Kingston Mining slash! Alpha+massey

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
coalminer

Mount Hope, WV

#1 Oct 9, 2012
I would Like to Start Off Talking About Kingston Employees. We Had 100% Insurance We Worked 5 And 6 Days A Week, 40hrs plus overtime.
Everyone Got Along Great We Were like Family brothers best friends witch we still are.
we would have cookouts fish outtings music, And even gas Card on Drawing or the best saftey slogan, Are 401k's was great earning money like we should.
We was running coal like we should and safe.
Now To Alpha That took Us Over, Alpha Bot Massey After they took over Kingston,
We Got Our Insurance Took Away from 100% to 90/10 and they also just changed it again causing us to pay more.
Next They took our Gas Bonus's. Then They Took Our Christmas Bonus, then taking our coal bonus and saftey bonus.
Then What Haapens Afte All This You Say, Well Alpha Shuts Down Al These Massey Mines Then Start Relocating The Men To Kingston,
These Guys Were Massey Men Dont forget this,
They Was On Some Kind Of Contract With Massey! Well When Alpha Took Over They Some How Carried That contract for Massey Men.
Now They Are All working At Kingston Gettiing High pay and getting there $1500 christmas bonus and plus a safety bonus.
There Vacation They get $1500 bonus.
They keep there high paying jobs on a contract while kingston men that have been there for 5 and 13 yrs get everything cut out.
we are no longer to have overtime and at the 1st of the year there going to deduct are pay while massey men are still under contract till september 2013!!!
Now that we got that out of the way, Don Blankenship Has Bot 3 mines In Kentucky From Alpha, He Has Been Making trips to china for coal sales.
He has been talking with Alpha So he can get his foot back in the door, Some say he had 2yrs after the upper big branch mine Explosive,
He has now got his foot in the door with Alpha and he will buy alpha out, Alot of Alpha ceo's vice presidents Has retired from alpha.
We at kingston Have been Done Wrong, We think once they do a big layoff that they will Get Rid Of All of Kingston Employees That have been there
for yrs becasue they will not be able to get rid of Massey Men Becasue Of there Contract Till September 2013.
When This Happens We Will Be Looking For Good lawyers To Fight Back. This Is just not 1 kingston Manw This Is all Of Us.
How Come Kingston Employess Did'nt Get to keep their Bonus's we was Foundation Coal and Riverton Coal Now Alpha+Massey with nothing.
We All At Kingston Has Suffered much from Alpha+massey, This Is why I am Publishing This To The News Papers Media All over the world so
people will know how Alpha+massey Treats us. Don Blankenship Also Going To Make Top pay in the Mines $15.00 dollars an hour. This Mad Man
Needs To Be Stoped His Should Not Be able to run another coal company In the United States.

Thank You For Reading

Former Kingston Coal Miners.
what say you

Beckley, WV

#2 Oct 9, 2012
coalminer wrote:
I would Like to Start Off Talking About Kingston Employees. We Had 100% Insurance We Worked 5 And 6 Days A Week, 40hrs plus overtime.
Everyone Got Along Great We Were like Family brothers best friends witch we still are.
we would have cookouts fish outtings music, And even gas Card on Drawing or the best saftey slogan, Are 401k's was great earning money like we should.
We Got Our Insurance Took Away from 100% to 90/10 and they also just changed it again causing us to pay more.
Next They took our Gas Bonus's. Then They Took Our Christmas Bonus, then taking our coal bonus and saftey bonus.
Then What Haapens Afte All This You Say, Well Alpha Shuts Down Al These Massey Mines Then Start Relocating The Men To Kingston,
They Was On Some Kind Of Contract With Massey! Well When Alpha Took Over They Some How Carried That contract for Massey Men.
Now They Are All working At Kingston Gettiing High pay and getting there $1500 christmas bonus and plus a safety bonus.
They keep there high paying jobs on a contract while kingston men that have been there for 5 and 13 yrs get everything cut out.
we are no longer to have overtime and at the 1st of the year there going to deduct are pay while massey men are still under contract till september 2013!!!
Now that we got that out of the way, Don Blankenship Has Bot 3 mines In Kentucky From Alpha, He Has Been Making trips to china for coal sales.
He has been talking with Alpha So he can get his foot back in the door, Some say he had 2yrs after the upper big branch mine Explosive,
He has now got his foot in the door with Alpha and he will buy alpha out, Alot of Alpha ceo's vice presidents Has retired from alpha.
We at kingston Have been Done Wrong, We think once they do a big layoff that they will Get Rid Of All of Kingston Employees That have been there
for yrs becasue they will not be able to get rid of Massey Men Becasue Of there Contract Till September 2013.
When This Happens We Will Be Looking For Good lawyers To Fight Back. This Is just not 1 kingston Manw This Is all Of Us.
How Come Kingston Employess Did'nt Get to keep their Bonus's we was Foundation Coal and Riverton Coal Now Alpha+Massey with nothing.
We All At Kingston Has Suffered much from Alpha+massey, This Is why I am Publishing This To The News Papers Media All over the world so
people will know how Alpha+massey Treats us. Don Blankenship Also Going To Make Top pay in the Mines $15.00 dollars an hour. This Mad Man
Needs To Be Stoped His Should Not Be able to run another coal company In the United States.

Thank You For Reading

Judging by your grammar it would have been nice for Kingston to pay for more schooling too. Don't be mad you poor little coal miners have to live life like the rest of us with no bonuses, gas cards and more. Do your job and do it well or quit - end of story.
CoalMiners

Mount Hope, WV

#3 Oct 9, 2012
what say you wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging by your grammar it would have been nice for Kingston to pay for more schooling too. Don't be mad you poor little coal miners have to live life like the rest of us with no bonuses, gas cards and more. Do your job and do it well or quit - end of story.
Screw you buddy.. you must be a office lazy lookin shit head
man

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Oct 9, 2012
I agree With Coalminers Alpha Has Been Screwing People, So you People On Here Saying he is wrong you have no idea what your talking about. He is Just telling the truth. The truth hurts some times.
So way to go coalminers i am glad someone has Said somthing about this.
the mines

Ardsley, NY

#5 Oct 9, 2012
coalminer wrote:

Thank You For Reading

The reason all these things are happening is simple. It's because coal is outdated and companies are looking to create energy by other means. As the need for coal declines then companies will start eliminating no-need items such as bonuses, gas cards etc. I honestly feel that in 10 or 15 years we will all look back and only have the memories of mining coal.
Barb

Beckley, WV

#6 Oct 9, 2012
My husband has worked for Kingston for over 18 years and yes the changes are horrible...The company is ran just like Massey...Coal is not outdated by any means, its our elected officals that are killing the coal business...Please be sure to VOTE this year and save our COAL jobs...we have other countries buying our COAL because other countries are SMARTER than the TREE HUGGERS of the United States...What kind of jobs are offered in WV that pay as much as a miner makes?? NOTHING??? Save our COAL jobs and VOTE!!
Canada wondering

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 9, 2012
We need to be realistic about coal. It is on the decline in the US...it is a hard job...but as we have seen poorly regulated...people need to get their young sons in a good college and WV needs to get with more modern times and bring in other good paying jobs for workers....mining should be only one of the good paying choices for men not the only one.
dont b hating

Ardsley, NY

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Barb wrote:
My husband has worked for Kingston for over 18 years and yes the changes are horrible...The company is ran just like Massey...Coal is not outdated by any means, its our elected officals that are killing the coal business...Please be sure to VOTE this year and save our COAL jobs...we have other countries buying our COAL because other countries are SMARTER than the TREE HUGGERS of the United States...What kind of jobs are offered in WV that pay as much as a miner makes?? NOTHING??? Save our COAL jobs and VOTE!!
What jobs are available in wv that makes the same as a miner? Doctor, nurse practitioner, lawyer, self employed, construction, etc. Most however require a clean background, schooling and you can't be addicted to pills - so those automatically knock out coal miners. You miners are really going to be f***ed when coal is done for.
nemesis

Bluefield, WV

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Don isn't done for, he's bought out Rawl Sales, and is renewing their permits. It's just a matter of time before he fires back up, and I agree, $15.oo will probably be top pay. He's formed McCoy Coal Group over in Kentucky too, and his trips to China haven't paid any dividends yet, because they're cutting back too.
Mcl

Ardsley, NY

#10 Oct 9, 2012
I side with big don there's not a miner worth more then 15 bucks in wv
Proud UMWA member

Nitro, WV

#11 Oct 9, 2012
What you need to do is grow some balls and join the union!
Proud UMWA member

Huntington, WV

#12 Oct 9, 2012
Proud UMWA member wrote:
What you need to do is grow some balls and join the union!
Yes. Join the outdated umwa so they can take your money, not represent you, let companies do what they want, send big donations to crooked politicians, and the union bigwigs live the good life watching the rank and file disappear.
nemesis

Bluefield, WV

#13 Oct 9, 2012
You got it right, I'm still trying to get the shaft out after Trumka and Roberts sold us to Don Blankenship back in 88'. And to make matters worse, Cecil laughed in our face before he flew back to Washington. He can't fly back to Washington because he sold the UMWA headquarters, the Union Bank, parking lot, and everything else the Union owned. I hear they rent a trailer off Massey down in Va. now. It is rumored they will file bankruptcy any day now.
Barb

Beckley, WV

#14 Oct 9, 2012
Hey Dont B....Not all miners do pills or drink.... Some are honest hard working individuals working trying to support their families...Sure College is an option if you have the "Money" to go...and its possible you will get screwed over like many did at MSU...Oh wait...You prolly live off the system and get an EBT Card and free health care, so you better hope my husband continues to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day so you can stay home on your A** and draw a check...Thats the Obama Plan...
alpha sux

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Unions are the only way to stop the mistreatment of miners. Umwa all the way! Keep republicans out of office since they are anti union and pro corporations.
Retired Miner

Oceana, WV

#16 Oct 9, 2012
alpha sux wrote:
Unions are the only way to stop the mistreatment of miners. Umwa all the way! Keep republicans out of office since they are anti union and pro corporations.
Bull crap. I worked at union and non-union mines both. Only thing the union did was keep the mines from firing people that deserved to be fired for drugging and skipping shifts over and over... and take part of my money for jack sh#t. Had a helluva better life in nonunion.
2 posts removed
Proud UMWA member

Nitro, WV

#19 Oct 10, 2012
It's easy to be nonunion. It takes a real man with big balls to be UNION. One of these days after everything is gone, people will look back and wonder what happened.
Mountaineer

Beckley, WV

#20 Oct 10, 2012
_brian wrote:
<quoted text>The Coal operators used to provide schooling for the miners children back in the days of coal camps. Greedy miners though unionized and slapped these gracious employers in the face and naturally the camps are no more.
Just another example of unionization ruining this country
Nostalgia is nice, but I doubt few would agree that isolated coal camp life was ideal, with miners being paid in scrip, and families forced into indebtedness by the coal company stores. Hard to believe that the company sponsored schooling was geared with an eye toward providing educational opportunities for a better life for the children of miners. Unions may have grown to ruin many things since that time, but when they were established, the workers certainly needed the protections provided.
Proud UMWA member

Huntington, WV

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Proud UMWA member wrote:
It's easy to be nonunion. It takes a real man with big balls to be UNION. One of these days after everything is gone, people will look back and wonder what happened.
You mean look back like the union and its goons are having to do now? I mean with membership dropping all the time, its influence dropping, except when it takes members money and throws it to politicians the rank and file do not support, and union bigwigs ignoring what the rank and file need, we see why they are failing. Look at all the union mines that close, the companies and union do nothing about workers losing medical coverage promised, oh, wait, the unions where supposed to protect them from that. Another broken promise. Big Balls? Yeah, it takes those to let union bigwigs run you over, for nothing.
nemesis

Bluefield, WV

#22 Oct 10, 2012
I remember the old coal camps very well, the owners would kick you out in a heartbeat if you breathed Union. I remember the scrip, the company store, and having to cut the superintendent's grass on the week-end. What you did on the job was their business, and what you did off the job was their business. It all seems like a bad dream, and Don Blankenship tried to bring it back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
house rental 53 min curious 1
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 59 min Jon_B 7,769
Applebee’s coming back to Beckley new owners 2 hr Hooie 4
Divorce lawyer recommendations 2 hr Hooie 15
Does anyone remember what stores used to be in ... (Jan '11) 2 hr Anita 161
Fish 11 hr Nana 1
Who is the best divorce lawyer in Beckley ? (Jul '11) 23 hr Hooie 48

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages