Boycott Target and Amazon!

Boycott Target and Amazon!

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fannie

Oceana, WV

#1 Jul 27, 2012
Target and Amazon Are the Opposites of Chick-fil-A on Gay Marriage

With gay rights activists still riled over Chick-fil-a’s LGBT criticism, two megastores are taking the opposite tack and making their support for gay marriage as public as possible.

Amazon CEO and founder Jeff Bezos became the biggest financial backer of gay marriage in the country today when he and his wife MacKenzie pledged $2.5 million to support Washington state’s same-sex marriage referendum.

The Bezos gift doubled the amount Washington’s pro-gay marriage group Washington United for Marriage had raised so far, the group said in a statement. Washington’s Legislature legalized same-sex marriage in February but opponents have since collected enough signatures to put the measure before voters in November.

Gay marriage is legal in six states, but despite 32 separate attempts in various states, same-sex marriage has never survived a popular vote.

At the national level, Target is broadcasting its support for equal marriage rights with a wedding registry ad featuring two smiling men dressed in suits and bow ties holding hands and touching foreheads.

“Be Yourself, Together,” is printed in bold red lettering across the center of the advertisement, which encourages couples to build a registry that is “as unique as the two of you.”

Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder said in a statement that the ad is part of Target’s broader commitment to “diversity and inclusion.”

“At the heart of our company are core values which include Target’s long-standing commitment to create an environment where all of our team members and guests feel welcome, valued and respected,” Snyder said.“We believe our current marketing is consistent with this value.”

Find out which other companies have taken a stance on gay marriage here.

Two years ago Target earned itself the scorn of gay rights activists after the Minneapolis-based retail giant donated $150,000 to MN Forward, a political group that endorsed GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer. Emmer was firmly opposed to same-sex marriage.

Since then, Target has launched numerous pro-equality campaigns. It sold gay pride T-shirts online during June’s Pride month and donated part of the proceeds to the Family Equality Council, an LGBT advocacy group.

And in June the megastore stocked its shelves with greeting cards for same-sex couples. The cards have messages like “Two very special women, one very special love,” as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.
-------

This is disgusting! I'll be boycotting these trashy businesses from now on!
DcWv

Charleston, WV

#2 Jul 27, 2012
Good - I'm sure these mult-billion dollar businesses wouldn't want the money of some crazy bigoted homophobe like yourself!

Good riddance!
1 post removed
wave

Grandview, WA

#4 Jul 27, 2012
My account there is getting canceled. The wife is selling the kindle and closing her account as well.
B

Beckley, WV

#5 Jul 27, 2012
I'm going to laugh when all these anti gay people have a gay son/daughter or grandchild.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2012
www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20011983-5035...
Then why has Target gave 150,000 to anti-gay movement who opposes same-sex marriage?
Ugh

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2012
vanished wrote:
www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20011983-5035...
Then why has Target gave 150,000 to anti-gay movement who opposes same-sex marriage?
Two years ago Target earned itself the scorn of gay rights activists after the Minneapolis-based retail giant donated $150,000 to MN Forward, a political group that endorsed GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer. Emmer was firmly opposed to same-sex marriage.

Since then, Target has launched numerous pro-equality campaigns. It sold gay pride T-shirts online during June's Pride month and donated part of the proceeds to the Family Equality Council, an LGBT advocacy group.

And in June the megastore stocked its shelves with greeting cards for same-sex couples. The cards have messages like "Two very special women, one very special love," as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.

Target could not take the pressure; they are cowards. I hope chick-fil-a keeps their spine and refuses to back down.
Holy chicken

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2012
wave wrote:
My account there is getting canceled. The wife is selling the kindle and closing her account as well.
After that you'll have all kinds of free time. Maybe you and the wife can go down to the local Chik-fil-a and thump bibles with the rest of the bigots.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 27, 2012
Ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Two years ago Target earned itself the scorn of gay rights activists after the Minneapolis-based retail giant donated $150,000 to MN Forward, a political group that endorsed GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer. Emmer was firmly opposed to same-sex marriage.
Since then, Target has launched numerous pro-equality campaigns. It sold gay pride T-shirts online during June's Pride month and donated part of the proceeds to the Family Equality Council, an LGBT advocacy group.
And in June the megastore stocked its shelves with greeting cards for same-sex couples. The cards have messages like "Two very special women, one very special love," as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.
Target could not take the pressure; they are cowards. I hope chick-fil-a keeps their spine and refuses to back down.
I hope they do as well.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Jul 27, 2012
Here listed is a few of the companies shunned by and or threatened by boycotts, from gay advocacy groups:
Target
Best Buy Co. Inc.
The salvation Army
Utah tourism
Chick-fil-a, of course
King and Spalding, an Atlanta law firm
If you are against gay marriage folks, you will pay for it. The gay community is discriminating against your religious rights.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 27, 2012
vanished wrote:
Here listed is a few of the companies shunned by and or threatened by boycotts, from gay advocacy groups:
Target
Best Buy Co. Inc.
The salvation Army
Utah tourism
Chick-fil-a, of course
King and Spalding, an Atlanta law firm
If you are against gay marriage folks, you will pay for it. The gay community is discriminating against your religious rights.
I thought Target was being targeted by anti-gay people. How are we to keep all this straight??? LOL
supportequality

Wheeling, WV

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Anyone who uses silly religion to boycott companies that fight bigotry and support equality deserve all the misery of the world.
ChickfilaExecDie s

Wheeling, WV

#13 Jul 27, 2012
God is trying to tell ChickfilA their Public Relations are not to his liking. He smited the VP of ChickfilA's public relations department... He died of a heart attack! Praise Jesus! Serving an example to their CEO that he is a bigot and God is trying to tell them somethin !

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry...
sadnewsabouttheV P

Wheeling, WV

#14 Jul 27, 2012
ChickfilaExecDies wrote:
God is trying to tell ChickfilA their Public Relations are not to his liking. He smited the VP of ChickfilA's public relations department... He died of a heart attack! Praise Jesus! Serving an example to their CEO that he is a bigot and God is trying to tell them somethin !

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry...
Anytime someone passes away it's sad. Tying the passing of the VP of ChickfilA to the comments of their CEO is a ridiculous notion. Shame on you.
Marie

Columbia, SC

#15 Jul 27, 2012
Who really cares whose for it and whose against it..........it's their right to have their own opinion. That's what makes it America. They have the right not to be for it just as someone has the right to be for it. Get over it!!
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Jul 27, 2012
Posts #12,#13 and #14 - same poster

Shame on you for playing both sides.:-)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#17 Jul 27, 2012
Lesson Learned wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Target was being targeted by anti-gay people. How are we to keep all this straight??? LOL
Like the person above stated, "Target caved". It is a list of those that HAVE been shunned or boycotted past and present.
I really don't care for such activities, nor the groups who advocate such things. Freedom of speech, and freedom of religion are the true targets.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#18 Jul 27, 2012
Isn't it GREAT to live in a country where one can express their opinions openly and freely?

I could care less if gays marry or not...Have at it, I basically do not care one iota..
I sincerly hope they get what they want legally.

Where is all of this "tolerance" of others when it comes to those who disagree with an issue the more liberal persuasion espouses?

Boycotts, practically riots, screaming, yelling, calling people stupid assed names like Bible Thumpers, homophobes, and the like, while making fun of the strongly held beliefs of others.

NO matter what the issue, if you disagree with more liberal ideas, you are a Nazi, blah, blah, blah.....
Stop and think about it.
Who are the true Nazi's that require everyone to BELIEVE the way they do on any issue, or "face consequences."

The first Amenment:
"ongress shall make no law respecting an establishment of relilgion or prohibiting the free exercise, thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of people people to peacefully assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That doesn't apply except to liberals I guess.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 27, 2012
Marie wrote:
Who really cares whose for it and whose against it..........it's their right to have their own opinion. That's what makes it America. They have the right not to be for it just as someone has the right to be for it. Get over it!!
I was typing while you posted... You said it much better and with less words:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 27, 2012
Shootist wrote:
Isn't it GREAT to live in a country where one can express their opinions openly and freely?
I could care less if gays marry or not...Have at it, I basically do not care one iota..
I sincerly hope they get what they want legally.
Where is all of this "tolerance" of others when it comes to those who disagree with an issue the more liberal persuasion espouses?
Boycotts, practically riots, screaming, yelling, calling people stupid assed names like Bible Thumpers, homophobes, and the like, while making fun of the strongly held beliefs of others.
NO matter what the issue, if you disagree with more liberal ideas, you are a Nazi, blah, blah, blah.....
Stop and think about it.
Who are the true Nazi's that require everyone to BELIEVE the way they do on any issue, or "face consequences."
The first Amenment:
"ongress shall make no law respecting an establishment of relilgion or prohibiting the free exercise, thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of people people to peacefully assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
That doesn't apply except to liberals I guess.
Want to know why I don't have an Obama sticker on my car? I'm afraid someone would damage my car. There are signs all over my town to "Fire Obama". I wouldn't put anything past some people.

If the last paragraph of your comment was aimed at liberals I think you know that liberals are more live and let live....but that doesn't mean they're pushovers. And I guess gays are standing up for their rights...wherever that takes them. If a restaurant is donating to anti-gay groups then what is wrong with gays wanting to boycott that restaurant and getting others to do so too? That's not anti-religion.
Holy chicken

United States

#21 Jul 27, 2012
Yay Target and Amazon. I hope their stocks go through the roof. I'm glad that they have the decency and common knowledge to realize that the view is shifting against the bigoted and bias thumpers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do black men prefer white women? (May '14) 4 min Bert 986
Beer Joint 6 min Bert 11
Owner of Bar 12 min health inspector 12
Boy 13 min health inspector 3
Alpha Contracting - Travis Hicks 1 hr Cody 3
Wished she was mine. Help 6 hr God it good 35
Raleigh General Hospital is AWFUL (Sep '10) 11 hr pyle 232
Somenthing wrapped around ur windshield wiper 15 hr pyle 17

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages