Illegal immigrants burden Portland-area schools

Oct 4, 2009 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.oregonlive.com

By Richard F. LaMountain In 1982, in its Plyler v. Doe ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court obligated America's public elementary and secondary schools to educate children who are illegal immigrants.

Portland Or.Sunday October 5th reported in oregonlive.com A 1982 Supreme Court decision forces city's to educate illegal students. In this article ,Illegal Hispanic Children taught in E.S.L and receive free lunches cost the tax payers of Portland 3,000 dollars in addition to the regular per student cost.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of100
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jose

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Nov 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

calibrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats WHY American schools suck to many kids who refuse to learn ENGLISH.
It doesn't really matter gringo. Soon all Americans will be Speaking Spanish anyway!:)

“Raise taxes on Anglos”

Since: Jul 09

North American Union

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Nov 1, 2009
 
calibrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats WHY American schools suck to many kids who refuse to learn ENGLISH.
American schools suck because of the No-Retard-Left-Behind project. That policy stalls the gifted. Not all school districts have accelerated programs due to low enrollment.
Jose

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Nov 2, 2009
 
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
American schools suck because of the No-Retard-Left-Behind project. That policy stalls the gifted. Not all school districts have accelerated programs due to low enrollment.
Exactly amigo! Our super intelligent Hispanic kids are being held back by all of these gringo fools!!

“I miss you lil bro”

Since: Apr 09

Vegas baby

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Nov 2, 2009
 
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly amigo! Our super intelligent Hispanic kids are being held back by all of these gringo fools!!
roflmao if you think so I will let you live in your dream world.
Jose

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Nov 3, 2009
 
calibrat wrote:
Unless your brats can speak ENGLISH when they attend school take them back to Mexico and let the MEXICAN schools teach them.
Day 1 if a kid can't speak english they should be sent home until the language is learned.
If I went to school in Mexico I would be forced real fast tolearn the language of the country I was in..
Wrong gringo! They teach English in Mexican schools to prepare the kids for their future border crossings.

“I miss you lil bro”

Since: Apr 09

Vegas baby

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Nov 3, 2009
 
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong gringo! They teach English in Mexican schools to prepare the kids for their future border crossings.
Yeah right if that was the case these brats could cope in school.
Jose

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Nov 4, 2009
 
calibrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right if that was the case these brats could cope in school.
LOL! It's the gringos who cannot cope with us!
Speeders are Murderers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Nov 4, 2009
 
I'm still waiting for the SC to show us where the constitution says illegals have a right to free k-12 education. Of course, it never says or even implies that. Plyler v Doe, like roe v wade and Bush v gore, was another example of SC "justices" taking bribes to invent law.
DaveMor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Nov 4, 2009
 
Jose, you are the biggest joke I have ever seen. Your posts only expose your lack of intelligence. This is America, not Mexico. ALL of your illegal people AND their children will be forced out. Your children ARE NOT citizens, but are as illegal as their parents. The 14th amendment was meant for the children of slaves, not freeloading bums. I really hope you and your family are legal, otherwise your butt is gone!! Do you really think that Americans will put up with this? You march in our streets waving your mexican flags, showing us your TRUE allegiance. That's why your butt didn't get amnesty in 2006, and it's why we won't stand for it now.

By the way Jose, did you know that since 9/11 your people have killed about 12-15 Americans a day? Your people are terrorists, and we will no longer stand by while you destroy our country. If Mexico was so bad, then why do your people turn our neighborhoods into slums that mirror Mexican slums? I expect an intelligent answer, but since it is obvious you are probably an anchor baby that didn't care about education.
Tired American

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Dec 29, 2009
 
Sanctuary city? It's all part of the Portland Communist manifesto.
Fascists are in control until they, 1) run out of other peoples money and, 2) wind up swinging at the end of a rope. It's all in the history books.
That's what tends to happen.
That would probably never happen here in Portland though as there are no real patriots or men left.
Prove me wrong.
Rudedog

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Jan 7, 2010
 
Wecome to my world. I work and live in Southern California. I am a working class guy, been in the construction business for the past twenty years. In the last twenty years I have seen alot of work go to non-union contractors that hire Illegal workers. I dont think there are any Union contractors left that build homes.
Vist a housing tract and all you hear is spanish.

If our Goverment would inforce the laws we wouldnt have a immigrant problem. No papers, no work.
no_more_illegals

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Jan 7, 2010
 
Illegal rug rats are a burden to EVERY school, not just in Portland.

Since: Sep 07

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Jan 7, 2010
 
Not more about this... people, THINK! If they would just LEGALIZE the 'illegal immigration' and STOP trying to keep people from coming to the United States for a better life (which you are NEVER going to be able to prevent them from doing, whether you 'blacklist' them if they are caught in this country 'illegally' or not).

We should just ALLOW ANYONE FROM CANADA OR MEXICO (where are the source of 90% of our illegal immigrants, if not more than that) to come to the United States legally to work, no immigration visa necessary, no NOTHING except a Mexican birth certificate and proof of citizenship or those same things for Canadian necessary.

Then, just tax them like regular old American if they are in this country more than 5 months at a time (1/2 of the year), and make them pay into social security.

Easy, simple, quick and SANE answer to this whole illegal immigration problem.

Since: Sep 07

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Jan 7, 2010
 
DaveMor wrote:
Jose, you are the biggest joke I have ever seen. Your posts only expose your lack of intelligence. This is America, not Mexico. ALL of your illegal people AND their children will be forced out. Your children ARE NOT citizens, but are as illegal as their parents. The 14th amendment was meant for the children of slaves, not freeloading bums. I really hope you and your family are legal, otherwise your butt is gone!! Do you really think that Americans will put up with this? You march in our streets waving your mexican flags, showing us your TRUE allegiance. That's why your butt didn't get amnesty in 2006, and it's why we won't stand for it now.
By the way Jose, did you know that since 9/11 your people have killed about 12-15 Americans a day? Your people are terrorists, and we will no longer stand by while you destroy our country. If Mexico was so bad, then why do your people turn our neighborhoods into slums that mirror Mexican slums? I expect an intelligent answer, but since it is obvious you are probably an anchor baby that didn't care about education.
Uh.... NO! You bring up that "Mexicans have killed 15 Americans a day!" without realizing that AMERICAN ON AMERICAN violence claims.... how many people each day? Oh yeah...... 10 times that!

And most of that Mexican violence is related to the drug trade, which would GO AWAY if we would just legalize it and MOVE ON, not trying to dictate to people what they put into their bodies unless they are causing a DIRECT AND IMMINENT danger to someone else.

Since: Sep 07

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Jan 7, 2010
 
Ozzie_Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
American schools suck because of the No-Retard-Left-Behind project. That policy stalls the gifted. Not all school districts have accelerated programs due to low enrollment.
Retards? Excuse me, but I fell under that "No Child Left Behind" category (or would have if I hadn't have graduated years before) and I am nowhere NEAR being a retard. The Kennedy Krieger Center in Baltimore tested my IQ as being 150+... with the plus being there because their IQ tests didn't go any higher than 150 back then!

Why was I having problems in school? Threefold: 1. Writing disability. Once they allowed me to do all my written work on a computer...... BAM! Grades went up to A's.
2. Mild Asperger's Syndrome.... i.e. I was very easy to distract (or appear to be distracted to the teacher) even though I could focus on more than one thing as a time, as long as it was not TOTALLY engrossing!
3. Teachers who disliked me. Yes, this was a problem. One teacher finally INSISTED I be transferred into her class because of the way the older teacher was treating me... it was denied, she got a video camera, hid it in the classroom, took pictures of the... well, close to PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE the older teacher was giving me..... finally transferred into her class, and that teacher was given a SEVERE reprimand, pay cut and made to go to a psychologist.
Rudedog

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jan 8, 2010
 
Leria wrote:
Not more about this... people, THINK! If they would just LEGALIZE the 'illegal immigration' and STOP trying to keep people from coming to the United States for a better life (which you are NEVER going to be able to prevent them from doing, whether you 'blacklist' them if they are caught in this country 'illegally' or not).
We should just ALLOW ANYONE FROM CANADA OR MEXICO (where are the source of 90% of our illegal immigrants, if not more than that) to come to the United States legally to work, no immigration visa necessary, no NOTHING except a Mexican birth certificate and proof of citizenship or those same things for Canadian necessary.
Then, just tax them like regular old American if they are in this country more than 5 months at a time (1/2 of the year), and make them pay into social security.
Easy, simple, quick and SANE answer to this whole illegal immigration problem.
Sorry to say but that doesn't work. I think the United States has had more than one Amnisty program in the past.

Once you Legalize wokers they become Americans and are no longer cheap labor. Then that makes demand for more cheap labor, more uneducated, unskilled poor people. I think the United States has enough poor uneducated people.
Thayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jan 11, 2010
 
Leria wrote:
Not more about this... people, THINK! If they would just LEGALIZE the 'illegal immigration' and STOP trying to keep people from coming to the United States for a better life (which you are NEVER going to be able to prevent them from doing, whether you 'blacklist' them if they are caught in this country 'illegally' or not).
We should just ALLOW ANYONE FROM CANADA OR MEXICO (where are the source of 90% of our illegal immigrants, if not more than that) to come to the United States legally to work, no immigration visa necessary, no NOTHING except a Mexican birth certificate and proof of citizenship or those same things for Canadian necessary.
Then, just tax them like regular old American if they are in this country more than 5 months at a time (1/2 of the year), and make them pay into social security.
Easy, simple, quick and SANE answer to this whole illegal immigration problem.
They should be taxed double so that they offset the cost of having them in the country using our services. Make them pay for themselves at the very least.
neighbors

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Apr 6, 2010
 
They take american jobs for cheaper wages and the Americans have to get welfare. I say kick their ass back to mexico. And stay there...
Last White Out of LA

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Apr 10, 2010
 
You think you have it bad Portland. We have tens of millions of them here in the SouthWest and their 11 and 12 children per family which grow up on welfare and then join gangs and cost taxpayers money to imprison after they commit horrible crimes are all U.S. citizens!

LAUSD has a 50% dropout rate says the La Mencha Mayor.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until they multiply.

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Apr 11, 2010
 
Last White Out of LA wrote:
You think you have it bad Portland. We have tens of millions of them here in the SouthWest and their 11 and 12 children per family which grow up on welfare and then join gangs and cost taxpayers money to imprison after they commit horrible crimes are all U.S. citizens!
LAUSD has a 50% dropout rate says the La Mencha Mayor.
You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until they multiply.
They are just like cockroaches. Bigger cockroaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of100
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Beaverton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Beaverton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Beaverton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••