Shooting in Shady Springs

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#1 Nov 20, 2008
If Cameron Taylor admitted to shooting the car that Chris Palmer was in...and he shot him in the back of his head then why are there not charges? Does this even make sense? I think that he should surely be behind bars..
curious

Falls Church, VA

#2 Nov 21, 2008
Is this the Chris Palmer from Hinton ?
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#3 Nov 21, 2008
yes it is
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#4 Nov 21, 2008
he is still alive and in stable condition...or was last I heard an update last night
Interesting

Lubbock, TX

#5 Nov 21, 2008
When and where did this happen?(where in shady?)

Were pills involved?
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#6 Nov 21, 2008
I don't know if pills were involved or not. It happened yesterday afternoon around one. Pluto Rd I believe is what was reported on the news.

And Cameron Taylor is still NOT in jail. I would think that they would at least charge him with attempted murder!!!
gun owner control

Waynesboro, VA

#7 Nov 21, 2008
Man if this isn't a statement about GUN OWNER control I don't know what is. They don't need to regulate guns themselves they need to further screen and possibly drug test people before allowing them to purchase any type of firearm at all! Poor kid hope he pulls through
U r right to a point

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2008
gun owner control wrote:
Man if this isn't a statement about GUN OWNER control I don't know what is. They don't need to regulate guns themselves they need to further screen and possibly drug test people before allowing them to purchase any type of firearm at all! Poor kid hope he pulls through
I agree that people shouldnt just be able to walk up to a counter and purchase a gun but if someone who is a derilict wants a gun they usually dont do it the legal way anyhow. The person who did the shooting, was it with a gun they had purchased?
My prayers are with the boy who was shot and his family as well.
SHOCKED

Winterville, NC

#9 Nov 21, 2008
WHO WAS DRIVING THE CAR? AND WHERE ARE THEY AT? AND WHERE(CITY) ARE THEY FROM?
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#10 Nov 22, 2008
Apparently Cameron Taylor who shot Palmer was arrested that day on unrelated charges and release on bond and they are now saying that it was road rage. They boys were argueing and chaseing each other...on and off the road...and the cars even hit at one point. They had ongoing issues with each other (which I do know for a fact) and until the stories get ironed out and they know for sure what happened they are not pressing charges. I am sorry but wether it was road rage or not no one should have been shot, Taylor should not have had a gun in his car, and violence is not the answer. Chelsie Williams was driving the car that Palmer was in. From the news article in the Register Herald this morning both boys had their girlfriends with them but I do not know who was driving Taylor when it all happened. Both boys live in Shady Springs but Palmer is from Hinton origionally.
ralph

Sulphur Springs, TX

#11 Nov 22, 2008
If they would get a job where they had to work hard, het wouldn't have energy to be doing that silly stuff. Carrying a gun in a car shows he still has a lesson to learn. Definitely not mature. Shooting someone is not roadrage, it is attempted murder.
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#12 Nov 22, 2008
I completely agree that it is attempted murder. I don't care how long they had not been getting along...or anything about road rage...it is attempted murder.. I would like to know what kind of gun it was because if I am not mistaken and I may be wrong..but don't you have to be 21 to carry a concealed weapon?? So would that not be a charge as well?? Seriously what is the Sherriff's Department thinking on this one?
shady shady shady shady

Sulphur Springs, TX

#13 Nov 22, 2008
Believe so, 21 to carry a concealed weapon. No charges for that one either?
Wonder if they had drug dogs at the crime scene?
---
Road rage my butt!
---
"Police have received conflicting information as to who instigated the incident."
- Now that statement is crazy! Is it not?
Why does it matter who instigated it?
Shooting someone is an attempt to murder? Last time I checked.
(palmer is still alive, right? and doing well?)

The crazy thing, Taylor admitted to shooting Palmer, right?, so why isn't he in jail?
The way the paper reads he was arrested on an "unrelated" warrant and released on bond.

When will Taylor be arrested for shooting Palmer?

They arrest and jail people for crazy stuff but let a person that has attempted murder go?
hhhhhmmmm
disapointed

Snowshoe, WV

#14 Nov 22, 2008
just does not understand wrote:
I don't know if pills were involved or not. It happened yesterday afternoon around one. Pluto Rd I believe is what was reported on the news.
And Cameron Taylor is still NOT in jail. I would think that they would at least charge him with attempted murder!!!
Charge him,, LOL ,,,Give him a medal and a free weeks lesson at a gun school see If his aim can be improved ,,!!
just does not understand

Montgomery, TX

#15 Nov 22, 2008
At least I am not the only sane person!! I just can't believe how the system works..
ralph

Sulphur Springs, TX

#16 Nov 22, 2008
Maybe they're waiting to see if the other boy dies so they can charge him with murder. Saves them on paperwork that way lol!
Hello

Waynesboro, VA

#17 Nov 25, 2008
Wow Taylor must really know some beckley cops to get away with this crap for so long. OH wait I think the problem is Beckley Cops don't know how to investigate ANYTHING!..... Our tires were slashed and they said do you know who did it. I said well no not 100% but I have a pretty good idea they said well when you know for 100% call us back and we will go give them a ticket
HUH

United States

#18 Nov 25, 2008
Hello wrote:
Wow Taylor must really know some beckley cops to get away with this crap for so long. OH wait I think the problem is Beckley Cops don't know how to investigate ANYTHING!..... Our tires were slashed and they said do you know who did it. I said well no not 100% but I have a pretty good idea they said well when you know for 100% call us back and we will go give them a ticket
The last time I checked Shady is not in Beckley.
oh well

Sulphur Springs, TX

#19 Nov 25, 2008
Its going to get better hold on to your seats citizens, wait til you get four more years of it,I really feel sorry for the citizens of this county, its only going to get worse,carry a big gun and walk softly..........because no one in this county cares what happens.remember they gave the drug dog away. They could care less along as they get their pay check..........
ralph

Sulphur Springs, TX

#20 Nov 25, 2008
oh well wrote:
Its going to get better hold on to your seats citizens, wait til you get four more years of it,I really feel sorry for the citizens of this county, its only going to get worse,carry a big gun and walk softly..........because no one in this county cares what happens.remember they gave the drug dog away. They could care less along as they get their pay check..........
Running for office wasn't crowded was it? Where was the state police?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Levin Barry A (Sep '13) 30 min Markcui 17
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 45 min Doug77 7,199
Whitney Bsharah (Aug '16) 5 hr Anonymous 4
Ibex supervisor 6 hr Dodger 8
Sears at Crossroads closing ? (Jul '14) 7 hr Credit card 46
Taco Bell 7 hr Just Asking 3
Frontier vs Suddenlink 7 hr Nine 3

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance