What is a Pre-Trial Felon

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
information needed

Beckley, WV

#1 Jan 16, 2011
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what a Pre-Trial Felon is?
Fish

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 16, 2011
A pre trial felon is a person who is not yet convicted of a felony and is still awaiting trial... but has been charged with a felon
information needed

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Thanks Fish, another question if you can answer please, my soon to be ex has been in jail for 3 days and I just found out. A bond has been set for 75,000.00 but I am trying to find out what exactly a felon would be---robbery? drugs?
Fish wrote:
A pre trial felon is a person who is not yet convicted of a felony and is still awaiting trial... but has been charged with a felon
info

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 16, 2011
information needed wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Fish, another question if you can answer please, my soon to be ex has been in jail for 3 days and I just found out. A bond has been set for 75,000.00 but I am trying to find out what exactly a felon would be---robbery? drugs?
You can call the jail and ask what the charges are an they will tell you.
Blackhawk

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2011
Thanks Fish, another question if you can answer please, my soon to be ex has been in jail for 3 days and I just found out. A bond has been set for 75,000.00 but I am trying to find out what exactly a felon would be---robbery? drugs?
<quoted text>
Felony... Serious crime
Misdemeanor- Not so serious:)
information needed

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 16, 2011
OK thanks. I just don't know anything about crimes and etc. Thanks for the info. I need some leverage for custody battle.
I know

Daniels, WV

#7 Jan 17, 2011
OK thanks. I just don't know anything about crimes and etc. Thanks for the info. I need some leverage for custody battle.
wow another b*tch baby momma out to ruin her kids life... good job mom
information needed

Beckley, WV

#8 Jan 17, 2011
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Thanks for the compliment
I know

Daniels, WV

#9 Jan 18, 2011
wonderful mother, hope you get your kids taken from you and put with their dad. Do you know how many kids lives are ruined because of so called mothers like you? They'll end up hating you at the end, it always works out like that so have fun while it lasts TOODLES
information needed

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 18, 2011
I know wrote:
wonderful mother, hope you get your kids taken from you and put with their dad. Do you know how many kids lives are ruined because of so called mothers like you? They'll end up hating you at the end, it always works out like that so have fun while it lasts TOODLES
Well if they will let him keep them while he serves 18-20 years, then I guess they can give them to him. I have 2 precious babies that have been hurt, both mentally and physically. They have been taken to drug deals, been left alone while he shoots up. If for some reason he would ever decide to straighten his life up, I would LOVE for them to be a part of his life, because they LOVE their daddy. But until he gets his life in order and gets out of jail, then yes they need to stay away from him. Not everyone's daddy is perfect.
I know

Daniels, WV

#11 Jan 18, 2011
well then I owe you an apology, if what you are saying is true then you should protect the children. I was in a different situation, my husband had left his ex wife because they did not get along. They had a child and she did whatever she could do to hurt my husband which meant using the child to do so. The child was so confused and hurt that she would not even give her dad a hug in front of the mother because the mother was always saying daddy left her (the child) and didn't care about her and she didn't want to disappoint her mother. One piece of advice that you should (but don't obviously have to) follow, never talk bad about the father in front of the children because they do not understand adult situations. They want to love and be loved by both parents and when the mother/ father start talking bad about each other, the children are left thinking " why doesn't my mom/dad love me, what am I doing wrong" very hard on children. Just be a supportive mother the their needs and the rest will fall in place. Good luck
Momma of 2

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2011
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Really....you have nerve....if my kids father went to jail for a felony I would be very upset and would not want them around him! Let me guess you are a felon with kids...congrats!!!! Let's raise more children to walk in the foot steps of you!!!!!!
1 post removed

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Winder, GA

#14 Jul 1, 2011
My friend pre trail felon there driving to newyork from GA his bail is 250,000.00 he got busted with about half gram of meth hey fish how much time do you think that dumass will do good guess would be great thx
Smartass

Beckley, WV

#15 Jul 2, 2011
<quoted text>
Yep Thanks for the compliment
Dont listen to the haters. God I really dislike ignorant people. There are some people out there that only have negative things to say. If a nice word came out of their mouth, they might explode. But you do what you feel in your heart is right by your children. Not everyone that goes to jail deserves to have their kids taken from them, but most do. If he is going to be in jail for as long as you say, you wont have any problems getting full custody anyway. I wish you the best and I hope he gets his life straightened out. Kids never understand when one parent is taken out of their life. Good luck to you and your family.
WOW

Beckley, WV

#16 Jul 2, 2011
In case you didn't notice, she quickly pulled her foot out of her mouth and apologized. Once again someone on topix needed to vent and took it out on someone they didn't know anything about.I applaud you for apologizing "I know". As far as keeping kids away from felons, "smart ass" is right, if you are the parent raising the kids while the other is out breaking the law, by all means do what you feel is right , it is a parents job to protect their kids ... because they have no one else !
riverhippy

Rocky Mount, NC

#17 Jul 2, 2011
I know wrote:
well then I owe you an apology, if what you are saying is true then you should protect the children. I was in a different situation, my husband had left his ex wife because they did not get along. They had a child and she did whatever she could do to hurt my husband which meant using the child to do so. The child was so confused and hurt that she would not even give her dad a hug in front of the mother because the mother was always saying daddy left her (the child) and didn't care about her and she didn't want to disappoint her mother. One piece of advice that you should (but don't obviously have to) follow, never talk bad about the father in front of the children because they do not understand adult situations. They want to love and be loved by both parents and when the mother/ father start talking bad about each other, the children are left thinking " why doesn't my mom/dad love me, what am I doing wrong" very hard on children. Just be a supportive mother the their needs and the rest will fall in place. Good luck
Ok I am not IC biggest fan but what right do you have to jump to the conclusion that she is a bad mother? Shame on you. Just because something kind of sorta of happened to your husband doesn't mean it's the same with her. You really should know a person before you pass judgment on their mothering or fathering for that matter. My mothering have been judged on here and I just think it's stupid. I'm glad you apologized please don't be so quick to judge next time.
riverhippy

Rocky Mount, NC

#18 Jul 2, 2011
IC good luck dear!! I truly wish you the best!! That is awful what your kids have been thru thus far hopefully they will be in a loving secure, safe home with their loving mother. If he is the type of person who needs his rights taken away hopefully something will change his heart at some point and your children will get to see the "dad" he needs to be for them one day!!
confused

Lehigh Acres, FL

#19 Mar 14, 2012
what can I expect to see at a pre trial, can one make resisitution at this time, this is a first time offence for a felony charge
jlp

Alexandria, VA

#20 May 24, 2012
So if ur a pretrial felon are u still locked up or u out cuz in MD we go on pretrial we are out
Ken-Oh

Hampton, VA

#21 Jun 29, 2012
jlp wrote:
So if ur a pretrial felon are u still locked up or u out cuz in MD we go on pretrial we are out
As with all charges, it depends on the bail that's set. If it's a misdemeanor or some minor crime, you may be released on your own recognizance if they feel you're not a flight risk. If it's a felony, then yes you are out "if" you make bail. For felons, it's a extremely rare instance when you are just allowed out on your own recognizance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rightwayauto 53 min sistersalvation 2
billy payne 2 hr just me 9
John Kerry 2 hr Louis 3
GoodBye Beckley -- BRICK BY BRICK 3 hr Lloyd 6
Yesterday's Bar (Jun '15) 5 hr hummm 5
Affinity Coal 6 hr Marcy 4
good martial arts place (Aug '11) 8 hr Carlisle tang 66

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance