Is Oregon a good place to relocate to?

Is Oregon a good place to relocate to?

Posted in the Beaverton Forum

kim

Marion, OH

#1 Jan 6, 2011
my family
and i are looking into moving out of Ohio. we are sick of the area in general, we are wanting to relocate to a nice area to raise a family. Wondering how the job security is as well as the schooling systems. We have a daughter in elementary school and one on the way. where we are at in ohio now really offers nothing for young families. drugs and crimes are ridiculously high here and as well as cancer rates!!! I seriously need some opinions if Oregon is a good area i have done some research but i would like some true residents opinions not statistics u read when u google the area! thanks so much for anyones time!!
thayer

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2011
kim wrote:
my family
and i are looking into moving out of Ohio. we are sick of the area in general, we are wanting to relocate to a nice area to raise a family. Wondering how the job security is as well as the schooling systems. We have a daughter in elementary school and one on the way. where we are at in ohio now really offers nothing for young families. drugs and crimes are ridiculously high here and as well as cancer rates!!! I seriously need some opinions if Oregon is a good area i have done some research but i would like some true residents opinions not statistics u read when u google the area! thanks so much for anyones time!!
Portland is a nice town and you may like it. I've heard Cincinati and Portland are very similar in size btw. We have 4 distict seasons. Summer sare very nice, spring is real pretty, fall is exactly what you exect and winter it will snow occasionally. Portland is very green as it rains pretty heavy here. For things to do we have tons of lakes and rivers. Outdoor stuff reigns supreme here. The coast is only an hour or so drive. We have great skiing at Mt Hood and better yet in Bend. We are #1 in microbreweries in the world I believe and we also have great wines. For where you choose to live, you may like the west side of Portland if you prefer suburbs. Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, Hillsboro. If you do well financially Lake Oswego and West Linn are very nice. As far as jobs, it depends on what you do. There are plenty of tech companies based in Portland that are always hiring. Intel is very big here. I think they employ some 15-20k people here. Portland is a good place to raise a family. For good schools stick to the tows I mentioned. The eastside is not great for schools. NE Portland specifically. Anwyay, there's lot more to know but that was a quick breakdown for ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seahawks Bring In Colin Kaepernick for workout:... Thu George 3
Moved to Portland a few months ago for a job he... Thu Houstonion 4
Portland men have the longest PEN|S in the nation (Mar '12) Thu Francis 17
Strange symptoms of the body May 24 Big Daddy 4
SCAM ELERT!!! BEWARE. Jon Nolan Food Trailer S... (May '16) May 23 conned 5
yellow school buses 2mg May 20 C00lio 6
Sub' Bars... May 20 C00lio 2

Beaverton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance