Wanting to adopt a baby.

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Coalminers Wife

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 5, 2012
Is anyone wanting to give their baby up for adoption?
1 post removed
wow

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 6, 2012
advisor wrote:
<quoted text>
have you tried international adoption center they are easier than
US and plus you would not have to deal with craps.most of parent
who end up giving kids here are on drugs
Babies born addicted to drugs needed a loving, caring, and patient family too??
Almeida

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 6, 2012
Coalminers Wife wrote:
Is anyone wanting to give their baby up for adoption?
I agree with advisor. Go with Int'l adoption. You will not have to endure issues with the biological family. Sadly, many who give their babies up do have substance abuse problems as advisor mentioned; which often ends up in babies born unhealthy. Don't get me wrong, unhealthy babies need loving folks too, but you will resent the bio parents and the chronic issues can ruin your marriage.
Rainbow

Beckley, WV

#5 Jan 6, 2012
Let gays adopt. There is nothing that says they can't provide a loving and stable home.

When will WV get out of the dictatorship of the religious bigots?

Love is love. A home is a home.

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

East Central

#6 Jan 6, 2012
I don't have kids.
kmm

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 7, 2012
As an adoptive parent, this thread makes me want to scream. The original poster just thinks that she's gonna post a random question, "anyone want to to put their baby up for adoption?" and expects someone to honestly answer? This is a scary thought. COAL MINERS WIFE, if you guys are truly wanting to adopt please go through the proper agencies and make sure everything is done legally. I very rarely visit topix and even more rarely comment but this one struck home with me. So please, if you and your husband are seriously considering adoption, please take all aspects into consideration. It is not easy, not by any definition of the word, but let me assure you that it is truly worth it. If you need any advice or information on adopting please feel free to contact me. I would be more than glad to help get a child into a loving, caring home!!!
kmm

Beckley, WV

#8 Jan 8, 2012
kmm wrote:
As an adoptive parent, this thread makes me want to scream. The original poster just thinks that she's gonna post a random question, "anyone want to to put their baby up for adoption?" and expects someone to honestly answer? This is a scary thought. COAL MINERS WIFE, if you guys are truly wanting to adopt please go through the proper agencies and make sure everything is done legally. I very rarely visit topix and even more rarely comment but this one struck home with me. So please, if you and your husband are seriously considering adoption, please take all aspects into consideration. It is not easy, not by any definition of the word, but let me assure you that it is truly worth it. If you need any advice or information on adopting please feel free to contact me. I would be more than glad to help get a child into a loving, caring home!!!
Folks, you make sure you heed kmm's advice because they know their shit. OF COURSE, what kmm ISN'T telling you is that 99% of the adoptable infants are born to crack heads and dope addicts. These mothers have used drugs thru out the pregnancy, as well as gulping alcohol and cigarettes. You will be adopting a mentally and possibly physically handicapped child. It won't be apparent at first.. but sooner or later you will see what you got. DHHR won't tell you this kind of stuff, and neither did kmm. Yessiree.. you do exactly what kmm tells you. They are the only authority on the matter. I can see they really know their shit about adoptions

“A.K.A dirt loving hippy”

Level 4

Since: May 08

Beckley WV

#9 Jan 8, 2012
Rainbow wrote:
Let gays adopt. There is nothing that says they can't provide a loving and stable home.
When will WV get out of the dictatorship of the religious bigots?
Love is love. A home is a home.
What are you talking about?
gays can adopt AND foster children in their home.Now SIGN UP. We need foster families!!

Level 4

Beckley WV

#10 Jan 8, 2012
DHHR will certainly tell you anything they know about the health of the child you take into your home. Thye cannot disclose personal information about the parents,(they use drugs) but they can aand will tell you anything about the child it's self (it was born drug addicted). See the difference?
Calling you a LIAR

Beckley, WV

#11 Jan 8, 2012
punkpet wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
gays can adopt AND foster children in their home.Now SIGN UP. We need foster families!!
1) you are a liar
2) you don't know what you are talking about
3) you are a big fat liar
4) shut your pie hole... people are SICK of your lies, rumors and gossip. You have no f*ing clue and NO gays CANNOT adopt in Raleigh Co, OR the state of WV.

Level 3

Location hidden

#12 Jan 8, 2012
http://gaylife.about.com/od/gayparentingadopt... .

According to this gays can adopt. Do I know for sure if this is correct? No I don't, although I hope it is, it would be a shame not to let people with the potential to be great loving parents adopt a child.
Calling you a LIAR

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 8, 2012
It is NOT correct. I challenge mouthy PUNKPET to get ONE -- just ONE Raleigh County DHHR Adoption Social Worker to GO ON RECORD WITH THEIR NAME and OFFICE EXTENSION to proclaim that gay people can now adopt in this county or even the state of WV.

You have my challenge PUNK PET AKA LIAR.

I am waiting.

Level 3

Location hidden

#14 Jan 8, 2012
Ok, someone clarify something for me. Is there a law in the state of west Virginia that clearly states gays cannot adopt.

Level 4

Beckley WV

#15 Jan 8, 2012
Calling you a LIAR wrote:
<quoted text>
1) you are a liar
2) you don't know what you are talking about
3) you are a big fat liar
4) shut your pie hole... people are SICK of your lies, rumors and gossip. You have no f*ing clue and NO gays CANNOT adopt in Raleigh Co, OR the state of WV.
Wow, are you following me? Show me in the West Virginia state code where it says same sex couples cannot adopt.
c
u
never
tell
Then can me a liar.Obviously you do not know what you are talking about AGAIN.

Level 4

Beckley WV

#16 Jan 8, 2012
-Liberal- wrote:
Ok, someone clarify something for me. Is there a law in the state of west Virginia that clearly states gays cannot adopt.
No. there are several that I know of personally. The thing is, one person adopts the child. No one cares the sexual orientation of the adopting person.This state does not recognize same sex marriage so, if you are in one, one person adopts the child.But being in a same sex relationship does not preclude you from adopting.

Level 4

Beckley WV

#17 Jan 8, 2012
By the way, please excuse my little troll. I have a stalker following me room to room talking to me like this because I proved them to be a liar, now they are obsessed. Aren't they cute?

Level 4

Beckley WV

#18 Jan 8, 2012
Let me help you. http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/policy/adoption/Ado...
http://www.wvdhhr.org/oss/adoption/adoption_l...
Contact [email protected]
email Carrie and ask her. Read policy and point out where it says sexual preference has any bearing on adoption or fostering.
Calling you a LIAR

Beckley, WV

#19 Jan 8, 2012
punkpet wrote:
By the way, please excuse my little troll. I have a stalker following me room to room talking to me like this because I proved them to be a liar, now they are obsessed. Aren't they cute?
Just because someone exposes you to be a LIAR - they are a 'little troll'????????? I think NOT.

I am happy to expose liars like you. I did not ask you to show me a god damned thing in the state code. I know it well. I also know that NO GAY PERSON can adopt a child in WV. Now, get your shit together, stop twisting the tales and stop twisting the facts and STOP LYING.

FACTS ARE FACTS. YOU ARE A LIAR. YOU POSTED LIES ON TOPIX.

If exposing you means I am a 'little troll', then ok. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Like that is going to hurt me.

DUMBASS!
Calling you a LIAR

Beckley, WV

#20 Jan 8, 2012
punkpet wrote:
Let me help you. http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/policy/adoption/Ado...
http://www.wvdhhr.org/oss/adoption/adoption_l...
Contact [email protected]
email Carrie and ask her. Read policy and point out where it says sexual preference has any bearing on adoption or fostering.
YOU get "Carrie.G.Stalnaker" to provide in writing that gay people CAN adopt in WV.

Oh, saying they 'can' and actually 'allowing it to happen' are 2 different things.
L0V3R

Beckley, WV

#21 Jan 8, 2012
is there something wrong with you? Does it really even affect you if gay people can adopt or not? Even after providing you with a link to the official wv dhhr site youre still calling her a liar. Clearly you ARE trolling. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 WV parks to charge entrance fees 33 min John 10
wanting to buy a female pitbull puppy (Mar '12) 57 min spike 179
Don't fart in the lunch room 1 hr John 3
Rampant Cell Use While Driving in Beckley 4 hr Otto Matic 11
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 14 hr Jon_B 7,114
What happened to Big Ugly Dave Willis to get ki... 14 hr Ghent 5
beckley Police Dept (Jul '14) 16 hr Meddows 93

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance