Loyal RN

United States

#426 Nov 23, 2007
We appreciate Governor Manchin's support and concern. Keep up the good fight WVNA!!! Just remember, we will prevail.

Since: Oct 07

Hurricane, WV

#427 Nov 25, 2007
major pain wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS! MY BAD THATS WWW.SCAB.ORG
I'm a scab, from Yessin, AND the CEO. Where do I ever find the time to post on here!

What's the next website you're going to post? For the KKK, Hitler, what? Since you have so much hate for scabs, I am sure you hate plenty of other people in this world.

I find it quite humorous the striking nurses are applying for UNEMPLOYMENT! Yeah, let me support you while you stand by the road with a job waiting for you that you are fully capable of working. They got denied in the last strike and you will get denied as well. This is the most absurd thing I have heard about this strike. Why do you think you are entitled to unemployment when you walked off your job and refuse to go back to it? Gimme a break. If you can't deal with the consequences of being on strike, then you need to go back to work.
Loyal RN

United States

#428 Nov 25, 2007
mtneer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a scab, from Yessin, AND the CEO. Where do I ever find the time to post on here!
What's the next website you're going to post? For the KKK, Hitler, what? Since you have so much hate for scabs, I am sure you hate plenty of other people in this world.
I find it quite humorous the striking nurses are applying for UNEMPLOYMENT! Yeah, let me support you while you stand by the road with a job waiting for you that you are fully capable of working. They got denied in the last strike and you will get denied as well. This is the most absurd thing I have heard about this strike. Why do you think you are entitled to unemployment when you walked off your job and refuse to go back to it? Gimme a break. If you can't deal with the consequences of being on strike, then you need to go back to work.
I think that we have all paid our fair shares to unemployment, Thank you very much. You haven't done anything for us. Well, let me take that back, you add fuel to the fire, making us that much more determined to win. We are dealing with the consequences; Rome wasn't built in a day. And safe staffing issues can't be solved in aday
wow

Nicholasville, KY

#429 Nov 25, 2007
It's a sad situation when personal attacks and paranoia is all some people can cling to.
sickofu

United States

#430 Nov 25, 2007
mtneer wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you supporting us?
Maybe, because ARH left negotiation 3 or 4 days early and gave its last, best, and final offer.
Could it be because ARH will not negotiate even during the meetings?

Hurricane, WV

#431 Nov 26, 2007
Loyal RN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that we have all paid our fair shares to unemployment, Thank you very much. You haven't done anything for us. Well, let me take that back, you add fuel to the fire, making us that much more determined to win. We are dealing with the consequences; Rome wasn't built in a day. And safe staffing issues can't be solved in aday
Oh, is that how it works? I've been paying into soc. sec. for a while now. Maybe I can go ahead and retire early and start drawing from that! Give me a break. I would be supporting you all by paying my taxes, so you can get unemployment assistance because you refuse to work your job. I don't really have to worry about it though, because it's going to get denied.

You were not fired, you were not laid off, ARH didn't close. You CHOSE to go on strike and knew the consequences of doing so, which going without pay is one of those consequences, as is going without any of your benefits. I guess you're going to apply for Medicaid next, huh?

You have a job waiting for you, but you refuse to work it. There are millions of people in this country that would love to have a job they could go to.

Hurricane, WV

#432 Nov 26, 2007
^^ EDIT: If you are trying to claim under your unemployment insurance, then no, I will not be supporting you, but at any rate, your claim should be denied.
Loyal RN

United States

#433 Nov 26, 2007
mtneer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that how it works? I've been paying into soc. sec. for a while now. Maybe I can go ahead and retire early and start drawing from that! Give me a break. I would be supporting you all by paying my taxes, so you can get unemployment assistance because you refuse to work your job. I don't really have to worry about it though, because it's going to get denied.
You were not fired, you were not laid off, ARH didn't close. You CHOSE to go on strike and knew the consequences of doing so, which going without pay is one of those consequences, as is going without any of your benefits. I guess you're going to apply for Medicaid next, huh?
You have a job waiting for you, but you refuse to work it. There are millions of people in this country that would love to have a job they could go to.
That's probably what you'll do: go on social security. The easy way out; the way it seems that you always CHOoSE. Choose to be bullied by a corporation. Choose to deny your morals for the sake of employment. Choose to ridicule others for standing for what they believe in. I think the reason that you are so upset is because you envy us. Envy our stamina. Envy our nerve. Envy us, in general.

wow

Hazard, KY

#434 Nov 26, 2007
This union is even a bigger joke than the USW was.

Hurricane, WV

#435 Nov 26, 2007
I particularly like how the nurses from SCARH aren't even dedicated enough to stand on the picket line themselves. The union has to send people in to huddle in the little hut with the heat because the nurses don't want to.
major pain

Conroe, TX

#436 Nov 26, 2007
wow wrote:
We will win our unemployment case. This is a non-economic STRIKE. Our case is based on unfair labor practices and patient safety. Wonder how ARH can steal money from its RNs and disregard a judges order to give us our money? ARH blatently stole 4 hours a week from all of us after signing a legally binding contract. They did this unilaterally and without regard to the contract that they themselves agreed upon. Unemployment here I come. That money spends just as good as ARHs does. You know what i think we can all get food stamps and medical cards too.

Hurricane, WV

#437 Nov 26, 2007
Here's a novel idea... work 40 hours... get paid for 40 hours! I don't think it's some far fetched idea that you should get paid for what you work. Did ARH limit your hours to 36 after that decision was made, or just make you work 4 extra hours?

Your case became based on unfair labor practices and patient safety AFTER you realized that striking for economic reasons would severely hurt your cause and would allow ARH to replace you permanently.
Havereturned2

AOL

#438 Nov 26, 2007
mtneer wrote:
I particularly like how the nurses from SCARH aren't even dedicated enough to stand on the picket line themselves. The union has to send people in to huddle in the little hut with the heat because the nurses don't want to.
I think that little hut is neat. They have the right to get out of the cold a few minutes.
Like I said the strike has nothing to do with you so quit being so jealous.
Havereturned2

AOL

#439 Nov 26, 2007
major pain wrote:
<quoted text>
We will win our unemployment case. This is a non-economic STRIKE. Our case is based on unfair labor practices and patient safety. Wonder how ARH can steal money from its RNs and disregard a judges order to give us our money? ARH blatently stole 4 hours a week from all of us after signing a legally binding contract. They did this unilaterally and without regard to the contract that they themselves agreed upon. Unemployment here I come. That money spends just as good as ARHs does. You know what i think we can all get food stamps and medical cards too.
You go, nurses!!!
major pain

Conroe, TX

#440 Nov 26, 2007
Heres another novel idea....DONT SIGN A CONTRACT THAT YOU DONT INTEND TO HONOR!!!!! ITS ILLEGAL.
THREE JUDGES HAVE ALREADY RULED IN OUR FAVOR AND WE WILL GET THAT MONEY! I worked at a minimum, 8 hours FORCED overtime every pay period and i have pay stubs to prove it. These are very helpful in OUR CASE. You have no idea what its like to work with critical patients. Dont tell me to work 40 hours, Ill leave that to the paper pushers like yourself. Come try my job YOU WOULD LEAVE OUT OF THERE CRYING!!!! If ARH could replace me they would have already. Seven replacement workers isnt gonna cut the mustard. ARH would try to work 7 nurses in the whole hospital if they could get away with it.
major pain

Conroe, TX

#441 Nov 26, 2007
County takes nurses’ side; ARH calls action ‘damaging’
By Russ Cassady Staff Writer
Despite being offered more moderate alternatives, the Pike Fiscal Court Monday passed a resolution expressing disappointment in the management of Appalachian Regional Healthcare over the ongoing nurses strike.
A top ARH official responded to the action yesterday, saying they would consider it as they evaluate the organization’s operations in the county, which include some 500 employees.(does this sound like a threat to you guys)
The vote was cast under the watchful eye of a packed courtroom, with more than 100 members of the United Steelworkers of America, Local 14581, nurses from Williamson ARH and local legislators Ray S. Jones II and W. Keith Hall present to show their support for the striking healthcare workers.
The court had its choice of three resolutions, and chose one presented to the court by Steelworkers Local 14581 Vice President Gypsy Cantrell, which had strong wording against the hospital chain’s management.
“The Pike County Fiscal Court disapproves of and is disappointed in the hospital for using out of county replacement nurses to fill the position of those on strike,” the resolution states.“This will result in a lower standard of care for the citizens of Pike County and make it more difficult to reach a fair labor agreement.
“...The Pike County Fiscal Court urges Appalachian Regional Healthcare to make every effort to resolve this matter as quickly as possible in order to provide the best health care for the citizens of Pike County, to restore order to our community, put our citizens back to work and to stop endangering the health of our citizens by providing a fair labor agreement for the Kentucky Nurses Association.”
ARH President and Chief Executive Officer Jerry Haynes responded to the resolution yesterday in a letter to Pike Judge-Executive Wayne T. Rutherford, blasting the court throughout for its actions and defending his company.
However, he saved his harshest statement for the last line of the letter.
“While the goal of ARH Management and the ARH Board of Trustees is to end the strike, return all of our registered nurses to work and work with our communities to improve their healthcare, we must seriously consider this resolution, as we evaluate the future of all ARH operations in Pike County,” Haynes wrote.
Haynes stated that taking sides in the process “only serves to complicate the efforts to reach an agreement that is fair for everyone.”
major pain

Conroe, TX

#442 Nov 26, 2007
wow wrote:
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve!!!!!
major pain

Conroe, TX

#443 Nov 26, 2007
mtneer wrote:
Here's a novel idea... work 40 hours... get paid for 40 hours! I don't think it's some far fetched idea that you should get paid for what you work. Did ARH limit your hours to 36 after that decision was made, or just make you work 4 extra hours?
Your case became based on unfair labor practices and patient safety AFTER you realized that striking for economic reasons would severely hurt your cause and would allow ARH to replace you
permanently.
Looks like Jerry Haynes has his PANTIES IN A WAD.
He didnt get his way and now he has turned to threats and intimidation. Its sad to see him lose it like that. You should tell him that making threats is only gonna piss the judges off more and make him look worse than he already does.
wow

Nicholasville, KY

#444 Nov 26, 2007
the 36/40 has nothing to do with this strike. The judgment is in appeals and when the legal system works itself out, the verdict will be upheld. I'm sorry you have a problem with the way the American government runs its legal system. Maybe you should write a letter to your senator.

It's not a very smart idea for the county to try to piss off what I'm guessing is by far the largest private employer in the county, especially when the hospital is one of the lower producing hospitals in the chain.

People also don't realize that Summers was very very close to being shut down in the last strike. Guess what happens if Summers is shut down? You think they are keeping only one hospital open in WV? It's already decided that if Summers is closed then Beckley is too. Looks like you may have a legitimate shot at that unemployment.

Hurricane, WV

#445 Nov 27, 2007
“The Pike County Fiscal Court disapproves of and is disappointed in the hospital for using out of county replacement nurses to fill the position of those on strike,”

So let me get this straight. The Court would rather the hospital shut down completely rather than hire replacement workers? That's real smart. Talk about lowering the standard of care! I know everybody wants the strike to be over, but it is what it is. ARH has to keep the doors to it's hospitals open, so they are going to hire replacement nurses to make sure the patients are cared for and they remain open. If they think they are going to find in-county nurses to cover for the striking nurses, they're insane.

ARH doesn't tell the courts what decisions to make and how to run things, they need to stay out of ARH's business. These small towns/counties don't realize what a huge part these hospitals play in servicing the community and employing the residents. Summers has been threatened with being closed many times and if this strike continues, it very well may be shut down eventually. So tell me, what is endangering the patients and citizens that you supposedly care so much about more, slightly overworked nurses, or having to drive an hour to get to a hospital? How many people will die because they can't make the hour trip to the hospital or die on the way?

Your union officials and the ones coming here supporting you, like the AFL-CIO could care less about health care in the mountains. They want their $1 Million+ dues and are also using your strike to further their cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating at Raleigh general hospital 5 min Bbq 16
does anyone no a lorie haley 1 hr OLD DIRTY MAN 16
Cheating cops 2 hr Eric Leb 9
Israel Lobby (Mar '13) 4 hr Israel Lobby 113
Joe Manchin Supports Iran Nuke Deal 4 hr Israel Lobby 15
VOSS Water and GOV FOOD STAMPS 4 hr Cracker Cartel 2
Jason N Debra Raleigh Ridge trash 7 hr Lol 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages