to all who downgrade the Moose Lodge

to all who downgrade the Moose Lodge

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Raymond

Beckley, WV

#1 Jul 26, 2011
I am going to try to be civil with what I say.

I have been a member of the Moose for 32 years. Approximentely 1/3 of the members haven't went through the Moose Ritual, and don't know what all the Moose does.

First the Moose has a small self sufficient community located 40 miles west of chicago which the International Moose fraturnity,pays with your dues the upbringing of children from 3 to graduation. We also provide a summer camp for children called camp Ross in Illinois. They receive food, housing, and education. Mooseheart has its own water, and sewer service fire department clothing store, power, bank,and medical clinic.

They have a small community called Moosehaven, just south of Jacksonville Florida for our qualified senior citizens. They have everything that Mooseheart does including a golf course and hospital.

If any of you get the chance go visit Mooseheart,or Moosehaven, I have been 3 times and everytime I go I realize what my dues go for. Be sure to visit The West Virginia House While at Mooseheart.

So for those of you that do not know, please stop bad mouthing The Moose, and if you are not a member join, because your dues will help, May God Bless and keep you.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Thanks Raymond for your comments. Most of the people that are badmouthing the Lodge are only looking for cheap drinks and entertainment. They do not support the lodge because if they did, then more things would be happening.

There is approximately 20 people taking care of the whims and complaints of approximately 2,500 members (men and women) and from what I have seen, they appear to be doing a good job. They have went from a rundown rattrap downtown building to a beautiful location. They have built a $2M building and own quite a bit of acreage around it. Yes, there is things that needs to be finished, but those items take time and money, time we have, but money takes time to make.

The officers have done more to improve the Beckley Lodge in the last five years, than the past administrations have done in the previous 30 years.
joke

Beckley, WV

#3 Jul 28, 2011
Open your eyes!! All you have is a cheap bar! Its a joke. Low class nasty people going there that think they are better than everyone else. You think you're doing something for Beckley when all you have is a group of drunks coming and going all hours of the day!?! Want to clean your lodge up?? Stop serving beer/ drinks for about 6mths. The people to stay and pay their dues will prove that they want to help. The ones who don't... well just shows you how much your lodge is nothing more than a cheap low class bar!
go elsewhere

Beckley, WV

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Once again, you are free to go elsewhere. I don't understand why you need to comment at all. Take your money and business someplace else. The facility at the Moose is fairly new, extremely clean, and very well-handled. It is not a "cheap bar" as you suggest.

My family and I have been members for quite some time and we are neither "low-class" or "nasty". We are college-educated and professional people with good names and good standing in the community. Be careful what you say. Anyway, all this sounds like sour grapes. I don't know what anyone did to you at the Moose, but it is fine with the rest of us if you just stay away. We need members who are willing to work and support the club, not whiners and complainers who are having tantrums because they aren't allowed to act like trash.
active member

Beckley, WV

#5 Dec 9, 2011
Every Moose is here to support children that have no homes and is a family place to go to for entertainment and food. I give my up most respect to ALL Moose Lodges and will continue to support them through out my time. God Bless Moose Heart...

If people will take the time to read up on what we stand for then they too will want to join and be a part of a wonderful place.
exp

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 9, 2011
I have a question. My wife and i were asked to join but she was asked by another woman who says it is expected of the wifes of members to work there on occasion. She doesn't want to join because she says she already has a job and doesn't want anyone to look down on her because she just wants to go to party and dance or whatever but refuses to do any work whether she's paid or not. Is this true?
moose member

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 9, 2011
exp wrote:
I have a question. My wife and i were asked to join but she was asked by another woman who says it is expected of the wifes of members to work there on occasion. She doesn't want to join because she says she already has a job and doesn't want anyone to look down on her because she just wants to go to party and dance or whatever but refuses to do any work whether she's paid or not. Is this true?
No it isn't true. Woman of the Moose have odd jobs to do to help the children and we even throw Christmas, Easter and Halloween family parties for the children. If she becomes a woman of the Moose , which is a higher rank than a customer, than she will be asked to do odd things to help out. Customers do not have to do anything, but enjoy the establishment.
exp

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 9, 2011
I guess i mis-spoke. She was asked to be a member along with me but doesn't want to work the place or anything extra because she already works 60 hours a week. So what you saying is we should just come and be a customer and not join? Can you just walk in off the street?
exp

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 9, 2011
I don't like the way Women of the Moose sounds. Are women allowed to be full pledged members or are you automatically a woman of the moose if your man is a member? If so my wife wouldn't put up with that anyway and i wouldn't expect her to.
moose member

Beckley, WV

#10 Dec 9, 2011
It is a very friendly, warm and welcoming place to be... The men and the woman, not customers have things to keep the place running better and help build a warmer place. You are the customer, you will just enjoy the Moose of your choice and will not be involved in any of the WOTM or MOTM activities. I speak highly of the Moose.... Please take a chance to stoop into one and speak to the Administrator or anyone. Sit back and enjoy or examine what you see. It can never hurt to ask questions and make up your own mind from what you see.
Sick of it

United States

#11 Dec 9, 2011
I can't imagine where you got "the Moose Club is sleazy"
That's the farthest thing from the truth.
exp

Beckley, WV

#12 Dec 10, 2011
ok so a customer and not a member is the way to go for us. I dont mind giving my money to charity but i have no extra time for hands on work but who ever complained about a good donor.
Sick of it

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2011
exp wrote:
ok so a customer and not a member is the way to go for us. I dont mind giving my money to charity but i have no extra time for hands on work but who ever complained about a good donor.
This isn't correct.
The Moose club doesn't have "customers", they have "guest".
A man/member can't bring another man as a guest, he can only bring a woman.
Women can't come alone unless they are members.
I think you can be a member without becoming a "woman of the moose".
The women who help out there do so because they want to. If you'd join, you'd know why.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#14 Dec 11, 2011
No dues are paid, you become a member.
only members are allowed but you can come as a guest but after being signed in as a guest you have to become a member. If you WANT to you become a member of the women of the moose but you dont have to at all. You can just be a regular member.
exp

Charleston, WV

#15 Dec 12, 2011
Why can't women come alone? Sounds like an organization that looks at women as less than men and looks down on women that don't want to become a Woman of the Moose. Even the friend that asked my wife to join made it seem like she would be expected to do the charity work or she would be looked down on. And if another man cant bring another man as a guest how am i supposed to come check it out? Sounds like a bunch of bs. and not worth the trouble.
Elroy

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Dec 12, 2011
The Moose hit the lottery when they dumped that building where they were totally dangerous with all the steps !! But where they built when I was a kid use to flood where V City was and that area. No idea if it did where they built ? Building to me looks like built it a tad to big !!
active member

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2011
Paul Masley gets on this site thus letting everyone believe he is some big shot in the Moose when he is not s@@t. In doing this and defending the Moose he then goes on other sites and runs his mouth and makes those posters mad and they then retaliate on topics about the Moose. Way to go Paul maybe someday you'll learn to shut your mouth and this is not what a true member needs to do. If it comes up to pull your card I will be more than glad to second that motion. Life membership doesn't support that kind of actions.
Sick of it

United States

#18 Dec 12, 2011
exp wrote:
Why can't women come alone? Sounds like an organization that looks at women as less than men and looks down on women that don't want to become a Woman of the Moose. Even the friend that asked my wife to join made it seem like she would be expected to do the charity work or she would be looked down on. And if another man cant bring another man as a guest how am i supposed to come check it out? Sounds like a bunch of bs. and not worth the trouble.
You sure do twist stuff around. I'll try one more time.
Women members may come alone anytime they want.
I'll try and keep it simple for you.

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#19 Dec 12, 2011
This confused me too. Can women members bring along a male or female guest, but men can only bring a female guest?...
Sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't correct.
The Moose club doesn't have "customers", they have "guest".
A man/member can't bring another man as a guest, he can only bring a woman.
Women can't come alone unless they are members.
I think you can be a member without becoming a "woman of the moose".
The women who help out there do so because they want to. If you'd join, you'd know why.
Magi

Charleston, WV

#20 Dec 12, 2011
Raymond wrote:
I am going to try to be civil with what I say.
I have been a member of the Moose for 32 years. Approximentely 1/3 of the members haven't went through the Moose Ritual, and don't know what all the Moose does.
First the Moose has a small self sufficient community located 40 miles west of chicago which the International Moose fraturnity,pays with your dues the upbringing of children from 3 to graduation. We also provide a summer camp for children called camp Ross in Illinois. They receive food, housing, and education. Mooseheart has its own water, and sewer service fire department clothing store, power, bank,and medical clinic.
They have a small community called Moosehaven, just south of Jacksonville Florida for our qualified senior citizens. They have everything that Mooseheart does including a golf course and hospital.
If any of you get the chance go visit Mooseheart,or Moosehaven, I have been 3 times and everytime I go I realize what my dues go for. Be sure to visit The West Virginia House While at Mooseheart.
So for those of you that do not know, please stop bad mouthing The Moose, and if you are not a member join, because your dues will help, May God Bless and keep you.
Not badmouthing the moose, but how can you say "God bless you and keep you" When you are not a Christian? A Christian would not be part of such orginization expecially where drinking strong drink is involved. Repent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton 10 min John 4
If she is still alive 10 min Leslie 6
Best Preschools in Beckley Area (Apr '13) 55 min Alyssa 14
Do you think that synthetic marijuana is a prob... (Jun '15) 2 hr ddd 15
coal miners with window decals (Sep '11) 2 hr Wendall 49
Foster kids 2 hr Melissa CPS Worker 19
News 'Keep God First': Rocky Meadows Is Fighting Hun... (Sep '15) 3 hr Gethimout 29

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages