AEP Gets 7 % increase here.

AEP Gets 7 % increase here.

Posted in the Beckley Forum

Redi Killowatt

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 15, 2010
The electricity rates for AEP customers will be going up!

The Public Service Commission has approved a 7 percent increase.

The company originally asked for 17 percent.

The PSC will hear testimony about the settlement tomorrow morning at 9:30a.m.

If approved, the rate hike will go into effect April 1st.

Meanwhile, Virginia customers will see a 20% drop in their power which is generated with WV COAL.
At the first of the year, customers of Appalachian Power Company in southwestern Virginia will start seeing a 20 percent rate reduction on their utility bills.

“This is welcomed news to one of the most economically depressed areas in the Commonwealth,” Delegate James W.“Will” Morefield, R-Tazewell stated in a press release announcing the rate decrease.

Morefield and 10 other elected representatives from Southwest Virginia met with APCO representatives on Nov. 30, in Wytheville, Va. Morefield said the meeting was highly productive, and that during the course of the meeting, APCO representatives explained that on Jan. 1, 2010, APCO customers were paying 11.7 cents per kilowatt hour of electricity, and on Jan. 1, 2011, that rate will drop to 9.4 cents per kilowatt hour.

You can thank your 'do nothing' legislators for this. I'll bet Virginia is snickering at us right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop A Word, Add A Word (Dec '10) 25 min Jon_B 6,528
Scotty Tyler cheating on his wife 53 min Eric 13
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr They Live 1,286
Instances proving Trump is racist 2 hr Porch Honkey the ... 7
Miranda Bowyer 2 hr get your facts st... 4
Elmer Redden - Oak Grove Church 3 hr Delbert 9
Trump should be DISQUALIFIED to be elected POTUS 3 hr Massa 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beckley Mortgages