Restoring Honor Rally 8.28.10

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#223 Aug 1, 2010
"Tea Party" Activists Drawn To Williamsburg And Its Portrayal Of Founding Fathers

By Amy Gardner
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Williamsburg executives said they have certainly noticed the influx of tea partiers, and have also noted a rise in the number of guests at the museum who ply the costumed actors for advice about how best to rebel against 21st-century politicians."

OMG. What a spectacle. They must think it's a training camp.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
JamieWV

Rocky Mount, NC

#224 Aug 1, 2010
sounds like Willismsburg is getting alot of business... and thats a good thing.

Topix

#225 Aug 1, 2010
Yeah, that sure is a good thing.
JamieWV

Rocky Mount, NC

#226 Aug 1, 2010
yepper it is.

Topix

#227 Aug 1, 2010
Well, I've been to Williamsburg a lot of times, but I can't imagine anybody behaving like the article described the Tea Party tourists as doing. It depicts them as sounding like they truly don't know that the colonial characters employed there are just average local people in costumes earning a living.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#228 Aug 2, 2010
It's not difficult for me to understand....having been to Williamsburg and knowing something about the mindset of the teapartiers. They're taking the opportunity to voice their opinions about the current situation by comparing it favorably to the revolution against England. The fact that they are wrong in so many ways is not apparent to them. They're playing a role right along with the impersonators of the founders of our country.

I just learned that my friend is taking his family there this week....I wonder if he's gong because of Beck's show also....he's extremely rightwing.

Topix

#229 Aug 2, 2010
Oh, I said I can't imagine, because I'd be looking for the nearest exit if even one person on a tour made a spectacle of themselves. It wouldn't be fun for me to witness as a tourist. Some people might get into it, but it isn't my cup of...oh...tea! LOL.
tallcotton

United States

#230 Aug 2, 2010
It's almost enough to make me wish they hadn't closed down all the sanitariums. The Tea Party is just about Roundup Ready.
JamieWV

Rocky Mount, NC

#231 Aug 2, 2010
Far be it for me to show emotions,at an event like that, geesh thats horrible, to show enthusiam, or to show emotion during,lets say a movie or , a play, an event that moves you, gosh guys that is horrible, think of all the times people watch "actors" and get moved by there preformance.... ahh such wasted emotions.
Jocelyn

United States

#232 Aug 5, 2010
Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.
Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to Americaís service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nationís founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.
Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.
That is from the main site for 8.28. Says nothing about vets that lost their honor. It's something to honor them and the country's found principles.
JamieWV

Lubbock, TX

#233 Aug 5, 2010
Yep Jocelyn thats what it says , and i cant wait to go thanks for posting.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#234 Aug 5, 2010
"come join us in our pledge to restore honor"

Did we loose it somewhere? If they are saying it's to restore our honor that must mean we've lost it somewhere along the way.

When was that?

I'm sure Beck and Palin will be more than happy to tell everyone when it was that honor was lost.

You guys say hey to all your fellow nutbags at your tea party.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#235 Aug 5, 2010
You guys planning on buying any gold while your there? Goldline is offering a deal - for this one day only they'll sell you $100 worth of gold for only $150.
JamieWV

Rocky Mount, NC

#236 Aug 5, 2010
I didn't hear that one wvit1001.

Topix

#237 Aug 5, 2010
Precisely, 'wvit1001', concerning the name of the event. I'm thrilled to be as free an American as I've ever been, proud to be one, and have never lost how much of an honor it is. I don't think a lot of Tea Party people, if asked, could articulate how they have lost their honor in a way that anyone else could understand. Very disturbing, this movement.
JamieWV

Lubbock, TX

#238 Aug 6, 2010
Whats disturbing is that people "need" to get back to restoring Honor, in their everyday lives, and treating others with respect which has "Honor" in doing so. To treat others as you would want to be treated yourself, with kindness, dignity, and Respect. To take "Honor" in yourself making sure that you inact into your own soul this kindness,dignity, and respect to all people. Its about being Honest to yourself first, and then passing that on to others.

Location hidden

#239 Aug 6, 2010
JamieWV wrote:
Whats disturbing is that people "need" to get back to restoring Honor, in their everyday lives, and treating others with respect which has "Honor" in doing so. To treat others as you would want to be treated yourself, with kindness, dignity, and Respect. To take "Honor" in yourself making sure that you inact into your own soul this kindness,dignity, and respect to all people. Its about being Honest to yourself first, and then passing that on to others.
I agree....civility is needed in every area. Let us see how civil the teapartiers are at their rally. It's not something they have demonstrated very well in the past.
laughable

AOL

#240 Aug 6, 2010
It is funny that the Democrats are asking Republican candidates about thier views on the Tea Party, hoping to detract votes from them. The Tea Party is more popular than the Democratic party. That ploy will probably be as successful as using Obama's endorsement for candidates has been.

Location hidden

#241 Aug 6, 2010
"A new Washington Post/ABC News poll includes questions about the tea parties that have the nascent movement's popularity slipping badly. Overall, since the last poll, the percentage of Americans who hold an unfavorable view of the movement has jumped from 39 percent to 50 percent. The leading edge of that has been a collapse in support from 18-29-year-olds. In March, they had a positive, 43-38 view of the tea parties. They've swung hard to a negative view, 27-60.

One surprising result: a seeming tumble in tea party support from white Southerners. In March, only 30 percent had an unfavorable view of the movement. Now, it's 45 percent."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/20...
JamieWV

Rocky Mount, NC

#242 Aug 10, 2010
New to the 8/28 Rally is ....

8/27 Divine Destiny, 8:00 p.m. John F. Kennedy CTR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans Weak Dumb Trump and Mitch McConnell... 2 hr USS Defiant 10
Church denies woman rights 4 hr Nancy 39
Suddenlink Hijacking Browsers 15 hr Easy Fix 10
Rampant Cell Use While Driving in Beckley Thu Lois 35
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) Thu Jon_B 7,118
What happened to Big Ugly Dave Willis to get ki... Thu JayCee 7
Dr Stinko Going to the Clink Thu Dave 9

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance