Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

hard to believe so many people are so envious of one family. I travel along Ragland Road several times a week, I have never seen the Eplings out there forcing anyone into their stadium.
Thanks to them, we have minor league baseball in Beckley, middle school kids get to play on a great new field and paid instruction is available for those who may want it. Parents will judge if the instruction is right for thier kid and are free to use it or not.

“ad hominem = ignorance”

Level 4

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

lies wrote:
Then why did I sit through games at some of the crappiest fields in the region? The league is all an effort to get kids into Upper Deck "training academy". You folks and this league are NOT what you want people to think.
I'm sure the "Reverend" will have a response,and so be it. Ask any other parent whose kids have played in the middle school league. What a crock!
The league is not associated with the school system, either. DOn't be fooled. Why pay to play when there's Babe Ruth League? I made the mistake one season with one kid. I won't do it again. And yes, I am entitled to my opinion!
So lets be specific.

1- What field did you play on? These generalities really do not make sense.

2- The league Teams are are named after the districts. Why would they be part of the public school system?

3- You can play for Babe Ruth, no one has said you can't or demeaned that system for an avenue to play baseball. Poling does his best and his heart is in the right place.
Jolo Pastor

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

You are stil a jerk Epling, Matt E
Bball mom

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

"Pastor", don't you detail cars for a living? Maybe you should stick to that. I didn't say you demeaned anything. Poling is a GREAT, sincere man. You could learn from him. Again, washing cars is likely more your forte.

Anyway, I stated what I know to be true.Sorry you and a couple of butt-kissers don't like it. Too bad for you. Let me guess though....anyone who dares disagree with you and your family is "just jealous". MMMMMMHHHMMMMMMMM..........
1 post removed
WorkingMan

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

First off Doug Epling may own a baseball complex, but does not own any mines.. He hires men, and contracts them out to Mining Companies, in other words, he makes money off of another mans labor. In turn I would like someone to investigate the death of Terry Craze, who was hired by Epling. and see how Doug Epling denied him and his family their 401k and life insurance!!!
EmpireStrikesBac k

Lexington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Bball mom wrote:
"Pastor", don't you detail cars for a living? Maybe you should stick to that. I didn't say you demeaned anything. Poling is a GREAT, sincere man. You could learn from him. Again, washing cars is likely more your forte.
Anyway, I stated what I know to be true.Sorry you and a couple of butt-kissers don't like it. Too bad for you. Let me guess though....anyone who dares disagree with you and your family is "just jealous". MMMMMMHHHMMMMMMMM..........
What does his work as an Auto Detailing business owner, have anything to do with this? In fact, he is a respectable business man who from what I have heard, does an excellent job in his business.

Being rude to him (Matthew Epling)and then bragging about a failed babe ruth program is really funny! Here let me laugh for your remarks HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.... . ok now back to your remarks.

You call them butt kissers? Answer their questions, What fields are they talking about? I have been to many of the Middle School games, and everyone were on the Stadium grounds. In fact, ALL of my childs games were played there. So either put up or SHUT UP!

Matthew came out here and gave a legitimate answer. He said the price is 160 or so dollars... someone said it was 300. That person who said "300" was either lying or totally misinformed.

Instead of creating crap here, call the field and have Tim Epling the owner of the baseball league, give you the real answers. I guess that wont happen because your full of crap.
informed citizen

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Poster "lies" wrote:

"Why pay to play when there's Babe Ruth League?"

~~~~~~

Exactly! That's the parents' choice - same as paying for anything else not available in the school system - piano lessons, dance lessons, gymnastics, karate

If you want to pay for your kid to be on a team or be a cheerleader - GO FOR IT - but don't complain about the price - whether it's $150,$165 or even $300. It's extra things you pay to spoil your kid. Yeah, I did some of those things, but I never cried about it - I did it because I wanted to for my kids to have what I didn't have & do what other kids were doing. Did they need it? gain a whole lot from it? Probably not...but I hope they appreciated it and learned team work, respect, following orders and sportsmanship; things lacking from many of the adults here.
Softballmom

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

The girls softball middle school league only played the championship game at the stadium. All the other games they played were played at Fitzpatrick park. Why aren't the girls given equal opportunity
Mike

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Softballmom wrote:
The girls softball middle school league only played the championship game at the stadium. All the other games they played were played at Fitzpatrick park. Why aren't the girls given equal opportunity
Oh God a feminist lol
Goober4president 2012

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Softballmom wrote:
How many teams were there in softball? Equal opportunity tehehehehe.
Softballmom

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

How many high school baseball teams in this area made the state tournament last year? Just saying
Softballmom

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

There were only 4 teams so it should not have been to difficult to get them the field
Softballdad

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

I think if the girls play the same money they should play on the nice turf
Softballmum

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Wasn't it their first year? I think if there are only 4 teams, they should not have softball at all. How many baseball teams did they have?

And from the sound of the softballmom, I know if I were a decision maker, there would be no more softball there. Let em go back to travel leagues and little league. It aint worth it.
tammy

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Insurance dont cost that kind of money tim is putting that money in his pocket cause he dont WORK
Baseball FaN

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

tammy wrote:
Insurance dont cost that kind of money tim is putting that money in his pocket cause he dont WORK
Let's see, Tim Epling owns the Middle School league. He organizes the league, schedules the league, overseas the league, and he "Dont Work"... really?

Tammy get off welfare.
tammy

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

NO he dosent he never has he depends on his mommy and daddy for money just like always
tammy

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

If he oversees the league, he does a piss poor job some of the teams are run like a dictator is in charge when you bring something to tim he dont have the balls to say anything to them and the only people that gets hurt are the KIDS grow some balls tim and by the way insurance only costs about 1000 dollars for the entire league to be covered so tell another lie
Ol Baseball coach

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

The facts and only the facts!
ALL of the MSBL games are played at Epling Stadium. It is the best quality of youth baseball played in southern WV. Each team has the best players from each of the school districts. I see the games a couple of nights a week. It's like the all star teams from each district every night. My only complaint is...all this baseball and no hot dogs!
Ol Baseball coach

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Softballmom wrote:
How many high school baseball teams in this area made the state tournament last year? Just saying
The same amount of high school teams make it to Charleston every year. And Wyoming East won the AA Championship!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of78
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Beckley Forum right now

Search the Beckley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min fitness-guru 44,095
Georgia "Carry anwhere" law. 11 min John 3
Was there a shooting at Morgans last night? 18 min intheknow 42
Best pediatrician? (Aug '09) 24 min Tracie 79
Darlene dumpit 29 min huh 2
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 1 hr jimmy love found raped 3,909
BARH horrible Bosses horrible working conditions 1 hr Jan Care Worker 1
Another Start Like Viet Nam ? 1 hr Bruce 49
•••
•••
•••
Beckley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beckley Jobs

•••
•••