Dr Amy Baker says there is no debate about existence of Parental Alienation

Posted in the Beaverton Forum

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Aug 9, 2011
Thatís why you see courts taking those things for granted when confronted with evidence of alienation.

Baker goes on to sketch the Daubert requirements.

Other states rely on the Daubert standards for admissibility of expert testimony. Daubert presents criteria for deciding whether scientific testimony should be allowed; (1) validity,(2) reliability,(3) error rate,(4) falsifiability, and (5) peer review. According to my careful review of over 15 empirical scholarly studies, the twin concepts of parental alienation strategies and parental alienation syndrome do in fact meet the Daubert standards. To date every case in which I am hired, my testimony is allowed because of the obvious face validity of the concept of parental alienation.

Interestingly, she concludes by saying

I have yet to be submitted to a Daubert hearing but I welcome the opportunity to submit the evidence to the courts regarding the scientific merit of the theory of parental alienation.

Well, it turns out thatís no longer true. Dr. Baker emailed Fathers and Families with some good news. Recently she was called as an expert witness in a custody case in Massachusetts and the court, applying the more stringent standards of Daubert, approved her as an expert witness and accepted her testimony on parental alienation.

In short, applying the strictest standard in the country for admissibility of scientific evidence, PAS, well, passed.

As I said, itís cold comfort to the anti-dad crowd, but the science of parental alienation is there, itís growing and courts tasked with ascertaining the best interests of children arenít ignoring it.

Complete article at http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/...
Chelle_Shocked

Portland, OR

#2 Aug 11, 2011
wow
Miden

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Mar 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
Thatís why you see courts taking those things for granted when confronted with evidence of alienation.
Baker goes on to sketch the Daubert requirements.
Other states rely on the Daubert standards for admissibility of expert testimony. Daubert presents criteria for deciding whether scientific testimony should be allowed; (1) validity,(2) reliability,(3) error rate,(4) falsifiability, and (5) peer review. According to my careful review of over 15 empirical scholarly studies, the twin concepts of parental alienation strategies and parental alienation syndrome do in fact meet the Daubert standards. To date every case in which I am hired, my testimony is allowed because of the obvious face validity of the concept of parental alienation.
Interestingly, she concludes by saying
I have yet to be submitted to a Daubert hearing but I welcome the opportunity to submit the evidence to the courts regarding the scientific merit of the theory of parental alienation.
Well, it turns out thatís no longer true. Dr. Baker emailed Fathers and Families with some good news. Recently she was called as an expert witness in a custody case in Massachusetts and the court, applying the more stringent standards of Daubert, approved her as an expert witness and accepted her testimony on parental alienation.
In short, applying the strictest standard in the country for admissibility of scientific evidence, PAS, well, passed.
As I said, itís cold comfort to the anti-dad crowd, but the science of parental alienation is there, itís growing and courts tasked with ascertaining the best interests of children arenít ignoring it.
Complete article at http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/...
yep, parental alienation is still a problem

https://www.facebook.com/Parental.Alienation....

saber

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 24/7 Rapid Discount Towing Portland 8 hr 3knight03 1
Where best pizza? 13 hr Bostopn 74
footballs season 14 hr alwayslookingBmOr... 1
Woman calls 911 with fake pizza order, alerts p... 17 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
Loud Pipes Invade Lives Wed AboveAverage 2
Review: Retail Dimensions Oct 13 griffith 4
nudes Sep '14 Sparky 1
Beaverton Dating
Find my Match

Beaverton People Search