Should Ohio ban those younger than 18...

Should Ohio ban those younger than 18 from using tanning beds?

There are 6 comments on the Journal News story from May 6, 2011, titled Should Ohio ban those younger than 18 from using tanning beds?. In it, Journal News reports that:

Two Ohio legislators want to ban anyone younger than 18 from using tanning beds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

Rope

Wilmington, OH

#1 May 7, 2011
does it really matter what age you are? No we shouldnt ban tanning beds. we need more FREEDOM not a dictatorship.
mammabear

Centerburg, OH

#2 May 9, 2011
I agree with the bans for those under 18. If they get skin cancer or a std, yes I said std, it is very possible, the parents are responsible for paying the bills for the doctor. I say ban all under the age of 18 and I hope it is enforced. I will never allow or pay for a tan for a underage person.
Tanning beds are an idea spot for germs to grow. Many young people tan nude not knowing they can get a std and it will stay with them for life. If you think rubbing down the bed quickly with a spray will kill all germs you are wrong. It is a breeding ground for germs.
Rope

Wilmington, OH

#3 May 9, 2011
mammabear wrote:
I agree with the bans for those under 18. If they get skin cancer or a std, yes I said std, it is very possible, the parents are responsible for paying the bills for the doctor. I say ban all under the age of 18 and I hope it is enforced. I will never allow or pay for a tan for a underage person.
Tanning beds are an idea spot for germs to grow. Many young people tan nude not knowing they can get a std and it will stay with them for life. If you think rubbing down the bed quickly with a spray will kill all germs you are wrong. It is a breeding ground for germs.
You can get STD's and skin cancer at ANY age! And have it so it's the parents permission to let their kid tan.
mammabear

Centerburg, OH

#4 May 10, 2011
Rope wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get STD's and skin cancer at ANY age! And have it so it's the parents permission to let their kid tan.
Yes you can get skin cancer at any age and sexually active people of all ages can get stds (sexually transmitted diseases). Why would you want to allow your child to increase their chances of getting a std or skin cancer by allowing them to tan ? They can and do get skin cancer and diseases from tanning beds and that is a fact. Too bad parents do not always make the right choices for their children. You will have to sign a paper to allow your child to expose themselves to the many dangers of tanning, therefore allowing them to take unnecessary risks in life just to get a tan so their bodies look buff. Why take the risk ? Why allow your child to be at risk ? I will not allow it. If they want a tan they can get it the old fashioned way using sunscreen.
law will decide

Centerburg, OH

#5 May 12, 2011
The law will decide so it is not left up to the parent to decide if their child should be a target for cancer & std's. Why would any parent allow a child to do something that is so harmful to them?
Law

Amelia, OH

#6 May 26, 2011
Parents will find away around it always do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beavercreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Yidfellas 20,923
News GLYNN, William 7 hr Bob Walker 1
Hey, you so-called conservative Pentagon pimps! 9 hr The New Cool Warrior 1
Good morning, my cupcakes and snowflakes! 9 hr Net Nut 1
Winnie Peacock (Aug '16) 11 hr Someone 6
News Local rapper denies his group, Diamond Cut, is ... (May '08) 22 hr MARYJANE 27
To you professional-veteran victims out there: Wed Didndunuffin 2

Beavercreek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beavercreek Mortgages