Former Poison Idea Drummer Steve Hanf...

Former Poison Idea Drummer Steve Hanford Arrested for Robbery

There are 5 comments on the Portland Mercury story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Former Poison Idea Drummer Steve Hanford Arrested for Robbery. In it, Portland Mercury reports that:

So, this is a bit odd. Onetime drummer for Poison Idea , Steve "Thee Slayer Hippie" Hanford was arrested for allegedly being involved in a series of pharmacy robberies this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portland Mercury.

Demon 340

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 10, 2008
I played in a band with him for about 3 weeks. I didnt trust him to even use my bathroom because I know he was a thief. Great drummer in his time though.

Since: Sep 08

Dexter, MI

#2 Oct 10, 2008
oh so what!
Boudicca

Vancouver, WA

#3 Oct 11, 2008
Demon 340 wrote:
I played in a band with him for about 3 weeks. I didnt trust him to even use my bathroom because I know he was a thief. Great drummer in his time though.
Yeah, he ripped me off and just about everyone I knew who he plyed with or was friends with. An awesome drummer, though! One of America's Top Ten.
Kurtz

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Very unimpressive as a robber, though.
TomYears

Billings, MT

#5 Sep 4, 2013
I knew Steve from about age 13 or 14. He was a great drummer then and just kept getting better! I was out of touch with him for about 20 years...I recently corresponded with him (he's serving time) and his self reflection has really helped him change for the better. Who's to say how he'll do when he's released, but it's another sad story of a talented musician wasting his life away due to smack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meds n tar Wed Einsteen 13
Should we torture child molesters? (Dec '14) May 21 USA Suicide Watch 13
Isaac Beam Music May 20 UtterShock 1
Where best pizza? (Jul '14) May 18 very tired 316
Kaia Kathy Kathleen Williams May 18 PeeDrinker 5
Trump's Enemies, Communist Party USA May 18 Vote For Trump 6
Trump Triumph, Just Be Yourself Sir, America Lo... May 18 Vote For Trump 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beaverton Mortgages