mizzlesch

United States

#1 Dec 6, 2017
Did anybody hear what sounded like an explosion about 20 minutes ago?
Ubotherme

Beckley, WV

#2 Dec 6, 2017
mizzlesch wrote:
no where u at
Chuck Jagermiester

Miami, FL

#3 Dec 6, 2017
Twice actually. Within 10 minutes of each other as I came home from work.... and a third just now.

What is most likely is that actual mine operations are starting to open back up and people just forgot what work sounded like.

Also, good chance this might just be the fact it is hunting season.

Then there is supposedly a conspiracy theory that a lot of these booms have been going on all across the country with no explanation.

https://youtu.be/CHtrfJG0fAI...

Not saying that is true. Only that it is not only happening here if in the unlikely event that is what it is.
mizzlesch

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2017
Mercer Co. people said they heard it in Fayette co. too.
Tony

Bladensburg, MD

#5 Dec 6, 2017
It is true. I heard two loud booms separated by 10 minutes or more.
KIM

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 6, 2017
I heard 1 in Crab Orchard at that time. It shook the house,,and windows,,was real loud and lasted about 3 seconds .
Betty

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Dec 6, 2017
I have been hearing those all day. Raleigh County
Ubotherme

Beckley, WV

#8 Dec 6, 2017
That's weird. I haven't heard anything. I've been in Beaver all day
mizzlesch

United States

#9 Dec 7, 2017
Chuck Jagermiester wrote:
Twice actually. Within 10 minutes of each other as I came home from work.... and a third just now.

What is most likely is that actual mine operations are starting to open back up and people just forgot what work sounded like.

Also, good chance this might just be the fact it is hunting season.

Then there is supposedly a conspiracy theory that a lot of these booms have been going on all across the country with no explanation.

https://youtu.be/CHtrfJG0fAI...

Not saying that is true. Only that it is not only happening here if in the unlikely event that is what it is.
Yes, people all over the US have been hearing booms with no identifiable source for a few years now - it happened here this past summer and people thought it was a meteor, but that was disproven. And if anybody went hunting with a gun that was so powerful a shot could be heard in a 100 mile radius? Wow.
Chuck Jagermiester

Miami, FL

#10 Dec 8, 2017
mizzlesch wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, people all over the US have been hearing booms with no identifiable source for a few years now - it happened here this past summer and people thought it was a meteor, but that was disproven. And if anybody went hunting with a gun that was so powerful a shot could be heard in a 100 mile radius? Wow.
Just as much as I was not saying it was true, I was also not saying it is not true either. Was just bringing it up because most people are unaware of the reports, but I do not put much stock into conspiracy theories as a rule regardless of the claim. The fact it seems predominantly being covered by conspiracy theorists rather than local or national news outlets does not encourage me to come off that position. Show me compelling evidence and Ill be more than happy to consider it further at that time for questions of validity.

Also, Yesterday, mid down Beckley crossing plaza roughly 4pm heard one drop. It will be nigh on impossible to distinguish this from being Arial, underground, natural environmental or man made.

For all we really know and can prove so far, it could be a 1984 Honda civic backfiring. Would like to figure out who to address it to in order to get it investigated.
Joe

Crozet, VA

#11 Dec 9, 2017
I farted.——-
Joe

Crozet, VA

#12 Dec 9, 2017
Ubotherme wrote:
That's weird. I haven't heard anything. I've been in Beaver all day
I was in a Beaver part of last nite. Things smell pretty fishy today.
Really

United States

#13 Dec 9, 2017
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a Beaver part of last nite. Things smell pretty fishy today.
You should have kept your beaver in the house. This happens every time she gets out.
Melony

Crozet, VA

#14 Dec 11, 2017
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have kept your beaver in the house. This happens every time she gets out.
. It was ur daddy’s beaver.
Lost

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Jan 9, 2018
Cold air,sounds travel farther and more if no mountainous terrain, the explosions are the blasting on coalfield expressway,
2 posts removed
Chaz

Beckley, WV

#18 Jan 11, 2018
mizzlesch wrote:
It is the rock quarry on North Sand Branch Road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin bacon 13 hr Biggen 2
Impeach Trump: Sign this petition. (Mar '18) 13 hr Biggen 66
Beckley football still hasn't found the right c... 13 hr ShadyRocks 9
Pasquale's or Olive Garden? (Jan '13) 20 hr Son of Sam 52
bingo hall 20 hr Son of Sam 3
Singles Group (Jan '12) 20 hr Son of Sam 29
aso providers (Feb '18) 21 hr Trouble 7

Beckley Jobs

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages