read it

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Anyone read the newspaper regarding Olive Garden coming to Beckley? Giving the public a chance for input on the situation.
finally

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

This is a Corporation that wants to come to your town, not a little franchise. They have standard facilities they build, minor mods, no problem; major changes and they will move on.
With this Corporation you don't have to worry about taxes not being paid, or bad conduct at the restaurant. They are "community friendly".
Congratulations and enjoy your Olive Garden!
aww

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Oh HECK yeah!!!!!! woohooo!!
kmm

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Opening November 2012 in front of the Raleigh Mall.
EPT2925

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

I'll believe that when I see it.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

According to the news, they're discussing it Jan. 17, I think. No definite plans yet.
kmm

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I keep telling you guys, but no one will listen. I've seen the building plans, I was there when they got an address for the building so they could have materials delivered and get permits started. It's final. I promise. I wouldn't lie to you guys for nothing.
Jgirl

Sorrento, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Aahhhh... Tour of italy'! Fantastic!!!
read it

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Any other restaurants coming to Beckley in the near future?
Sam Slick

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

I would like to see something come to Beckley that created some good paying jobs. Don't think we necessarily need another restaurant. Look at Ethel I'm too big now.
Pam

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Is golden coral coming to the place on Raleigh Hill where the motel was? Anyione know what is?
EPT2925

Tarboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Hopefully Beckley focuses on other things besides more restaurants. We need better traffic control and wider roads instead of gas stations, pharmacies, and restaurants.
angie

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

keep me informed
medstudent1

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

The public hearing is set for this evening to review the plans! Hopefully some good news will come out of this! Does anyone know exactly where on the property of the Raleigh Mall that Olive Garden plans on building? Will it be adjacent to Cheddar's?
Level 3

Since: Jan 12

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

It's been confirmed! Olive Garden will locate in Beckley, WV at the site of the Raleigh Mall. They hope to break ground in April and open by November. Finally, the rumors can be put to rest!

Level 4

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

medstudent1 wrote:
It's been confirmed! Olive Garden will locate in Beckley, WV at the site of the Raleigh Mall. They hope to break ground in April and open by November. Finally, the rumors can be put to rest!
Hahahaha!
I told you all so!.
I just came in here to gloat and rub it in the faces of all the naysayers who ran their mouths and said "THEY WILL NEVER COME".
You were wrong and I am right as usual.
SUCK ON IT LOSERS!!!!

“Score Keeper Score Keeper”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Yep, i just had somebody from Charleston on my Facebook page tell me construction starts in April on Olive Garden, and when you have an Olive Garden a Red Lobster usually follows.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Score Keeper The Greatest wrote:
Yep, i just had somebody from Charleston on my Facebook page tell me construction starts in April on Olive Garden, and when you have an Olive Garden a Red Lobster usually follows.
As of this time, no Red Lobster, only Cheddars.
Coalminers Wife

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

With no objections being voiced during a public hearing the Beckley Planning Commission unanimously passed the site plan review for construction of an Olive Garden restaurant in the Raleigh Mall.
Final approval is contingent on the restaurant’s compliance with the City of Beckley Stormwater Management Ordinance.
Zoning Officer Bob Cannon made the recommendation to the commissioners to pass the site plan.
He said a special notice was sent to 17 owners or residents within 300 feet of the property prior to the public hearing and said, he received multiple calls in support of the restaurant, and no objections.
“One person said,‘Why didn’t it open yesterday,” expressing his happiness for the long awaited restaurant, Cannon said.
The restaurant, which is slated to break ground in April, will be an 7,537 square foot establishment with 128 parking spaces and five handicapped accessible spots. They have also agreed to landscape 607.5 square feet of the property.
The landscaping, parking, signage, building architecture and site design will harmonize with its surroundings, Cannon explained.
The owner agrees to provide adequate methods of sewage and refuse disposal and protection from pollution of both ground and surface water, including controlling soil erosion during and after construction, Cannon explained.
“Darden Restaurants, who owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster, among several others, have been in the process of trying to locate at a Beckley site for at least 15 years,” Cannon said.“The public support for Olive Garden has been overwhelming. This is one of the few times we have had total support for a project.”
Brent Mashchak, site development director for Darden Restaurants, explained the timeline for the construction of Olive Garden.
“The developer is supposed to turn the site over to us in April. It generally takes six months for construction so, given everything goes as planned, Olive Garden should be open this fall for all of Beckley to enjoy,” he said.“The company is looking forward to being part of the community.”
But Olive Garden isn’t the only new establishment coming to Beckley. According to Cannon, Cheddar’s Casual Cafe is currently under construction at Raleigh Mall.
Before too long, once you enter Raleigh Mall from Robert C. Byrd Drive, you will see Olive Garden on the left and Cheddar’s on the right, Cannon explained.
And Mashchak confirmed Red Lobster may, too, join the list of new eateries to coming to the area.
“I know they have been looking for a site in Beckley for some time, and they still are,” he said.
— E-mail: kvanpelt@register-herald.com
Yes there will be one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bundy vs United States Government 13 min Lesson Learned 165
Top 10 signs why all Christians are crazy Funda... (Apr '11) 53 min FDG 267
Honda Motorcycles 1 hr Soichiro Honda 4
rUsSiA 1 hr truth 574
Did Ameica bring democracy to Afghanistan? 1 hr Its Coming 31
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr George 43,267
Chick Fil-A Wants You To Forget About Their Hom... 2 hr As IF 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beckley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••