Reprieve for Ohio tank plant? | The C...

Reprieve for Ohio tank plant? | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Reprieve for Ohio tank plant? | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A House panel voted yesterday to keep the Abrams Tank manufacturing line in Lima open, rejecting an administration plan to end production at the plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Live Free

Defiance, OH

#1 Jun 15, 2011
"next Tank" in this econmic era will nEVER happen . keep the Abrams in production!
Roark

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2011
We still have enemies to fight so there is no use to get rid of the plant.
oh boy

Bryan, OH

#3 Jun 15, 2011
Defense is part of the top three largest portions of the budget budget but is always off the table when it comes to cutting spending
Paul Not Paublo

New Lexington, OH

#4 Jun 15, 2011
Let us go back to before WW-2, when we stopped military production. It did not take long for a world war to start and help the econemy. There are jobs in central Ohio related to this plant. If building tanks and showing our power can keep us out of war, and save the lives of our troops I am all for it!
PBR Street Gang

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 15, 2011
I am more worry about domestic enemies...
Steven Streets

Grove City, OH

#6 Jun 15, 2011
I'll never forget the look on the Ft Knox drills face as the first M 1 Abrams rolled down the dirt road we were marching on.

He went from hard core Drill Sergent to 5 year old on Xmas morning.
Priceless.
Steven Streets

Grove City, OH

#7 Jun 15, 2011
PBR Street Gang wrote:
I am more worry about domestic enemies...
"The Horror The Horror"
DouglasJay

Boulder, CO

#8 Jun 15, 2011
The $1 trillion defense budget could be reduced by $800 billion and we'd still be safe from other nations. Think what that money could do if it were invested in schools, science, energy, and environment. Instead, we get clunker tanks that will end up in the junkyard soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beavercreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Really 21,438
Review: Greater Dayton RTA 18 hr DAYTON RTA TO AIR... 3
Review: Allison Ann Miller 19 hr ALLISON ANN MILLER 8
Review: Misty Rachael Doyle 19 hr MISTY RACHAEL DOYLE 3
Jarrod Burton Sun Truthful 4
Lonnie Burton Sun Truthful 1
anyone know of any dayton women who posed naked... (Jan '14) Feb 16 Please man 22

Beavercreek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beavercreek Mortgages