of their way to help you.I got my flooring with no problems.When I left Melony was in her same position holding down the counter.
The shame of it is for every one good employee there is 5 there to do nothing.
LOL

Beckley, WV

#6 Nov 5, 2011
Been There Done That wrote:
Went to Lowes yesterday A woman was leaning on the counter in flooring.Her name tag had Melony on it.She said the department manager was down the isle next to the carpet.Her name was Linda.I have did it I found a person at Lowes who knows what they are doing and will go out of their way to help you.I got my flooring with no problems.When I left Melony was in her same position holding down the counter.
The shame of it is for every one good employee there is 5 there to do nothing.
You should NOT put names on here!
Shame on you! Now, post your name!
john

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2011
Lowes is not like walmart so why u r comparing it I don't know. Lowes is suppose to have people in every department helping customers. And when someone hits the need help button someone should go help that person
Loves it

Beckley, WV

#8 Nov 5, 2011
Dont you love those narcissistic commerical builders who park their vehicles in the loading area, and go inside and shop? I've seen the bearded moron from NPW construction doing that and some others.

I'm sure Lowes is too scared to tell them to stop doing that. Afraid they will lose a nickel.
funny bunny

Fairmont, WV

#9 Nov 7, 2011
tiger wrote:
Same thing happened to me at Wal-Marts. I waited over two hours for someone to get my milk and eggs! No help!
walmarts?
tiger

Beckley, WV

#10 Nov 7, 2011
funny bunny wrote:
<quoted text>walmarts?
Haha! You know, like K-Marts! Lol-
runner

Beckley, WV

#11 Nov 8, 2011
Well if you don't like the place, don't go! It's as easy as that.

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#12 Nov 8, 2011
This tip might come in handy for someone. I'd waited on assistance at Staples one day and finally called their phone number from my cell phone and asked for help. Haha, I was pretty fed up, but I have to admit that it was fun doing that and listening to them talking to me up at their main desk while I stood there looking at them, talking back on my phone.
tiger

Beckley, WV

#13 Nov 8, 2011
hourglass wrote:
This tip might come in handy for someone. I'd waited on assistance at Staples one day and finally called their phone number from my cell phone and asked for help. Haha, I was pretty fed up, but I have to admit that it was fun doing that and listening to them talking to me up at their main desk while I stood there looking at them, talking back on my phone.
I don't understand why people stand and wait for help. I'm the type of person that will ask for help when I need it. There is no way I would ever just stand and wait for someone to help me when I've yet to ask. You have to keep in mind that you are not the only customer at any retail store. You wait your turn in a drive thru line to get your food, why not wait your turn in a check out line. Can you believe that Wendy's only has one drive thru line and people wait 30+ minutes to get a .99 hamburger!?!
We as customers have to remember that the retail workers are humans also.
I'm glad we have a local walmart, sears, and Lowes.
tiger

Beckley, WV

#14 Nov 8, 2011
hourglass wrote:
And one other comment to you...
The whole time your wasting someones time on the phone they were prob getting cussed out by another customer for being on the phone. If that's what you call fun, you're an idiot!

Topix

#15 Nov 8, 2011
tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why people stand and wait for help. I'm the type of person that will ask for help when I need it. There is no way I would ever just stand and wait for someone to help me when I've yet to ask. You have to keep in mind that you are not the only customer at any retail store. You wait your turn in a drive thru line to get your food, why not wait your turn in a check out line. Can you believe that Wendy's only has one drive thru line and people wait 30+ minutes to get a .99 hamburger!?!
We as customers have to remember that the retail workers are humans also.
I'm glad we have a local walmart, sears, and Lowes.
Patience is one of my virtues, but, when necessary, I customarily assert myself differently than I had on this particular occasion at Staples. A handful of the employees were all up at the service desk talking with each other and ignoring customers. I'd thought that calling them on the phone would have a more favorable, as well as humourous effect, and it did. I just offered it as a tip if anyone else should care to give it a try if the circumstances warrant it.
Man, those new Wendy's burgers are great.

Topix

#16 Nov 8, 2011
tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
And one other comment to you...
The whole time your wasting someones time on the phone they were prob getting cussed out by another customer for being on the phone. If that's what you call fun, you're an idiot!
Well, forever more.
Bob

Beckley, WV

#17 Nov 8, 2011
Lowes is closeing stores all over the country !! Laying off employees !! I like Means and allways have and I use to mow D O Means grass when I was a kid !! Back when gas was like 15 cents a gallon.
Back then you had Quality Lumber,Meadows Lumber Crab Orchard Planeing Mill Gray Lumber Southland and only Means still exists !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Senator Jeff Mullins, "Congratulations" 2 hr r stewart 30
WOE BE to the Beckley Common Council 3 hr Sad2bCnUH8 9
Michael chambers 3 hr sistersalvation 3
Darren Wilson 4 hr carmen 22
Why do people hate lesbians (Dec '12) 5 hr goldstone report 66
Shelly Capito's Denmark Junket (Jan '10) 5 hr BONDI Junkets 24
wtf beckley pd 9 hr StopTheZombiesMov... 48
Ferguson protests planned everywhere if Darren ... 18 hr FDG 55
Beckley Dating
Find my Match