Your friend

Montgomery Village, MD

#248 May 26, 2012
My friend is missing a payment for couple of months on his car, he is going away for 6 month with out paying his car loan, before he left the ask his other friend if he can park his car in her place until he gets back. And that is after 6 months .basicaly he hide's his car from reposess. If the leander can't find the car in the resedence address what action they can do?
Roady

Portland, OR

#249 May 30, 2012
Your friend wrote:
My friend is missing a payment for couple of months on his car, he is going away for 6 month with out paying his car loan, before he left the ask his other friend if he can park his car in her place until he gets back. And that is after 6 months .basicaly he hide's his car from reposess. If the leander can't find the car in the resedence address what action they can do?
They can run a check and find out who the debtors freinds and family are.They will pay people to snitch on the debtor.If the car is not in a garage or behind a locked gate they can take it.
Once they find out the debtors info they can file suit for the payments or if it's recoverd and auctioned sue for balance owed.If still not paid the courts can file a discovery of assets and levy his bank accounts one way or another they always get their money.
cgy

Seattle, WA

#250 Jun 12, 2012
ada
WOW

Halethorpe, MD

#251 Jun 20, 2012
What a bunch of losers. If you can't pay your bills then turn the damn car in! No excuses, go buy a beater or find some other way to work. If you even work that is.

“Make Topix”

Since: Oct 10

Fun Again!

#252 Jul 1, 2012
Work!!!
Roady

Portland, OR

#253 Jul 18, 2012
I see we have another infantile mind posting here calling everyone losers.Assuming all are losers.Guess the person doesn't pay attention to current events.Millions of good honest people have lost their jobs in recent years courtesy of NAFTA the bean counters here at home are closing U.S. factories at an alarming rate. Building plants in China and Mexico where they work for substandard wages and do not have to pay benefits.
I worked for a place for 11 years made good pay I paid my bills then one day they closed the plant 300 people in a small town out of a job oh wait according to the poster named WOW 300 losers and deadbeats were born overnight.

Plenty of people out there are willing to work if the were jobs available. So stop assuming just because of the few irresponsible people out there that we are all deadbeats and losers.
I have over 20 yers of experience in various manufacturing methods and believe me it took time to find another job.

San Antonio, TX

#254 Jul 27, 2012
Roady wrote:
And another thing I agree with a recent article I saw elsewhere that those tv shows like Operation Repo and All Worked Up should be banned.
Unfortunately there are people out there who are gullible enough to believe the shows are real.Having a 300 pound bald guy threatening teen kids with violence if they didnt get away from their family car so they could take it.(yea I watched it a few times what a joke)
The point is the people who assume this is how all recovery agents act pose a danger to themselves the agents and bystanders especially if firearms come into play.
i totally agree. them shows are making us look bad. i cant even watch the shows due to the fact that about 95% of what they are is illeagal. i live in a self-help repo state. the only main rule i have to follow is not to breech the peace. you can get alot futher by being polite than to be an asshole,but there are time when you have too and can still be polite at the same time. we reflect the lienholder and to doi what the shows do is a very fast way to get a lawsuit and lose your clients.i have never carried a weapon nor will i ever.by taking the unit in question by force is a no go.any smart repoman knows that one car is not worth a lawsuit.also reminder to the debtors: recovery agents know the laws of what they can and can not do. so think before you call the local police syaing your car is being stolen when all your doing is making yourself look bad. im just sayin
Repo man 876

Phoenix, AZ

#255 Aug 23, 2012
Ok so first improve you English skills and don't use lol in every sentence, it makes you sound like a moron. Secondly if you don't want the repo man coming after you pay you bills on time. Your story makes no sense, the repo man wouldn't take you to court, the lein holder would. My guess is you can't pay your other bills either and got a title loan on your piece of crap 96 car. Or maybe you've got a 400 credit score and went to a buy here pay here car lot and financed that junker for way more than it was worth. Either way your an idiot.
Try to find it wrote:
i have a 96 lexus ive been hiding for about 2 years LOL this little repo man comes to my door i tell him to get the f off my property he says he will see me in court thist was two years ago so i hide my lexus in my garage and put a bolt with chain and a two by four in the inside of the garage. LOL he tryed when i was sleeping but sorry no luck f the repo man lol i cruise around in my lexus all day no problems just got my new plates on it i love my car with no payments. if he trys suing me i will file bancruptcy on that ass lol punk a** Repo b***h LOL try to find it LOL
Repo man 876

Phoenix, AZ

#256 Aug 23, 2012
april keller wrote:
<quoted text>well said
Right on! Very well spoken!
Repo man 876

Phoenix, AZ

#257 Aug 23, 2012
Edward wrote:
It is easy to say "pay your bill". Many people were able to pay at the time of the purchase. Let us say someone is late on a payment. Immediately interest will be put on the loan thus raising the money owed.
I say to all those who have not dealt with the predatory practices of Wells Fargo bank. Untill you have been there don't blame the victims.
Wells Fargo is the worst predetory lender in the subprime market. Subprime not only maked a fortune for the bank, but once they collect all they can, they take your car, write off the loan show a loss for that loan and wait for the goverment to bail them out.
WELLS FARGO IS WHAT THE WORST TYPE OF PREDATORY LENDING IS ABOUT. I have people in the Presidantial campaigns working with me now. I have also banking oversight goverment agencys working on this. Remember the collection departments record all the calls even yhough they lie and bully to get a payment you can't afford. You can record them too. I do.
Then it's your fault for not reading the contract when you bought the car and educating yourself on the terms of the loan. There is one simple solution if you don't want your car repoessessed, call the bank and turn it over!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#258 Aug 23, 2012
Roady wrote:
I see we have another infantile mind posting here calling everyone losers.Assuming all are losers.Guess the person doesn't pay attention to current events.Millions of good honest people have lost their jobs in recent years courtesy of NAFTA the bean counters here at home are closing U.S. factories at an alarming rate. Building plants in China and Mexico where they work for substandard wages and do not have to pay benefits.
I worked for a place for 11 years made good pay I paid my bills then one day they closed the plant 300 people in a small town out of a job oh wait according to the poster named WOW 300 losers and deadbeats were born overnight.
Plenty of people out there are willing to work if the were jobs available. So stop assuming just because of the few irresponsible people out there that we are all deadbeats and losers.
I have over 20 yers of experience in various manufacturing methods and believe me it took time to find another job.
Booooooo Hoo! Weren't you taught to not buy anything you couldn't afford? Did you not have a cash reserve set back for situations such as this? Did you base your life on interest payments only and screw the principle? Yes many people are caught in factory closings because the American consumer has turned it's back on American products and continue to march blindly to Walmart to load up on Chinese crap that they chose to buy rather than domestic. Wise people have a plan to fail,dummies fail to plan! Which are you?
Roady

Portland, OR

#259 Aug 24, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Booooooo Hoo! Weren't you taught to not buy anything you couldn't afford? Did you not have a cash reserve set back for situations such as this? Did you base your life on interest payments only and screw the principle? Yes many people are caught in factory closings because the American consumer has turned it's back on American products and continue to march blindly to Walmart to load up on Chinese crap that they chose to buy rather than domestic. Wise people have a plan to fail,dummies fail to plan! Which are you?
Good grief my bills are paid and my car is paid for

“Wild and Crazy--Tennessee”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#260 Aug 25, 2012
please come take mine..lol
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#261 Aug 26, 2012
Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief my bills are paid and my car is paid for
Congradulations,you're in the minority. I see so many people in today's economy buying new Camaros,Mustangs,4x4 trucks,ski boats,Harleys and totally paying everything they take home out in payments. Buy the small toys and max out the cards and make minumum monthlys. No savings,no investments,no life insurance,and living with the motto: enjoy it while you're young,screw the future,I'll worry about that when the time comes. So sad!
Joseph I

Atlanta, GA

#262 Oct 31, 2012
I came here because I have a job interview for spotter. After reading all of these posts dating back to the first one four to five years ago, I am now wondering what the hell I am getting myself into. OMG!
mdelorenzo

Gracewood, GA

#264 Dec 16, 2012
When done legally, I agree, but 99 percent of repo men have a "get it at any cost" attitude". When they trespass and break and enter, that's what gives your kind a bad name.
shawnda

Seattle, WA

#265 Jan 10, 2013
Karma will catch you! Those who are merciless will receive no mercy. Those who stalk will be stalked.

“Make Topix”

Fun Again!

#266 Jan 27, 2013
mdelorenzo wrote:
When done legally, I agree, but 99 percent of repo men have a "get it at any cost" attitude". When they trespass and break and enter, that's what gives your kind a bad name.
I agree with you.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#267 Jan 28, 2013
mdelorenzo wrote:
Bad name to who,the scumbags who don't make the payments and try to hide or keep something that doesn't belong to them? The lender has a business to run loaning money to people who can't save money for a car and want what they can't pay cash for and they deserve and expect either the payments or the car back. No pity for those who are not mentally mature enough to live within their means and expect all the good things in life for nothing.
Roady

Portland, OR

#268 Feb 3, 2013
One way to stop the violence would be to make it like they do mortgages go to court get an order to recover the vehicle.An officer of the law would be present and the debtor bound by court order if debtor refuses to turn it over or hides it they go to jail for violating a court order.
People would be more willing to let it go with an officer at the door with papers in hand rather than an intimidating recovery agent using aggressive language and intimidation to get the vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to town, hurting and needing H bad (Sep '13) 10 hr hostvirus 72
pssst Tue SMR 12
Nicole Polen Exposed Aug 25 expose 1
Lightning clear skies Aug 24 Perry 4
News Portland plans bicycle and pedestrian bridge ov... Aug 23 Boxsterbwoy 1
melissa sucks (May '08) Aug 7 Ooberman 8
Where best pizza? (Jul '14) May '16 lassie 316

Beaverton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance