Beckley Football Coaches?

Beckley Football Coaches?

Posted in the Beckley Forum

BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#1 Aug 4, 2012
Please tell me that what I heard is just a rumor that Coach Lilly's son Max is now coaching at Woodrow and getting paid to do so? I thought he signed with Concord according to the news and the picture he had in the paper?

This has to be some type of joke. Football team has already been bad enough the last 8 or 9 years, so now we hire a recent high school graduate to coach? Is he there to try and teach the new center how to snap the ball on the ground like he did around 10 times a game last season? What a joke!!
oldtimmer

Beckley, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2012
You have to ask yourself who else would work for the man.He has went though 30/40 ast, coaches in his time at ww.The new boss in charge is well aware of this i was told.Word is the wife calls all the shots anyway.The Condcord thing is a smoke and mirror thing anyway just like Lillys coaching.Anyone that believes the boy was going to play at Concord needs to be checked into Barr H.Whats really sad 4 the program is that he is mostlikely the best help he has.Word is his youngest son is starting at mlb so he has more problems than than whos helping him coach!Anyone that has been involved in Beckley footbal knows that he moves kids around so his sons never has to be in a competition for a startting position.He ran every center off when max was in 9th so he had to play him.We would beat and bang in sarrats group but max never had to because is daddy would call for him and all us players knew what was going on.
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 5, 2012
Well I am sure most colleges don't have any use for a 5-5 center who snaps the ball on the ground everytime.

Is his younger son even any good? Max was there at linebacker and always got ran over.
north beckleydog

Beckley, WV

#4 Aug 5, 2012
It's funny that he never started except when his Dad coached north beckley bulldogs one year.I dont think he ever started at Park for coach Kidd, but now all of suddend he is at WWHS.I wonder if he is on Dave Morrisons all state team? Its a shame coach Kidd isnt in charge, things would be so much better for the kids ,school & town.
crybaby

Beckley, WV

#5 Aug 5, 2012
Coach culicerto and coach stafford was the same when it came to thier sons so dont act like it hasnt been going on for years at woodrow!
time for change

Mount Hope, WV

#6 Aug 5, 2012
well it is time for change. Culicerto played his sons and won 1 championship in 30 years with coach hick's team that Hicks groomed. Lilly has never won a championship and never will because he does not have the respect of the players or parents or the local community. Please someone listen to reason and get Stevie Kidd in there.
Eaglefan

Beckley, WV

#7 Aug 5, 2012
I wish we had middle linbackers joey and robbie Culicerto and Ryan Stafford!They should be in the same conversation on talentwhen it comes to Lillys boys.They dont compare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martino named Jr. Teen W.Va. U.S. 1 hr sistersalvation 2
Rachel Bailey (Dec '13) 2 hr Calebsmommy1 8
Why Omar? 3 hr Patient of Dr Hasan 38
When is Woodrow's Prom 3 hr Linus Wolf 9
Helicopter Increase Presence 10 hr Huh 2
Is the Beckley Skatepark safe? 10 hr snarky anarchy 18
drug roundup? 10 hr Yep 5

Beckley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance