Gun at Woodrow Football Game?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#1 Sep 25, 2012
Saw where a middle school student from Beckley Stratton brought weed, alcohol, and a gun to the Woodrow game this past Friday night. He was caught and arrested. Can you seriously not go anywhere these days without thugs ruining it? I say thugs in the sense of trashy white and black folks.
The name of the kid is floating around now.

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#2 Sep 25, 2012
It is sad how kids (young folks) are deciding the path that leads them to destruction , moreover it is sad that people have to worry now about these things and decide when or where it is safe to go. it will only get worse i fear.
Canada wondering

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2012
He was from Beckley-stratton? Dang my kid goes there...
Angel

Beckley, WV

#4 Sep 25, 2012
It is sad that a youngster had access of a gun by way of Some adult, whether directly or indirectly, it was there for the taking; it is sad that a middle-school-aged child is given the reigns to decide his/her path, whether destructive or fruitful (which is why i still dont think 6th graders need to be there and 9th graders dont need to be at Woodrow); it is sad that someone felt they had the need to clarify the use of the term 'thug' by way of race instead of just as it is meant in this instance, a hard-head making bad choices, because if they didnt someone at some point would have jumped all over it. I guess that may be a little much for this topic but i just keep seeing race pop up every which way i look on this site. It's crazy, crazy, crazy! Anyway, somethings gotta give in this place and thats all these damn drugs floating around and people seem to know about it everywhere, but it's like no one can decide on what to do about it, or whatever is being done isnt working; so many people have so many freaking weapons, why?, for what?, they just end up in the wrong hands, even little hands (Lord have mercy), and innocent people get hurt, killed; and kids running around with no curfews or guidance.... Dont matter if they are boys, they need to have their little booties in the house sometime too. Idk if you stop and and watch how this world really spinning sometimes, it'll make you dizzy. ;(
FOOTBALL

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2012
He is one hell of an athlete it's ashame but that's really the only lifestyle this kid knows. Sports out raising hell in. I pray he can turn his life around before someone gets hurt. So much potential in this kid hate to see the prison be his life but we go off example. SAD ill be praying for him
mr. rogers

Beckley, WV

#6 Sep 26, 2012
He also had Coke on him and the gun was loaded.
Sam Slick

Beckley, WV

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Man this is a bad situation that could have become a tragedy in a heart beat. Sounds like no moral up bringing and disrespect for authority. I think mom and dad should answer for this too.
wes

United States

#8 Sep 26, 2012
His dad is in prison, his mom stays in and out of jail, his sister has been locked up what path do you think this kid knows? No help for Isaiah.
i heard

Ardsley, NY

#9 Sep 26, 2012
I heard he had a butterfly knife and when the state police found it he reached for it and there was a small fight over the knife.
wes

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2012
I know this young man. He will kill someone someday. He appears to be a good athlete because he's failed grades couple times. 16 and in the 8th grade
8th grader

Ardsley, NY

#11 Sep 26, 2012
wes wrote:
I know this young man. He will kill someone someday. He appears to be a good athlete because he's failed grades couple times. 16 and in the 8th grade
We have a name yet?
IKNOW

Beckley, WV

#12 Sep 26, 2012
the boy was 14 not 16 and he was kicked out of bs last year for letting an adult come into the buldin that ended up assultting a pricipal.The boy had many chances to travel the right road but always followed trash in the community instead.He had a chance to make his own decissions but always took the wrong road,he is in a place were he needs to be were someone else can make decissions for him and he cant hurt anyone Woodrow needs to get about 15 more just like him out of the school and it would beso much better for the community.How do we allow a student that has already demonstrated he cant go by the school rules to even come on the property?
FOOTBALL

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2012
They have a lot of kids selling and jumping people it's not going to get better before it gets worse. Bad things will happen sorry to say it but its true. The world has changed so we must change too. My kids will know how to protect themselves on every level.

Beckley, WV

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Teach them more than that Football, Teach them how to survive.

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Beckley, WV

#15 Sep 26, 2012
I replied to this on the thread from the news feed, as did a couple of others. This is really sad and ridiculous. Parents need to start caring again. When I was in middle school/high school it wasn't like this (I know ppl hate it when you say that but it's true.) I was in Ohio in the ghetto, and most of the kids got in trouble for fighting. They didn't bring weapons to school. Drugs and alcohol was a different story. I knew a few who did that, and that is just as bad as a weapon. There was one kid that got arrested for making a bomb threat or an anthrax threat or something when anthrax was being sent through the mail a lot back then.
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#16 Sep 26, 2012
The kid is definitely not 14, he is not suppose to be in 8th grade.

Beckley, WV

#17 Sep 26, 2012
Thing's have changed and a lot of parents now a days just want the school to baby sit their children, not all but a lot.... folks have lost touch in what it means to bring up or raise their children, it's a tough job, but we parents are the one's supposed to be doing it. And the society of people today are lazy (not all but some) the result is sad.
Ameanaa

Beckley, WV

#18 Sep 26, 2012
BeckleyFan wrote:
Saw where a middle school student from Beckley Stratton brought weed, alcohol, and a gun to the Woodrow game this past Friday night. He was caught and arrested. Can you seriously not go anywhere these days without thugs ruining it? I say thugs in the sense of trashy white and black folks.
The name of the kid is floating around now.
Before you decide to open your mouth and say something else stupid . Id advise you to know what your talking about. Hes not a thug he my cousin basically my brother. You dont kniw him or why anything happened. Keep your mouth on your own life!!!!!
Ameanaa

Beckley, WV

#19 Sep 26, 2012
[QUOTE who="mr. rogers "]He also had Coke on him and the gun was loaded.[/QUOTE] He had no coke on him . Why cant yall min your business.
Ameanaa

Beckley, WV

#20 Sep 26, 2012
Sam Slick wrote:
Man this is a bad situation that could have become a tragedy in a heart beat. Sounds like no moral up bringing and disrespect for authority. I think mom and dad should answer for this too.
You dont know his mother or his father. So you have no say in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 18 min Sundog512 1,581
natalie and jack 44 min Just saying 77
Woodrow Wilson Cheerleaders 59 min Shame 14
News Beckley man charged with murder 4 hr Injustice 1
Beckley's Catholic Problem 4 hr rcswa 33
Justice for Aaron Williams 4 hr Injustice 6
shannon frazier dead 5 hr JLB 30

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance