Man found stabbed near I-205 in Southeast Portland, police investigating

There are 2 comments on the The Oregonian story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Man found stabbed near I-205 in Southeast Portland, police investigating. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

An ODOT camera shows a man being attended to Thursday on SE Stark St near I-205 after being stabbed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

TWinkle

Poulsbo, WA

#1 Apr 6, 2013
This 24 yr old 'kid' has been in and out of incarceration (mostly in) over the past 14 years. Yes, I said 14 years - He was originally locked up in St. Mary's as a troubled child of 10 years! The majority of his problems stem from drug and alcohol abuse - He should definitely be in an in-patient drug program. But he has no income, no health insurance, no home, no hope. I am dumbfounded by the lack of proper judicial response, despite repeated contact with law enforcement, multiple arrests and convictions; he is never mandated to get into a treatment program. I don't know what has to happen in our society that would cause a judge to have Brandon placed into a rehab facility. I've known him since he was a small boy and I know his problems extend well beyond anything that could be handled by friends and family. Just putting him back on the street only puts him (and society) at risk. Now that he has been attacked, will he arm himself? When he does, will his heroin habit push him to use the weapon in a robbery? Will we stop wasting money in jails when the funds would be better spent on mental health & substance abuse?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2 Apr 6, 2013
TWinkle wrote:
This 24 yr old 'kid' has been in and out of incarceration (mostly in) over the past 14 years. Yes, I said 14 years - He was originally locked up in St. Mary's as a troubled child of 10 years! The majority of his problems stem from drug and alcohol abuse - He should definitely be in an in-patient drug program. But he has no income, no health insurance, no home, no hope. I am dumbfounded by the lack of proper judicial response, despite repeated contact with law enforcement, multiple arrests and convictions; he is never mandated to get into a treatment program. I don't know what has to happen in our society that would cause a judge to have Brandon placed into a rehab facility. I've known him since he was a small boy and I know his problems extend well beyond anything that could be handled by friends and family. Just putting him back on the street only puts him (and society) at risk. Now that he has been attacked, will he arm himself? When he does, will his heroin habit push him to use the weapon in a robbery? Will we stop wasting money in jails when the funds would be better spent on mental health & substance abuse?
Indeed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaverton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friendly Computer Repair Portland Managed Services Mon pete 1
Where best pizza? (Jul '14) Mon igorantus 193
morgellons disease (Aug '10) Mon Melissa 70
News Three arrested on weapon and drug charges May 3 white man 1
how you hate oregon; let you count the ways (Feb '07) May 3 white man 2,364
News Baltimore protests: Thousands participate in ma... May 3 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
colette draeger May 2 RANSOM PRIDE 1
More from around the web

Beaverton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]