Massive miner callbacks and hiring!!!

Posted in the Beckley Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
peenut butter

Beckley, WV

#1 Nov 27, 2012
http://www.register-herald.com/todaysfrontpag...

Thanks obama for ruining the coal industry.

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2012
peenut butter wrote:
http://www.register-herald.com /todaysfrontpage/x1752036259/S outhern-Coal-announces-massive -miner-call-backs-hiring

Thanks obama for ruining the coal industry.
COOL .... FatMan & BoyBlunder to the rescue LOL.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 27, 2012
This will give a few folks high blood pressure and possibly strokes:)
As Mark Twain supposedly said:

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

Maybe those who have said COAL is NOT dead in WV could use the same quote concerning the coal industry:)

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#4 Nov 27, 2012
Merely a ' Death Rattle ' ...
Bug Off

Beckley, WV

#5 Nov 27, 2012
Hope you & Dr. Muff don't have too much of a fit over hard working men getting their jobs back.

I'd say this article had a lot to do with Arch Beckley deciding to give their employees back their retention bonus this year.
1 post removed

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#7 Nov 27, 2012
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, well, since there is nothing going on on the S'ville and C'ville topix and people are onto you and Mudd, you had to come to Beckley and stir your crap. This is one time you will be proven wrong, old man!! Knew all along you would be, just a matter of time. Now let me guess, the next post will be from the viral Mudd doctor!
" Have Comments -- Will Travel "
backwoods

Oakvale, WV

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Yes the GOP good ole' boys didn't fool to many but a lot here in WV. Yes it's back to business for the rich and winter is here maybe the dumb sticks hired someone to go find someone in this world that needs there coal, even though we still need much of it here.
It would be a great time for non union miners to organize for safer conditions and better wages after all I know mining is a dangerous job, I have lost a couple family members in the mines.Just my opinion.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 27, 2012
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, well, since there is nothing going on on the S'ville and C'ville topix and people are onto you and Mudd, you had to come to Beckley and stir your crap. This is one time you will be proven wrong, old man!! Knew all along you would be, just a matter of time. Now let me guess, the next post will be from the viral Mudd doctor!
You rang? Well thanks for bringing me out today, its appreciated.
Lets talk about people being onto us for a second........there is no one onto us and probably never will be unless you consider being onto us as realizing that we both have similar views on coal and that we are not one in the same.
Now to more important things...

Proven wrong about what? That coal is on a decline in this nation? LOL! Nothing about that statement has been proven wrong at all. Sure this Justice guy has pulled a rabbit out of his hat with a few coal orders, but it isnt changing the fact that coal use is diminishing. However that being said, i CAN truly understand your feeling of greatness and victory when all of a sudden a few coal miners jobs come back for a little while till they fill these orders. Coal jobs coming and going are nothing new in the industry. Coal has always been feast or famine and in the near future it will continue to get harder for the coal industry.
Ya see the thing you gotta keep in mind is that these power companies are still shutting down coal fired plants and are going to continue to do so. This is information you can find fairly easily just by researching a little. Cheap natural gas and advancements in other ways arent going to go away because Jim Justice happened to score a few orders for coal. He will fill the orders, work you to death, hope no one gets killed while doing so, and then when its all said and done, you'll be dropped like trash once again with an uncertain future. Its a never ending cycle with coal.
More than likely ole JIM is needing to line his pockets a little deeper the way he likes to spend money, he dont give a shit about a miner, just the money they can make him.
Jim Justice in no way just solved the coal industries problem by filling some orders for coal.....LOL!!!!!!You guys are funny and very entertaining.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Bug Ridge wrote:
Merely a ' Death Rattle '...
Taking a long rattle isn't it?

Like we haven't heard pretty much the same thing for DECADES:)
What will last longer?.. Electric cars which cost $80,000.00 to make and can be sold for only $40,000.00 or COAL?...Another modern day mystery:)

Location hidden

#11 Nov 27, 2012
DrMUDD wrote:
<quoted text>You rang? Well thanks for bringing me out today, its appreciated.
Lets talk about people being onto us for a second........there is no one onto us and probably never will be unless you consider being onto us as realizing that we both have similar views on coal and that we are not one in the same.
Now to more important things...
Proven wrong about what? That coal is on a decline in this nation? LOL! Nothing about that statement has been proven wrong at all. Sure this Justice guy has pulled a rabbit out of his hat with a few coal orders, but it isnt changing the fact that coal use is diminishing. However that being said, i CAN truly understand your feeling of greatness and victory when all of a sudden a few coal miners jobs come back for a little while till they fill these orders. Coal jobs coming and going are nothing new in the industry. Coal has always been feast or famine and in the near future it will continue to get harder for the coal industry.
Ya see the thing you gotta keep in mind is that these power companies are still shutting down coal fired plants and are going to continue to do so. This is information you can find fairly easily just by researching a little. Cheap natural gas and advancements in other ways arent going to go away because Jim Justice happened to score a few orders for coal. He will fill the orders, work you to death, hope no one gets killed while doing so, and then when its all said and done, you'll be dropped like trash once again with an uncertain future. Its a never ending cycle with coal.
More than likely ole JIM is needing to line his pockets a little deeper the way he likes to spend money, he dont give a shit about a miner, just the money they can make him.
Jim Justice in no way just solved the coal industries problem by filling some orders for coal.....LOL!!!!!!You guys are funny and very entertaining.
LOL.. Doc, you must have a coal thread detector..:)

"You guys are funny and very entertaining."

AND you think you're not?:)

Bug Ridge
Level 1

Location hidden

#12 Nov 27, 2012
I detect the bad odor of Don Blankenship in this deal somewhere ....

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. Doc, you must have a coal thread detector..:)
"You guys are funny and very entertaining."
AND you think you're not?:)
I try to be. Dont want you bored and yes i do have a solar powered coal thread detector.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
What will last longer?.. Electric cars which cost $80,000.00 to make and can be sold for only $40,000.00 or COAL?...Another modern day mystery:)
Actually you can get one for 32,000.00..........not much difference in price than a gas powered car. See below...

http://www.google.com/aclk...

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Of course if you dont have a large volume of production demand when something first comes out, its gonna cost ya to make it, but in the future once something like this is accepted and demand is created, production costs drop considerably. There is no mystery. Its the same as when plasma tvs first come out at 2500.00 for 42inch. Now they are a mere fraction of that cost.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Hell i remember in the 80's when a basic computer not capable of much when compared to todays computers would cost ya 4000.00-7000.00 if you bought the 1200.00 worth of software with it.Now days a smart phone does as much and more than those old computers. See what im sayin?

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal wont last because its pretty much non-renewable.
backwoods

Oakvale, WV

#18 Nov 27, 2012
In a nut shell people of power and MONEY have kept this fossil alive many years past it's due. Only now world governments are taking seriousness the damage of burning fossil fuel and deforestation is doing, even the dam rich are feeling the pressure to change for there self preservation only.
When I was growing up I thought in 40 years cars would be running on H20 or be hovering above ground, living under the sea, or colonizing planets, what a waist of time coal has been.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#19 Nov 27, 2012
backwoods wrote:
In a nut shell people of power and MONEY have kept this fossil alive many years past it's due. Only now world governments are taking seriousness the damage of burning fossil fuel and deforestation is doing, even the dam rich are feeling the pressure to change for there self preservation only.
When I was growing up I thought in 40 years cars would be running on H20 or be hovering above ground, living under the sea, or colonizing planets, what a waist of time coal has been.
Agreed. Just cant get over how many in West Virginia wish to keep us years behind everyone else. I understand their one-sided bias being for coal because of the ease at which a person can become a miner making decent money. But i do what i do because its something i love and would do it for less than what i do make if i had to. Money is secondary to me in order to have happiness in life. Hell i know people making 8.00 per hour that are happier than many miners making 28.00 per hour. Life is what you make of it and the future follows the same path.

“Don't Start Rumors!”

Location hidden

#20 Nov 27, 2012
I hear all these miner wives crying about their childs christmas and their own christmas because coal mining hubby is laid off collecting unemployment based on whatever they make and have to ust laugh and shake my head. They done forgot the REAL importnt meaning of christmas

Score Keeper The Greatest

“Score Keeper Score Keeper”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

SCORE KEEPER !!!!!!!

#21 Nov 27, 2012
Posted: Nov 27, 2012 2:27 PM EST Updated: Nov 27, 2012 2:27 PM EST

Local News
West Virginia Entrepreneur Gets Coal Miners Back to Work
Craft Library Says Good-bye to Circulation Supervisor
Fayette County Man Comes Face to Face with Home Invader
Three Mercer Co. Fires In 6 Hour Span
Firefighters Discover Body in Early Morning House Fire

More>>

Hundreds of laid off miners in West Virginia, Virginia and Kentucky will be headed back on the job soon.

Southern Coal Corporation, which is owned by the Justice family, is calling back laid off miners. The company leaders are also planing to hire 650 new workers on top of that. On Tuesday, Nov. 27 the company announce it had entered into a multi-year contract to supply coal to American Electric Power.

The deal will allow the company to restart idled mines and save 500 jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raleigh Co. CPS (Mar '13) 2 hr hatercps 44
Best Preschools in Beckley Area (Apr '13) 4 hr Canada- wondering 15
If she is still alive 4 hr Canada- wondering 7
Beckley Hairdressers 4 hr Hairy Business 1
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 4 hr Jon_B 6,671
later baters 5 hr Better than you 1
Trump/Pence aka TP 6 hr Gabe Kotter 13

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance