First Prev
of 3
Next Last
~QueenB~

Beckley, WV

#1 Apr 13, 2011
No trash talking, please...

I'm looking for an OB gyn in Beckley. I need some reviews please..
to answer your question

Beckley, WV

#2 Apr 13, 2011
I prefer the Access Health Associates in OB/GYN. I esp. like the mid-wives. If you want to be put at ease & be comfortable during visits I'd make an appt. w/ Carolyn Spurlock there. I have 5 children and I have never been disappointed in their services! Hope this helps!
Blessed Mommy

Lubbock, TX

#3 Apr 13, 2011
I agree Ms. Spurlock is AWESOME!!! Loved her!!! Dr. Kahlil & Dr. Rosas did my C-Section and did a wonderful job. His personality was wonderful and her expertise was amazing. It looked like a scratch on my belly when she sewed me up...everyone was impressed. Her personality is old fashioned but she is good. Not sure Rosas still see patients???
Rude

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Apr 28, 2011
jessica you are not blessed more like a cursed sea cow
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#5 Apr 29, 2011
I go to charleston ever since I had my son there, and would not consider having a baby here and even have my annual done there now. It's a nice way to make a day of shopping and chucky cheese plus I trust dr heywood more than anyone. Now as far as regular yearlys I always liked and trusted dr seigal at the associates I just wouldn't trust them with anything serious.
Linda

Beckley, WV

#6 Apr 29, 2011
i love Dr. Harris at Access health. she hass always been nice and friendly, and listens to you. i heard dr Kahlil was awesome, she delivered me and my mom loves her but i havent had her yet. i had toni graham, she was okay, but kinda grouchy. perhaps i caught her on a stressful day?
peachesncream

United States

#7 Apr 29, 2011
Linda wrote:
i love Dr. Harris at Access health. she hass always been nice and friendly, and listens to you. i heard dr Kahlil was awesome, she delivered me and my mom loves her but i havent had her yet. i had toni graham, she was okay, but kinda grouchy. perhaps i caught her on a stressful day?
I really like them all except for Dr. Seigal, to me he totally has no manners. When I was having my first child he was off down the hall making dinner plans with his wife, then he was trying to deliver a woman who wasnt even close to delivery and then he was taking a shower. Even the nurse was very upset at him, she said herself that he was a idiot. Dr. Lindley was my favorite. So my opinion is Associates are great with the exception of Dr. Seigal.
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#8 Apr 29, 2011
peachesncream wrote:
<quoted text>I really like them all except for Dr. Seigal, to me he totally has no manners. When I was having my first child he was off down the hall making dinner plans with his wife, then he was trying to deliver a woman who wasnt even close to delivery and then he was taking a shower. Even the nurse was very upset at him, she said herself that he was a idiot. Dr. Lindley was my favorite. So my opinion is Associates are great with the exception of Dr. Seigal.
That's crazy!!! Dr Seigal saved my moms life and had to do an emergency surgery delivering my baby brother. He actually saved my sisters life 3 yrs ago after dr Lindley missed pre eclampsia with her. I guess they all have their off days.
Another one

United States

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Dr Wolfe without question is who I will always see there. Been a seeing him for about 8-9 years. Before pregnancy, all during pregnancy with some complications...made sure he delivered daughter (she is 7 now), and all annuals with Dr. Wolfe.
peachesncream

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2011
riverhippy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crazy!!! Dr Seigal saved my moms life and had to do an emergency surgery delivering my baby brother. He actually saved my sisters life 3 yrs ago after dr Lindley missed pre eclampsia with her. I guess they all have their off days.
Im glad to hear someone eles had a better experience with him than I did. Im sure they all have their bad days. I just think he has no bedside manner at all. My daughters bowels moved inside me when my water broke and she nearly died and the Dr. Was too busy on the phone talking to his wife and was in no hurry at all. Maybe he wasnt informed of how bad the situation was I dont know, he just didnt seem very sympathetic or concerned to me. The nurse was the one who was actually delivering when he finally came in. But anyway I'm glad things went well for your mom and sister.
Brandycwv

San Mateo, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2011
riverhippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lindley missed my post partum eclampsia and it almost killed me.. Sad thing is I had pre e before delivery and I knew I had post eclampsia but he didn't he wouldn't listen till I had the seizure n respiratory arrest. Siegel treated me after that, n he was very good with me too.
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#12 Apr 29, 2011
Brandycwv wrote:
<quoted text>Lindley missed my post partum eclampsia and it almost killed me.. Sad thing is I had pre e before delivery and I knew I had post eclampsia but he didn't he wouldn't listen till I had the seizure n respiratory arrest. Siegel treated me after that, n he was very good with me too.
My friend had the same experience with Lindley, he told her that since she was 18 there was no reason to check for pre eclampsia so after after having her little girl, going into a comma and being put on life support long enough that her milk dried up so she couldn't breast feed I believe it was Seigal who took care of her. He doesn't have the best bedside manner sometimes but when it comes down to it I want someone who can save my life. one thing I always thought was awesome of him is when he took care of my mom 20 yrs ago (literally) I drew him a card with a doc on the front of it thanking him for taking care of my mom and it is still hanging on his wall in his office to this day!!! Look next time you go!!! Lol!!! It just always showed me he actually does care even if he is not at his best all the time.:)

Level 3

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Apr 29, 2011
I really liked Dr. Resley when I went up there. They have so many dr's that you never see just one and when you go in for delivery it winds up being whoever is working at the time. No promises that the dr. you've been seeing will be there. I saw several dr's before I saw Resley and after that point I always scheduled appt's with him. When I went to the hospital to have my girl the only two there were Dr. Khalil and a midwife Lyn Haley. Khalil was busy with an emergency c-section so I got Mrs. Haley. She was amazing. Had some issues but she handled everything wonderfully. Love her to death!
opinion

United States

#14 May 2, 2011
Dr M Webb is really good as well. Always very respectful and nice to you :)
Brandycwv

United States

#15 May 2, 2011
opinion wrote:
Dr M Webb is really good as well. Always very respectful and nice to you :)
I love dr webb he is very knowledgeable and funny at the same time he checked me out after delivery cuz she got stuck
Linda

Beckley, WV

#16 May 2, 2011
Brandycwv wrote:
<quoted text>
Lindley missed my post partum eclampsia and it almost killed me.. Sad thing is I had pre e before delivery and I knew I had post eclampsia but he didn't he wouldn't listen till I had the seizure n respiratory arrest. Siegel treated me after that, n he was very good with me too.
what is post partum eclampsia? i'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first child and i have never heard of it? should i be concerned?
Brandycwv

United States

#17 May 2, 2011
U don't need to worry right now, some things to look for after 20 weeks of pregnancy is rise in bp and rapid weight gain (just google pre eclampsia) but don't stress about it. They will start checking you for it later on
honeypie

Oak Hill, WV

#18 May 3, 2011
I don't like any docs
Steph

Dunbar, WV

#19 May 3, 2011
Dr. Webb is wonderful! He delivered my twins two years ago. He is a wonderful doctor. He came in and checked on me several times during my labor. I had a terrible experience with Dr. Seigal. I went in to hear my babies heart beats for the very first time and he scared me to death. I will never forget these words, "So, your having twins, well it happens here is somethings you need to know." He then preceeded to tell me lots of terrible things that could happen to my boys and made it sound impossible for both of them to be healthy. He then told me that he would only try to find one heartbeat because he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between babies. Well I can tell you this. I never saw him after that appt. And surprise surprise Dr. Webb found both heart beats everytime after that. Dr. Webb is a great doctor and I will continue to sing his praises to anyone who asks.
sally

Oak Hill, WV

#20 May 3, 2011
I think they all have their off days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
At first sight 1 hr Trudy 23
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 1 hr Jon_B 7,008
Best family law attorney in Beckley? 1 hr Know it 17
Why do people hate lesbians (Dec '12) 2 hr Brittany 201
Female mine inspector 3 hr guest 5
School question 14 hr Clueless parent 1
capri pizza (Oct '12) 17 hr Willyray8 25

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance