Cline

Bohemia, NY

#22 Aug 3, 2007
Pay your bills and you won't have to worry about it.

Since: Apr 07

BRUNSWICK GA

#23 Aug 18, 2007
Miss Repo wrote:
My name is Michelle and I am a famale Agent in Olympia, Washington and I dont understand why it is so hard for people to gather the thought that a female can take your car and be just as tough as a male I dont care who you are if you miss your car payment I will take your car and if I cant find it the first time I will run a skip and find you any ways I have always gotton my cars its my pay check...
Promoting Reposession's, Miss 2 car payments!
I'm glad to see more woman repoing.I own my own company and have been repoing fot ten years.I love my job.And yes we can dothe same job man do and better.
Ang

United States

#25 Nov 6, 2007
april keller wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you paid your bill you wouldn't have to worry about one of us coming to get your ride.If it would have been me I would have blowed the horn when I left with your car.
Wow and it just goes to show you have no class. But just remember sugar plum what goes around just so happens to come around, you better just make sure its not at 60 miles an hour while your nose and your high and mighty atitude isnt so stuck up in the air you miss it.
Mike

United States

#26 Nov 12, 2007
I have been a recovery agent for a number of years and i see both sides of the problem daily. The lenders have become the biggest problems in this industry. Not to mention the slime bucket repo agents that go way beyond the law and make us all look bad. I know both sides from the past. Best advise i can give anyone is ifyour car is up for reposession.Don't make matters worse,i have lost friends in this industry over carelessness and plain stupidity on both parties.There are legal ways to solve these issues if you have been wronged by the industry sue there asses and do it the right way.

San Antonio Texas recovery agent
strike team

Tustin, CA

#27 Nov 13, 2007
I take any car any where any time. I let the debtor pull the trigger first. I pull the trigger last.

Portland,OR
Ms Saucey

United States

#28 Nov 26, 2007
Trevor wrote:
The idea of transcibing these messages and sending it to repomen around the US is about as usefull as pissing on a building fire to put it out. There is in no way to complain about repomen or even banks with high interest rates. You signed the paper with the high interest rate so pay up. I knew an acquaintance, not a friend or colleague, just an acquainance who happened to be a repo man. He told once some guy came out and stabbed him in the shoulder because he was repoing his car. This person has no right to do such a thing. How would you like it if you were working at burger king and someone came and stabbed you only for working at burger king. Yeah, I'd be really pissed if someone came and repoed my car for not making payments, but I'd be taking my case up with the wrong person by getting mad at the repo man. Just pay your bill or don't buy a car in the first place unless you can afford it.
I would say somone should come and stab you for making a comment like that. Have you ever thought at the time folks could afford to make the payments but maybe there husband, boyfriend or themselves died or became very ill which required long term care so they can afford it any longer? Anyone of you "intellingent" folks think of that???:)
me me

Willis, TX

#29 Nov 27, 2007
Jeff wrote:
it's not the repo men that are the problem, if you pay your bills - then you don't have to worry about the repo man. Repo is a dirty job and that will attract a fairly rough, uneducated crowd.
It's the banks that are to blame for high interest loans ----sub prime housing and auto loans --- "legal" predatory lending,
so you have New Century going bankrupt --- let's see the repo man boost a house --- and then rip off auto lenders like Wells Fargo Auto Finance --- stay away from sub prime and pay your bills. The Repo guys are just trying to make a buck and usually don't have many other options.
let me tell you something i have made my payments and they keep sending them back and are trying to rrpo my car when the guy showed up to get my car i told him the story and showed him papers proving i had made my paments he said he just want the money that he would get for takeing my car. i told him if he was a true repo man he would go after people who did not make there payment and if he could find my car he could have it !!! i still have my car and am still makeing my payments and they are still sending them back. lol
Occupant Ilied Industries

United States

#30 Dec 14, 2007
I've been driving a tow truck for a few months now and just dealing with customers who NEED their car towed is a pain. I can't even imagine doing repossessions ALL the time. The company I work for doesn't do non-consent tows except under the direction of a police officer (and very rarely do we do private impounds for businesses and apartments, maybe 1 or 2 a month) and we get enough slack as it is.

I wouldn't mind being a spotter though, since I do spend 60-70 hours a week driving through town. I see a car on a list, make a phone call, I make some money.
crownsluck

United States

#31 Jan 2, 2008
april keller wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad to see more woman repoing.I own my own company and have been repoing fot ten years.I love my job.And yes we can dothe same job man do and better.
I would live to start my own repoing cars in North Carolina how can I get started. Please email me information with repoing as the subject. Jessica!!!crownsluck@yahoo.com
What the

Stockton, CA

#32 Jan 3, 2008
Well we regularly repossess from Attorneys, Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Police / Sheriff Officers, Accountants, Realtors, Financial Analysts, Fire Men / Women, Teachers, etc., etc., etc. Those are all respectable jobs right?
I've never had anything repossessed.
Wait, we have repossessed from Tow Companies and other Repo Companies. I guess there are bad apples in every industry???
REPOMAN

Aubrey, TX

#33 Jan 4, 2008
Pay your note that you signed and you wont see us!!! ITS SIMPLE - 2 + 2 = 4 LETS SAY IT TOGETHER, I HAVE A CAR AND I OWE MONEY, I WILL PAY MY CAR NOTE SO THE REPOMAN DOESN'T COME.
Running from the man

Phelps, KY

#34 Jan 6, 2008
Sometimes people fall on hard times and that is just what lenders pray for.The repoman is just doing his job that is correct but some go about it in a dirty way.Falsely representing themselves as police and scareing you into god knows what.The process should be a leagal court order so noone gets hurt noone is left in the middle of nowhere and such other horror stories that we hear.But the banks dont want to go that route.Lawyer files paper,sherriff comes and post on your door when to be in court,You surrender car,if not than you are in contempt and can be picked up for that.Simple process would cost lien holder maybe 1500.00 or less in legal fees and wouldnt have to worry about being sued because of repoman/debtors wrong doings.I just hope that these repomen or repowomen can sleep better at night knowing that they are further kicking someone when they are down on their luck!
A REPO COMPANY OWNER

Apache Junction, AZ

#35 Jan 9, 2008
I don't do work for Wells Fargo, but I can tell you that legitimate lenders use repo as a means of last resort. They don't want your car. Lenders lose money on repo's. Most banks have called hundreds of times before ever assigning a vehicle for repo. You don't get repo'ed unless you duck phone calls and miss several payments. Bad things do happen to good people(illnes, lost job, etc.). What honest people do is call the bank, explain that you can't make payments, and arrange for the vehcle to be picked up. That way your not stranded and you can get proof you returned the collateral. That is what the loan agreement you signed says you will do. When you run and end up getting caught its your choice and your fault. When it's bank error you have legal recourse.
A REPO COMPANY OWNER

Apache Junction, AZ

#36 Jan 9, 2008
By the way court ordered repo's do happen. They cost closer to $3000.00, and that cost is passed directly on to the debtor. Talk about kicking someone when their down. Self help repossession is the best option for all parties, when done by professional people with a professional attitude. It should never be personal for a repo agent. It doesn't have to be tramatic for a debtor either. After all it's just a vehicle. Plenty of preditory lenders will line up to get you in another one.
Running from the man

Phelps, KY

#37 Jan 14, 2008
Yes you are correct any cost that occurs gets passed down to the debtor.(Plenty of preditory lenders will line up to get you in another one.)Thats why most people run from lenders because of that statement you just made.
When honest people fall on hard times yes you can call the lender but all they will do is differ one maybe two payments and that is all and they wont do it without you giving them some kind of payment.They dont care about your situation,they want your money.
When it comes to taking your car back they are not loseing any money.When they (the lender) can borrow the money from the feds at 2% above the national average and charge people 9-24% they are making money on your car and when you default they will sell the car and come after you for the balance.So if it cost 3000.00 dollars to go thru leagal system to get car back than that should be the way to do it.What is your average repo bill?I bet with storage,repo,keys,transporting ,and misc. fees added to it your at what 1500.00 and that is on a first run snatch,add skiptracing fees,breaking phone numbers (to see where the debtor has been calling to run those address's),survallence,mva reports,credit reports and all kinds of other fees your right at your fictaional number of 3000.00 so you might as well go leagal in the first place than you wont have any problems with people getting hurt over a car,because after all it's just a car.How many debtors have been hurt in the repo process,how many agents?
(It should never be personal for a repo agent.)Yes that is true but in the real world you have feelings and you will end up making a few personal because of the taunting(cant get my car,good luck finding it)those taunts will make all repo persons take it personally.
Victoria-Car Repoed

Midland, TX

#38 Jan 16, 2008
Look, less than a week ago my car was repoed. I've been in a battle with Wells Fargo for over a YEAR because they added erroneous insurance to my note and after months and months and months of providing proof that there was never a lapse; they still called my note because I couldn't afford (single mom here) to pay the $1600 in overages they were asking for. THIS WAS NOT THE REPO MAN'S FAULT. Let's face it. There are some out there in the world that just drive off with a car and never mind making a payment. There are some who miss a couple of payments for other circumstances and they happen to be financed with a company that's "call-the-note" happy> It's the finance company that sends the order to the repo man; and the repo man, just like you and I, are just making a living so they too can pay their electric bill and mortgage. You have to admit(especially looking at the Ripoff Reports about Wells Fargo alone) that these large companies who just don't give a crap about the average joe are the ones making all the money. Here's my deal; the car they repoed from me is worth (blue book) 10K; I owed 12K. They sell the car at aution for 10K, collect the other 2k from me PLUS all the money that has been paid on the car in the last year; all in all it's the finance company that comes out on top. The repo guy just gets a 'finders fee', if you will, for doing a job that we hate to see performed. I'd be fooling you and myself if I said it's never entered my mind to become a repossession agent myself.....especially when I dare to calculate how much money a company like Wells Fargo is making for them.(You have surgery; the nurse hands the doctor a tool and he leaves it inside of your body- is it the nurses fault?) Place blame where it belongs.

And for the repo guy out there who thinks EVERY vehicle he takes back is because some "deadbeat didn't make their payments", I've got a years worth of bank statements AND recorded conversations between my insurance agent and my lien holder,plus numerous statements from the lien holder showing the flat out inconsistencies of their charges to show you that NOT every repoed car is repoed because of deadbeat borrowers.
Victoria-Car Repoed

Midland, TX

#39 Jan 16, 2008
Oh and by the way....there's nothing the repo man can do when your note has been called...nothing. Except be nice....if that's possible when the borrower is screaming and yelling and threatening. Repo man came to get my car, I stepped aside. It's the responsible thing to do. What else you gonna do? You already have this finance company who's gonna come after you for the money, you already don't have a car, do you really want criminal charges too....in some states it's a felony to conceal property or hinder repossession.
Running from the man

Phelps, KY

#40 Jan 19, 2008
In what state is it a felony for something thats a civil matter?
wells fargo class action

Portland, OR

#41 Jan 21, 2008
be on the look for a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo -- they pulled their "Balboa scam" on you --- check out ripoff report dot com and just google wells fargo auto finance and it is common
Victoria-Car Repoed wrote:
Look, less than a week ago my car was repoed. I've been in a battle with Wells Fargo for over a YEAR because they added erroneous insurance to my note and after months and months and months of providing proof that there was never a lapse; they still called my note because I couldn't afford (single mom here) to pay the $1600 in overages they were asking for. THIS WAS NOT THE REPO MAN'S FAULT. Let's face it. There are some out there in the world that just drive off with a car and never mind making a payment. There are some who miss a couple of payments for other circumstances and they happen to be financed with a company that's "call-the-note" happy> It's the finance company that sends the order to the repo man; and the repo man, just like you and I, are just making a living so they too can pay their electric bill and mortgage. You have to admit(especially looking at the Ripoff Reports about Wells Fargo alone) that these large companies who just don't give a crap about the average joe are the ones making all the money. Here's my deal; the car they repoed from me is worth (blue book) 10K; I owed 12K. They sell the car at aution for 10K, collect the other 2k from me PLUS all the money that has been paid on the car in the last year; all in all it's the finance company that comes out on top. The repo guy just gets a 'finders fee', if you will, for doing a job that we hate to see performed. I'd be fooling you and myself if I said it's never entered my mind to become a repossession agent myself.....especially when I dare to calculate how much money a company like Wells Fargo is making for them.(You have surgery; the nurse hands the doctor a tool and he leaves it inside of your body- is it the nurses fault?) Place blame where it belongs.
And for the repo guy out there who thinks EVERY vehicle he takes back is because some "deadbeat didn't make their payments", I've got a years worth of bank statements AND recorded conversations between my insurance agent and my lien holder,plus numerous statements from the lien holder showing the flat out inconsistencies of their charges to show you that NOT every repoed car is repoed because of deadbeat borrowers.
SCORP-CHIC

San Luis Obispo, CA

#42 Jan 21, 2008
Occupant Ilied Industries wrote:
I've been driving a tow truck for a few months now and just dealing with customers who NEED their car towed is a pain. I can't even imagine doing repossessions ALL the time. The company I work for doesn't do non-consent tows except under the direction of a police officer (and very rarely do we do private impounds for businesses and apartments, maybe 1 or 2 a month) and we get enough slack as it is.
I wouldn't mind being a spotter though, since I do spend 60-70 hours a week driving through town. I see a car on a list, make a phone call, I make some money.
And where would someone find such a list? I am a regular old civilianso I'm not sure I could get access to any list, but I do know the finance company. I ask because an ex-friend/shady person I know ripped me off with false promises, never paid for a car I gave her and used it for a trade in.( Yeah...I know...stupid me for handing over the title) I found out through the grapevine that she has not paid for her new car in 3 months. Is there any way I can collect this finder's fee or do I have to be a repo-person? I would love to help karma work it's vengeful magic without Judge Judy. I'm a scorpio after all....blame the moon, the stars, or the sun, but just don't mess with me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where best pizza? (Jul '14) 13 hr bucky 213
Police Conduct 15 hr Don FEDucci 19
how you hate oregon; let you count the ways (Feb '07) 16 hr oregonisdeeplyracist 2,371
Organized Stalking / Gang Stalking Oregon Forum (Jan '14) 18 hr Don FEDucci 24
Vegas gotta do better Sun Don FEDucci 4
Where can I get my Audi Fixed in Beaverton OR (Sep '10) Sun Bob 3
any news on kyron? (May '12) May 29 Ydouletpeoplewalk 5
More from around the web

Beaverton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]