Concerned Citizens Rally for Dorner

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Dozens of protesters rallied outside Los Angeles police headquarters Saturday in support of Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer and suspected killer of four who died after a shootout and fire this week at a mountain cabin following one of the biggest manhunts in recent memory.

Protesters told the Los Angeles Times they didn’t support Dorner’s deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner’s claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner’s death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.

Michael Nam, 30, who held a sign with a flaming tombstone and the inscription “RIP Habeas Corpus,” said it was “pretty obvious” police had no intention of bringing Dorner in alive.

Get ready store owners, looks like the need some new TVs and sneakers.

“One fish... Two fish... ”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Opportunity is everywhere

#2 Feb 17, 2013
I agree that Dorner's methods of revenge were criminally wrong.

The circumstances surrounding his firing did make me suspicious that he might have been "railroaded" by the LAPD. Which my no means justifies his actions.

This story reminded me of a twisted version of the movie "The Punisher".

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 17, 2013
The LA police department has had a deserved reputation of bias against blacks and latinos so I guess those who have suffered because of it might have some sympathy for at least the circumstances that reportedly drove Dorner to go on his murderous spree.

Can you just imagine the fear and horror of that couple who came face to face with Dorner in the cabin where he hid.

I saw a photo of one large black man who was wearing a sign around his neck that said "I'm not Dorner". And it didn't look like a joke.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Lesson Learned wrote:
The LA police department has had a deserved reputation of bias against blacks and latinos so I guess those who have suffered because of it might have some sympathy for at least the circumstances that reportedly drove Dorner to go on his murderous spree.
Can you just imagine the fear and horror of that couple who came face to face with Dorner in the cabin where he hid.
I saw a photo of one large black man who was wearing a sign around his neck that said "I'm not Dorner". And it didn't look like a joke.
This not Rodney King's LA.
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 17, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
I agree that Dorner's methods of revenge were criminally wrong.
The circumstances surrounding his firing did make me suspicious that he might have been "railroaded" by the LAPD. Which my no means justifies his actions.
This story reminded me of a twisted version of the movie "The Punisher".
Lets for argument's sake say he was railroaded. Dont you think his actions proved that the police department was right to remove him. Not saying it was right to remove him, dont know the facts, but he obviously had some problems.

Level 8

#6 Feb 17, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets for argument's sake say he was railroaded. Dont you think his actions proved that the police department was right to remove him. Not saying it was right to remove him, dont know the facts, but he obviously had some problems.
I think I made it clear in my previous posts that it in no way justified his subsequent actions. From what I read, the LAPD in firing him ruined his life.

Here's a question for you--why do you believe he announced his intentions in a "manifesto"?
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I made it clear in my previous posts that it in no way justified his subsequent actions. From what I read, the LAPD in firing him ruined his life.
Here's a question for you--why do you believe he announced his intentions in a "manifesto"?
I did not in anyway think that you supported his actions. I was just saying that his actions supported the idea that he had some problems.
As far as a manifesto, dont lots of nut jobs write manifestos. didn't the unibomber have one? Now there is no doubt that the man felt badly wronged, but killing innocent people only points more to his mental problems.
1 post removed
Obama Clooney 2016

Pineville, WV

#9 Feb 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="capitalist pig
Get ready store owners, looks like the need some new TVs and sneakers.[/QUOTE]

Your racism knows no bounds!
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Obama Clooney 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your racism knows no bounds!
I guess you missed the Rodney King Riots. Am I supposed to believe that people were justified in robbing and destroying property. Funny how real racists like you see racism in my statement but dont see any racism in that animal smashing Reginald Dennys skull with a cinderblock.
It is understandable that you are an Obama supporter who wants to divide the country along racial, ethnic and economic lines for his own political gain. As long as you support the most racist president since Woodrow Wilson it is a joke to call me a racist.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 17, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed the Rodney King Riots. Am I supposed to believe that people were justified in robbing and destroying property. Funny how real racists like you see racism in my statement but dont see any racism in that animal smashing Reginald Dennys skull with a cinderblock.
It is understandable that you are an Obama supporter who wants to divide the country along racial, ethnic and economic lines for his own political gain. As long as you support the most racist president since Woodrow Wilson it is a joke to call me a racist.
When have you ever shown any sympathy for Rodney King or any other black or latino person? You accuse liberals of seeing racism only in white people while you see it only in black people. Or at least that is what your comments indicae.

You need to pluck the mote from your own eye.
For the record

United States

#12 Feb 17, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Many totally normal people suffer tragic events and go off the deep end. Just sayin.
The guy, to me, was obviously an honest cop beforehand. I doubt if we've heard the real story of what he told.

Level 8

#13 Feb 17, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not in anyway think that you supported his actions. I was just saying that his actions supported the idea that he had some problems.
As far as a manifesto, dont lots of nut jobs write manifestos. didn't the unibomber have one? Now there is no doubt that the man felt badly wronged, but killing innocent people only points more to his mental problems.
I've only read parts of his manifesto, but this was interesting:

“I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPD’s actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD. In essence, I’ve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and knew I was INNOCENT!!! Capt Phil Tingirides, Justin Eisenberg, Martella, Randy Quan, and Sgt. Anderson all knew I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. Teresa Evans career..."

Dorner was a naval intelligence officer. It's hard to believe someone with his background and clearance level could have been a previously undetected "nut job".
capitalist pig

Beckley, WV

#14 Feb 17, 2013
Natalie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only read parts of his manifesto, but this was interesting:
“I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPD’s actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD. In essence, I’ve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and knew I was INNOCENT!!! Capt Phil Tingirides, Justin Eisenberg, Martella, Randy Quan, and Sgt. Anderson all knew I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. Teresa Evans career..."
Dorner was a naval intelligence officer. It's hard to believe someone with his background and clearance level could have been a previously undetected "nut job".
Why did he not try to harm any of the people who actuall harmed him or he felt had harmed him. Who knows what makes someone snap. I can not imagine anyone being able to turn my mother or my sister against me. That seems kind of strange. I understand that the LAPD is re-opening his case, so we will see if anything comes of it. The sad thing would be if there was racism involved, but the term has been thrown around so much that most people dont even pay any attention to it anymore.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 17, 2013
I believe after observing all aspects of American society over a period of decades, that all of the problems of America can be attributed to ONLY one group of people..NO matter what the issue; women, racism, gay rights, the environment, class warfare , war itself, or whatever comes up, the group responsible is....Drum roll please:)

White Males:)

Location hidden

#16 Feb 17, 2013
capitalist pig wrote:
Dozens of protesters rallied outside Los Angeles police headquarters Saturday in support of Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer and suspected killer of four who died after a shootout and fire this week at a mountain cabin following one of the biggest manhunts in recent memory.
Protesters told the Los Angeles Times they didn’t support Dorner’s deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner’s claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner’s death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.
Michael Nam, 30, who held a sign with a flaming tombstone and the inscription “RIP Habeas Corpus,” said it was “pretty obvious” police had no intention of bringing Dorner in alive.
Get ready store owners, looks like the need some new TVs and sneakers.
I don't think they meant to bring him in alive from the git go.. It was especially obvious when the police opened up on the two women in a BLUE truck, the police said they had mistaken for Dorner's GREY one:)

Location hidden

#17 Feb 17, 2013
The LAPD might not have cost him his military position. If an officer is not recommended for promotion during two consecutive years he will be referred for involuntary separation. The higher you go the less chance you have of promotion. There are only so many general slots available.
For the record

United States

#18 Feb 17, 2013
Shootist wrote:
I believe after observing all aspects of American society over a period of decades, that all of the problems of America can be attributed to ONLY one group of people..NO matter what the issue; women, racism, gay rights, the environment, class warfare , war itself, or whatever comes up, the group responsible is....Drum roll please:)
That could be construed as the first place holder in last years marathon is responsible for the next marathon?

Location hidden

#19 Feb 17, 2013
For the record wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be construed as the first place holder in last years marathon is responsible for the next marathon?
LOL.. Don't know, since white males, according to just about everyone else has always ran first in all of the "marathons" and held everyone else back by "hook or crook" :)

White males are always the "boogermen" ( I know , Boogeymen :))scapegoats and excuses for everyone else.

Tis a heavy cross we bear, but someone has to do it.
For the record

United States

#20 Feb 17, 2013
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. Don't know, since white males, according to just about everyone else has always ran first in all of the "marathons" and held everyone else back by "hook or crook" :)
White males are always the "boogermen" ( I know , Boogeymen :))scapegoats and excuses for everyone else.
Tis a heavy cross we bear, but someone has to do it.
Yes.lol

Level 8

#21 Feb 17, 2013
Shootist wrote:
Correction: OLD white males.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckley VA Release of Information 32 min Flloyd 10
Are there any men's rights or anti-feminist gro... (Jan '14) 37 min Flloyd 69
vc 42 min Alice 3
TRUMP is an acronym for........ (May '16) 1 hr Porch Honkey the ... 60
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 2 hr Jon_B 6,944
Why is it so cold in restaurants (Aug '10) 7 hr Carl 38
Beth and friends lol 21 hr Gmoney 7

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance