mayb tomorrow it be you

Beckley, WV

#1 Oct 25, 2009
After reading several discussions, there were many persons questioning putting persons names, and data on here to identify the "victim" of the day. The arrest discussion , mentioned the rules of a forum several times..also several other personal stories with details on here were so unnecessary and fueled by personal vengence, I need to know the rules of this forum, as I like to discuss politics alot and mining issues.
tea party man

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 25, 2009
there should be rules for this red neck blow gutting. gettn out of hand,,there all going to hell for this...gossipmonging--people with no selfesteemlikn to tear people apart. this was suppose to be to share ides about news.,not whos this and whos that, and who is having sex with who, and whi is a horriblecoach, and where teachers live and what manager is arrested and etc...where are the rules, or are we wide open with the throddle to the floor, if so God help us all.
why it matters

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2009
tea party man wrote:
there should be rules for this red neck blow gutting. gettn out of hand,,there all going to hell for this...gossipmonging--people with no selfesteemlikn to tear people apart. this was suppose to be to share ides about news.,not whos this and whos that, and who is having sex with who, and whi is a horriblecoach, and where teachers live and what manager is arrested and etc...where are the rules, or are we wide open with the throddle to the floor, if so God help us all.
Unfortunately, some people use this forum as a tool for vengence. A good example is the thread about the school teacher and her "so called" sexual exploits.

As for those who get arrested, this is "news." Those who find themselves in this situation find their names in local newspapers and sometimes on local tv. Forum writers who give the names of those arrested have every right to do so...it is information that is available to the public. As for the coaches, they willingly put themselves in the position of possible ridicule...just like politicians. Those who put themselves in the public eye also put a bullseye on their own backs, whether they deserve denunciation or not.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 26, 2009
The comments and threads that violate the "Terms of Service" that everyone agrees to when they post on topix can be removed...(Even though the initial damage will remain in people's minds)....Use the "Send us your feedback" below the commment box, follow the directions, and if the post violates the terms of service, Topix will remove it..Hope this helps:)
(Explain why you think the post or thread violates the terms of service)
Good Grief

Beckley, WV

#5 Oct 26, 2009
Wow, Topix has never asked me to agree to any terms of service. In fact, I have never "joined". It just lets me post. That being said, apparently there are no rules.
And apparently, people don't realize their identities can still be found through their ISP address, and they can be sued for slander.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Good Grief wrote:
Wow, Topix has never asked me to agree to any terms of service. In fact, I have never "joined". It just lets me post. That being said, apparently there are no rules.
And apparently, people don't realize their identities can still be found through their ISP address, and they can be sued for slander.
Obviously you need to read (below the box you are commenting in) where it says:Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.
"AINT" that what it says?...The terms of service ARE the "rules."
Good Grief

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Yes, you're right, I see it now. But those words are so small and put down below like an afterthought, no wonder I never noticed.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 27, 2009
Good Grief wrote:
Yes, you're right, I see it now. But those words are so small and put down below like an afterthought, no wonder I never noticed.
Didn't mean to sound like a smart "A"...It is small and hard to see:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ibex supervisor 34 min Robert 2
Good teachers you encountered 2 hr past teachers 1
What happened to Denise Smoot? 2 hr DaveT 2
Finally at Woodrow! (Oct '15) 3 hr Notyouraveragebitch 12
News Review of King Tut Drive in Located in Beckley,... (Dec '09) 10 hr Yikes 61
Womens Resource Center 19 hr WRC 1
Deputy Roger Richmond - ADIOS (Sep '16) 20 hr Waiting on karma 43

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages